[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - I LOVE YOU MAN

I LOVE YOU MAN

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

I LOVE YOU, MAN

Postby STACEY KANG » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:58 am

I Love You Man--

The movie which, is about a man trying to find out a best friend, is sometimes funny and moving. But personally, It was a little more boring to me than the previous two movies because it contained too much slang. So, at the beginning of the movie I tried to focus on their speaking, but I was getting tired of understanding more and more.

It was even little annoying. So, I couldn't catch every scene, but I will discuss the story as well as I know. Peter is getting married, and he is looking for a best friend to become the "Best Man" at his wedding. But everybody that he meets is weird. Finally he meets a man who is called Sydney.

After a lot of things happen, they become close each other, and also Sydney becomes Peter's Best Man. I think, the reason for their friendship is Sydney borrows pretty large sum of money from Peter. It caused trouble between Peter and his future wife Zooey. But soon, Peter gets to know that the money is for him, so he likes Sydney more than before.

Sydney becomes the Best Man at Peter's wedding and the movie ends as they become true friends. After watching it, I was wondering whether I have a friend like Sydney or not. If I don't have any, I should find my "best man" too. :)
STACEY KANG

Re: I Love You Man

Postby Liangce Zhou » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:22 pm

From my perspective, both of Peter and Sydney were suffering their lonely life before they met, because they never had a real friend in their lives. Peter was lack of the experience which was hanging out with male friends; therefore, he didn
Liangce Zhou

I LOVE YOU MAN

Postby Kamil » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Paul Rudd and Jason Segel are the main actors of this original comedy : How can you make male friends when you are a sensitive straight man just in time for your wedding? The strong of the movie is in not only in the comedy scenes well shot but especially in the second characters and the chemestry between the two main actors.

Like in a buddy movie, the film starts to be really good when the two man met each other. Relationship between male friends, female friends or couples are really well described. Crudity and dirty words are the usual recipe to make this kind of movie. And it works. Paul Rudd is really good in all scenes that include awkwardness.

Girls are not in their best advantage in this movie, drawn with all the "clich
Kamil

I LOVE YOU MAN

Postby Charlykolo » Thu May 19, 2011 10:20 am

They become best friend because the opposites have an attraction each other, the first need originality in his life and the second need calm and stability. I don't see other reasons.

Nicolas Gauvin.
Charlykolo

I LOVE YOU MAN

Postby maikuu » Tue May 28, 2013 4:19 pm

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: I LOVE YOU MAN

Postby cemozbek » Wed May 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Hi this is Cem. It was a funny movie and I liked it but I think it's not for children and girls :o The movie includes a lot of masculine expressions :lol: To begin with, Peter proposed to his fiancée and they are waiting for the wedding. Peter is very happy to be with Zooey bu when Zooey and her friends was [were] talking, Peter heard all the rumors reluctantly which are related about himself and they are not good. Zooey's friends think that Peter is so lonely and he needs some "boy" friends otherwise their marriage is going to be harder than they expect. Therefore, Peter decided to find some friends and he started to look around. He found some friens but actually they are not a friend in a good way :D But finally he found a friend which name is Sydney is going to change Peter's life and he also changed it. They were passing pretty good times until Zooey started to jealous them a little bit. ( Actually I have never seen a woman which is so considerate in this way :o ) Than Sydney lend lend some money from Peter and he spent it all for great advertisement bilboards. Having been regretted and missed, did they meet in wedding again and they saved their friendship.

Thanks Cem for being first to post and for writing a pretty good summary of I Love You Man. Looks like you understand the movie pretty well. I must caution you, as a publishing writer, to check for GPS before posting. As for the movie not being suitable for females, please read Faris' post below. You might be surprised. In fact, in the move, much of the raunch is delivered by the female characters.

Ciao --mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :oops:
cemozbek

Postby Faris » Wed May 29, 2013 10:49 pm

I really loved this rom-com movie,it contains lots of guys' dirty jokes.
Just imagine guys if one proposes to a girl and have no best-man at all :o that would suck for me honestly
because people will look at you the same way they did to Peter.
Despite of all the comedy and the funny jokes, this movie contains a hidden message which is more like a wake up call for people
to start making friends as much as they can because one day you will need some of them to stand beside you with your family.
So studying at ALC will give this opportunity to make friends from all over the world.
You know what is said " a friend in need is a friend indeed " .
I would love to have a friend like Sydney . I think a lot of you guys would right?

I gotta say that reading this post just blew me out of the water!! I couldn't stop laughing. And as I read on, I realized that Faris not only understands this movies message very well, but also notices how it applies to her own life here in America. Thank you (shukran), Faris, for one of the most amazing insightful post/edits I have had the joy of reading.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :D :D
Faris

Postby khalidfs » Thu May 30, 2013 8:29 pm

hi its khalid, i dont really like romantic- comedy just normal comedy. The movie i love you man, is about a guy who proposes to girlfriend where the two of them are going to get married. There is problem for the groom, who is going to be his best man, he doesnt have any friends. So he goes to find new friends to make them his best man or something like that. Later on in the movie he finds this guy who likes to hang out and likes to play in a band and likes a band called RUSH i think. so both of them like the same band and the groom asked this guy if he can be his bestman but later on they fight and they are not friends anymore. the wedding comes along and his wife calles the guy to be his best man but to make it a surprise.

As for not liking the rom-com genre, I like any and all genre. For me, it's all about the movie. I can like a great movie in any genre (even musicals, my least favorite). RUSH is a real rock band from Canada. They have sold 25 million albums (third behind the Beatles and The Rolling Stones). They have been one of the top touring bands in the world for forty years. That was the real RUSH we saw in the movie. Yes, my friend, there's more than meets the eye. Thanks for a nice summary.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :P
khalidfs

Postby RafifAlshebl » Fri May 31, 2013 12:01 pm

it was a very funny movie full of honesty, faith, and commetment lessons. this movie improved my english because of many simple words and phrases they used. the movie was simpe, and the end was kinda expected. i loved the charecter of Zooey because she was a simple girl with a very big heart.

Hi Rafif-- Glad you enjoyed I Love You Man, but really glad it helped your English. This is my greatest gratification for showing movies. All the best.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :?
RafifAlshebl

Postby sarah alsadoun » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:06 am

It was a funny movie and I really love it. It talks about a man who plan to married his girlfriend, and he was trying to find friends because he just movie to LA and he doesn’t have friends. Finally, he finds one friend to be a best man after a lot of funny actions. Additionally, there is something call a man date which is men do to find a new friends by hanging out together and having coffee and no dinner. Indeed, Zoe jealous of the friendship between Peter and Sydney because peter gives Sydney $8000 and Zoe needs this money to prepare for the wedding ceremony. Also, Peter spend a lot of time with Sydney more than Zoe.

Thanks Sarah for posting. Glad you liked I Love You Man! Your comments make me wonder why we guys even need man dates? All the best to you.
--mike :arrow: :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :D
sarah alsadoun

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports