I LOVE YOU MAN

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: I Love You Man

Postby Jongho » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi, Mike. This is Jong Ho.

Peter dates several men to look for the best man at his wedding. Meanwhile, he meets Sydney by accident, and they became friends. Although Peter is a girlish and sensitive guy, Sydney is very manly and ridiculous. They both extremely like Rush, and Sydney teaches Peter a man
Last edited by Jongho on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jongho

Postby EffyChoi » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:57 pm

Peter is hard-working person, and he has lovely girlfriend. One day, he proposed his girlfriend so he will get married. He has a lot of coworker friends but they are all girls. He doesn
Last edited by EffyChoi on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
EffyChoi

I LOVE YOU MAN

Postby Amy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi, this is IEP 2 Amy.:)

This two guys- Peter and Sydney have totally different, opposite personality. I think It made intereracted them to be best friend to each other on the contrary. Peter is type of person who feels much comfortable with girls rather than with guys. And I can say he is nice guy but kind of conservative person who doesnt really want to break rules.

On the other hand, Sydney is very smart ,but sometimes he doesnt care about other people at all. He had no problem to do what he wants in odd ways . It cause a nuisance to the people sometimes but i think it must be very impressive ,funny to Peter. for example, when Peter was working as house selling staff, He met One guy who was stuffing foods into his mouth at there. the guy was Sydney. It's kind of interesting because we dont want to have foods a lot with strangers at totally not familliar place standing alone. in addition, difinately Sydney is hillious.

by the time, there was one couple and peter was trying to get their attention for house selling. But Sydney told him they are not really interested in the house, the guy just want to get good impression to her and he was dying to fart. Peter couldnt believe what he said, but the guy was really fart when the girl went to kitchen for short. that's really impressive part I remember.

plus, as time goes by, they got closer as friend . I think it's not only their personality is totally different in curious way but also trust is based on their relationship. that's why Peter gave lend Sydney some his money even though he has many expenses by the time . after he saw where Syney used for the lended money ,he was so dissapointed to him .

However, Overthrow my guess that Sydney might approached to peter with bad purpose, Sydney was good friend and They met again at Peter's wedding. I love the way director made this movie to spectators can laugh without conscious . it was hillious ,good message movie :)
Amy

Postby Heejung Shin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi Mike! I
Heejung Shin

Postby liuyujun » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:28 pm

From my perspective, Peter and Sydney become good friends because of their complementary personality and they are both considerate. In the first place, they are totally different person. Peter was always cautious and old-fashioned. Sydney was really open and outgoing.

However, Peter just need a friend like Sydney who can play crazy with him and make him happier. Sydney made him come out his many interests and let him funnier. Sydney needed a friend too. Because most of his friends have family and they cannot hang out with him all the time. Moreover Sydney and Peter both like music and they love same band. They can played different instrument and they played songs together. They really had a lot of fun.

In the second place, they are always considerate of other. Peter lent Sydney 8000 dollars and hasn
liuyujun

Postby YUCHEN FAN » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi Mike,this is Yuchen Fan.

I think Peter and Sydney become best friends for three reasons. One of them is Peter is a shy person. He doesn't have a man friend when he wants to marry Zooey. He listens the conversation of her friends. So he decides to make friends with men.

The second reason is Sydney is an outgoing person. And he has his own judgement. Peter and Sydney have totally different personalities, but they can help each other. Finally,they share the same hobby. It's music. They are interested in music. The music makes them become closer friends.

I like this movie.Thank you for reading.
YUCHEN FAN

Postby yuto_zhong » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi Mike. This is Yuto..

Peter,a shy man who is going to get married,he has everything he wants to have. When his girl friend agreed to marry him,he thought he has the world,he is the happiest man.However,good thing never lasts long,he finally realised that he has no male friend,no one can be his best man that make him feel ashamed and embarrassed in front of his fiancee and her frieds.

Therefore,he started meeting lots of men. But that didn't work and he was going to give up.At that time,he met sydney,that kind of people he's never met in his life.His unique opinion made Peter was interested at him.So Peter tried to dated with him.And finally they became friends.I think that kind of relationship is destiny,because they have totally different kinds of personalities,how can they bacome friends? However,on the other hand,Peter does need this kinds of friend.he is a shy and conservative man.

Whereas, Sydney is a outing and talkative man,he nener thinks about getting married,he doesn't want everyone to control his life.So he's getting more and more lonely,because all his friend have their owm family,but he doesn't.In a word ,they need each other.because they can change each other's life.They can make difference on each other that let their lifes became better and better. That why they can become best friends.
yuto_zhong

Postby shelln » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:12 am

Pete really want have a best man in his wedding. His fiancee has a lot of friends to share happiness and secret. After he was kissed by a strange man, he met Sydney in open house day. Sydney is the man who is experienced and humor. The reason I think Peter feels very nervous when he call to Sydney is not Peter is homo, he just attract by Sydeny and will in step with him.

During the time Peter stay with Sydeny, he feels fun come form man, different with family and girlfriend. And this fun not as vulgar as you think. They were in step, they ate best fish in the world, walk with dog and never clean the shit, share the secrets and even love same band and they were play insrument together.It is completely happiness, no pressure, enjoy process, inside the monastery, completely relaxed in himself. Most importantly, someone with him in this time, he is Sydeny.

Meng IEP2
Last edited by shelln on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
shelln

Postby stage » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:16 am

This movie is about two men. They're really funny guys. Peter is the type of person who feels more comfortable with girls than with guys. And I can say he is a nice guy but kind of a conservative person who doesn't really want to break rules. On the other hand, Sydney is very smart, but sometimes he doesn't care about other people at all. He has no problem doing what he wants in odd ways.

I think that not only their personalities are totally different in a curious way, but also trust is based on their relationship. For example, Peter lends Sydney some money even though he has many expenses at the time. Later, when he sees where Sydney uses the money, he is so disappointed in him.

I think this movie is so funny and nice. I like it.
Thanks Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a good weekend!!!!!

Kimi
stage

Postby ryan kwag » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:20 am

Hi, I'm Ryan

Those two guys, Peter Klaven and Sydney Fife have totally different personalities and life styles. First Peter is a real estate agent who has no male friends at all, and he is going to marry with Zooey Rice. He really loves Zooey, and one day he heard Zooey and her friends talking about guy who has no male friends. He thought it was terrible, so, since then he realized that he needs to find male friends in order to have a best man in his wedding.

This doesn't work out, because he could not drink alcohol well and moreover he doesn't know the gamble rules. He tried some different type of man dates but non of them worked. One day during an open house he met Sydney who knows a lot about other people and has outgoing personality. They hang out few times and they kind of like each other by a friend. So eventually Sydney invited Peter into his man cave where he keeps all of his collections and belongings.

Sydney is an axman who plays guitar and Peter played some bass before. After they had same interests they socialized more often and shared their secrets. This cause some problem like Peter is so na
ryan kwag

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports