I LOVE YOU MAN

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

I LOVE YOU, MAN

Postby chuanqiandai » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:40 am

Because of Peter is a man who is weighty color gently friend before, he has a fat lot of any male friends. Peter feels embarrassed and gives himself a mission to find male friends. So one of the reasons why Peter and Sydney become good friends is Sydney appearers on time.

They meet in Sydney's open house. Peter finds that Sydney is a person who is decadent, incorrigible, and crazy. But actually, Sydney also is very kind, accommodating and candid. Because of the character Sydney has, Peter likes to be a good friend with him.

Day after day, they see a great deal. They sing songs together, walk in the park, and ride motorcycles. In my opponion,they develop a friendship very quickly during this time. So, there is no doubt that thay will became a good friends.
chuanqiandai

Re: I Love You Man

Postby shoko » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:22 am

I think the reason why Peter and Sydney become best friends is their personalities are basically similar, even though their ways of expressions are difference.

At the beginning of this movie, I thought it is hard for them to get best friends. Because their backgrounds obviously seem to be difference. But my mind is getting change after I know they have a same hobby, guitar. Also, the bloom, Peter, starts to show his another personality during the conversation with Sydney.

Though Peter hesitates to talk about his privacy at first, Sydney makes him honest. And they start to enjoy talking frankly. I think this means their basic ideas are similar but expressions are difference. The different expression of them is their past.

To be concrete, Peter has hidden his privacy from others and Sydney has shown it ever since. Additionally their personalities are very new for each other. The freshness helps their relationship becomes more attractive for them.
Because of these reasons, I think they become best friends.
shoko

I LOVE YOU MAN

Postby daniela.fiestas » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:55 am

Peter is Zooey's fince. The story starts when Peter accidentaly heard Zoey and her friends talking about that he doesnt have friends at all and that he wouldnt be able to have a best man for their wedding. He obviously felt bad, so he decided to change that and start making friends. The first two times, was such a mess.. In the first one, Peter went to a house guys party when the owner was Zoe's friend husband and after drinking a lot, he threw up in the guy's face. The second opportunity was because his mom set him a date wich the guy was actually gay.

In a open house sell, he met Sydney. Sydney was there just because he wanted to have free food and meet a single divorcee women. They started to talk and Sydney told him about the intentions of one guy there trying to "flirt" with a girl and this surprised Peter. They exchange phones and Peter called him the next week they met. They started to hang out, they went to bars, restaurants, Zydney's house, etc.

They became good friends, because Zydney was everything that Peter wasnt. They just had something in common: Music. They both played the same instrument. I think that different characters make something attractive. After all, Sydney was the best man in Zoe and Peter's weeding and she liked Zydney.
daniela.fiestas

Re: I Love You Man Desiree Lenz

Postby meltem bedo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:42 am

Peter and Sydney became good friends because, at first they needed oneanother. And Peter needed a friend for his marriege and Sydney was feelt lonley. Peter and Sydney liked eachother because they had the same humor and they became the same interest and they had a lot of fun. Peter learned the cool ness from Sydney and Sydney learned from Peter what real love is.

Peter also spend much time with Sydney because Zooey Peters fiancee' had a womans talk with her friends and they did not speak nice about Peter because he at frist had no friends. But that changed. Peter became male friends because a dated guys but he was not a homo. At last Sydney became his best man at the wedding. Sydney was a mysterious free spirit and Peter was impresst because Peter wanted to be cool like Sydney. Sydney helped Peter how to find his "macho" side as a man.

Peter and Sydney understood each other and the jokes what they made only anderstud them. They where like girlfriend and boyfriend nometter what , they where stuck on each other. Peter was also very nervous, when Peter had a date with Sydney that was funny because he was wanted to say cool words but he massed it up and sometimes he thouth he would talk like a fat douche but that was cool. Sydney and Peter where from the character different but thats what makes a friendship special because Peter is nice and friendly Gendtleman and Sydney is the opposite loud uses woman smokes weed being tuff has no respect and these to Peter and Sydney they where interested in eachother like best paoles. I liked that movie very much.
meltem bedo

Postby klaudiaguca » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:39 am

Hello, this is Klaudia!

Peter Klaven and Sydney Fife become best friends because of their contrasting personalities and it is another good example for 'opposites attract'. Peter on one side is the severe, polite gentleman with good manners who is about to get married to his beloved girlfriend Zooey, that means the world to him.

Sydney in contrast is more loose, single and not afraid of anything, which makes him very self-confident and outspoken. These attributes of his charcter show Peter a new, different way of life and for the very first time he enjoys it to the fullest. In Sydney's 'mancave' they also find out about their same interest: music and the band 'rush'. In the end Sydney becomes his best friend and moreover his best man for the weeding with Zooey.
klaudiaguca

Postby ahrampark » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:38 pm

The movie
ahrampark

Postby Tilun » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Peter and Sydney is the best friend in the movie. There are several of reason makes Sydney to be Peter
Tilun

Postby brhnysa » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:44 pm

The movie, which is named "I Love You Man," is about two guys, Peter and Sydney, who became best friends. They are two totally different characters. Peter is the kind of man who is shy and wants to get married. On the other hand, Sydney is outgoing, and he doesn't want a serious relationship or marriage.

In my opinion, there are three reasons to explain their friendship. First of all, Zooey has a relationship with Peter, and also they are planning to get married to each other. Also, Peter needs a best man for his wedding but he does not have any best friends.

Zooey wants Peter and Sydney to become best friends. If she didn't want this to happen, they couldn't become best friends.

The second reason is that the music gives them something in common to become closer friends because both of them like to play music instrument and sing song. In addition, this awkward friendship works out because of their 100% opposite personalities.

Thank u for reading. I like this movie. :D
brhnysa

Postby ingridbdutra » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:16 am

Peter and Sydney become good friends because both are looking for the same thing when they meet each other. Peter is the kind of person who puts too much energy in relationships, but that is enought for him. Sydney has been watching all his friends get married, have kids and move on with their lives. When both meet each other there is a space needing be occupied: The man friend and best man.

In the beginning Peter and Sydney are different in many ways, Peter is self-conscious, moralistic and always present in his girlfriend's life. Sydney, on the other hand, is a single guy with no plans to get married or find the lovely one, totally messy and lazy, but in same way they compliment and make each other a better man.

"There is no rules for male friendship".
ingridbdutra

Postby buketbavas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:44 pm

I Love You Man is a really good movie.This movie about Petter and Sydney who they are really different characters. Petter is a shy and respectful person on the other hand Sydney is a really strange and unrespectful but they are really close friends because both guys do not have any other friends except each other. Also Petter has a girlfriend and they will be marred soon and he needs a man who he can stay next to him until finish the wedding ceremony.

But Petter got some kinds of fight with Sydney and they broke up their relations. This part also was very funny because they were like couple. In the final of the movie Petter`s engaged call the Sydney and Sydney was the Petter`s real man in the wedding ceremony.

The movie was good. I can suggest this movie that people can watch it.
buketbavas

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports