[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - I LOVE YOU MAN

I LOVE YOU MAN

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: I LOVE YOU MAN

Postby xin jin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi, everybody, this is King. In this film, the hero,whose name is Peter Klaven, will marry his girl friend soon, but unfortunately, he can not find a friend as his best man.Sydney Fife wants to help Peter Klaven because he thinks Peter is a poor guy, in Peter's world, he only has his job and his girlfriend, he enough does not have any delight of life, he could not live as his realy hope.A man date means men go together to have fun like drinking beer, playing music, or play games.The reason why Zoe envies their friendship because Peter never puts all his attention on her again, and she is never the person can own screet with Peter, in short, she is not Peter's uniqueness anymore.

Hey Xin-- I'm so glad to hear what you have to say. All points are summarized pretty well. We're getting close to the end of this Spring quarter of 2013. As always, this is becoming a sad moment of good buys to my students. The good news is there is one more great movie coming this week. Get ready for Slumdog Millionaire.
Thanks for posting, my friend. --mike :arrow: moviesgrowenglish.com :shock:
xin jin

Postby alice03015 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi, this is Alice. After Peter proposed marriage to Zooey, Peter found he didn't have best man for their wedding. By the time the wedding was count down, he was seeking his best man. During the movie, Peter met gays, played cards with her Zooey's friend's husband, drunk but threw out people's face...although he failed to get best man, it is funny story! By chance, he found a friend whose name is Sydney that changed Peter's life. They played anything that Peter never done. At that time, Peter always canceled or delayed his dating with Zooey until Zooey protest. Sometimes, people will forget their friends when they fall in love with somebody. Likewise, people can't control when they pay attention too much with their friends, then they forget their lover,their families. As a result, people should notice their partners or friends when they forget to pay attention themselves.

Ni-Hao Alice-- Thanks for a good set-up summary and an overview of how I Love You Man reflects real life. I like how this thought piece reminds us to balance the attention we give to our friends, lovers, and family. Good Post/Edit.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :(
alice03015

Postby Abood93 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:06 pm

Hi I'm Abdullah

I love you man, I really enjoyed watching this movie it's a movie about a guy named Peter that found the love of his life and he's ready to marry her, but he runs through an obstacle that he realize that he didn't have a best friend, so he doesn't have a best man for the wedding, and then begins the plot.

I think that Zooey is not jealous he's worried that she lost him and he's not being a good husband as he should be.

Hey Abood-- Thanks for a short but sweet post. I love you . . . . MAN!
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :mrgreen:
Abood93

Postby Basma » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi, I enjoyed watching I LOVE YOU MAN! It was mix with comedy and romance. The movie shows a strong relationship between two couples are peter and Zoe and with their strong love they solved all the problems that they have faced and at the end they get married surrounded with both their friends. I guess man date is kind of meeting between two mens together. Zoe was jealous because peter suddenly was busy all the time with Sydny and enjoying his time. Unfortunately, Sydny wanted for peter to have friends. I really appriciate that you gave us the chance to watch this movie. I really liked it, it was funny movie.

Hi Basma-- Real glad you like I Love You Man. I wasn't sure if this film would be liked in the Movie class, especially among females. I'm happy it seems to be going over well because beyond the humor, I think there really is a good story here. This is why I selected it for moviesgrowenglish.com. All the best!
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :cry:
Basma

Postby Mazen » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:25 pm

HELLO,
I love you Mike :lol: for your fabulous choices of movies. This movie clarify the importance of friends in our life and how they can affect on our behaviors.
Peter was searching for a best man who would carry the ring in her widding but the problem was he has no friends at all. Since he had started searching the funny and difficult scenes started.

I love you Mazen. I'm tickled pink that you appreciate my choice for movies. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :mrgreen:
Mazen

Postby Hind » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:21 pm

I enjoyed watching I LOVE YOU MAN. It was a nice comedy movie. It was about a man who is a girlfriend guy. He doesn't know how to be around men and to have friendship with them. He met Zoe his soul mate and he is going to get married. His concern was to find a best man. He eventually met Sydney who turns to be a great best friend. A man date is two guys going out for lunch or drink but not dinner. Zoe is jealous from Sydney because Peter was giving more attention and time to Sydney and he even canceled their Sunday usual program. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to watch this movie.

You're welcome. Glad you liked I Love You Man. As a matter of writing style, I suggest focus on verb tense and relative time. It is a little confusing if there are a lot of time jumps. Big thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com
Hind

Postby TheCoolest7 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:14 pm

Hey mike, this is Tarek aka Tom
The movie I LOVE YOU MAN was a nice movie in my opinion maybe because I like the actor Jason Segel his movie forgetting sarah marshall is one of my favorite movies he has this funny personality that I like in his movies. I LOVE YOU MAN is a move that talks about Peter Klaven a guy that is newly engaged but his lover discovered that he does not have any friends so the whole period of the movie he try to make friends but he fails many times until he meets Sydney Fife a nice friendly guy who share Peter Klaven interest in music spicily the band RUSH and they became best friends. Zoe was jealous of the friendship between Peter and Sydney because she is used to having peter for herself and because peter is now spending a lot of time with his new friend Sydney. :mrgreen:
TheCoolest7

Postby vathanya » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Hello Mike, this is Thanya.
"I love you man" is a good romantic and comedy movies. I love the time when Sydney and Peter staying together: hanging around, talking about stuff and doing crazy things. As a result, I don't have a doubt why Zooey is jealous of their friendship, they are so that i can't believe that it is which is a platonic relationship. At first, they seems to use each other for a reason, i) Peter want to find a best man for his wedding and ii) Sydney is finding someone to hang out with him as well because all of his friends are married. After that, they found out that the more time they spend together the closer they become. Finally, it's not about finding a best man or searching a friend for an occasion anymore, it's about their feeling that they really feel they are friends.
vathanya

Postby OMARHHASAN » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:34 pm

Smart enjoyable comedy, but I really loved the ironic choice for the title. And a great bunch of characters, that don't over do it either. Paul Rudd is great and Jason Segel is great too. Good movie.

Hey Omar-- Thanks for a brief but very smart POST.
All the best --mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com
OMARHHASAN

Postby maikuu » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:16 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Movie Reports