[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - ADJUSTMENT BUREAU: First Kiss

ADJUSTMENT BUREAU: First Kiss

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

ADJUSTMENT BUREAU: First Kiss

Postby maikuu » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:52 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: ADJUSTMENT BUREAU: First Kiss

Postby urgnoh » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:59 pm

I believe the love at first sight because I have heard few friends and people who said they have the experience about love at first sight. On the other hand, I don't believe the love at first sight that they will kiss at first between two people. Indeed, I have never felt love at first sight in my life like the movie. Maybe I will meet a girl making me fall in love at the first time in the future. But now, I have a girlfriend, so I can't going to find any other girl to be my friend. I will be kill some day.

Teacher's Note: Thanks for this informed response about the Adjustment Bureau. I sense that there is a romantic notion about love, but the reality is more practical..

--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :)
urgnoh

Postby azo0o0z117 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:23 pm

In my point of view the love need[s] time not at the first sight. At the first sight you may like someone, but that is not real love.You feel something different about this person and you like that person you may have a chance to fall in love or maybe you don't have a chance, so I think there is no love at the first sight, but there is likes.

Teacher's Note: Yes, we may think it is love when we meet an attractive person, but true love takes more time. I believe it can be very difficult to discern between the passion of first blush and long-lasting true love. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :mrgreen:
azo0o0z117

Postby jabreil1992 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:03 pm

In my point of view, love at first sight could be possible. a man meet[s] a woman for a first time in a party, wedding or special day and she looks gorgeous and beautiful so one of them will step up and start a conversation and they might find something in common. At first they might like each other and then day by day they become close to each other and fall in love so they have to enjoy the rest of their life together. :D

Teacher's Note: Great point. As a man, I must agree that women can look even more beautiful at a special occasion. There is an interesting grammar point here, if I may . . . The last line says "they have to enjoy the rest of their life together." This means they have no choice. I suggest re-ordering the words like this: "they have the rest of their lives to enjoy together." Now, it makes more sense. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com ;)
jabreil1992

Postby Abdullah11 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:34 am

In my opinion, love at first sight is not real simple because you can not love a person just by how they look. You fall in love when you get to know the person and know their personality. People may get attracted by the first sight but not love. It's simple. People can not fall in love with looks.

Teacher's Note: A very concise response. I wonder if you can think of a brief example to support your thesis. In other words, a little more content would sooth my soul. Great GPS. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :shock:
Abdullah11

Postby Mesharii » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:24 pm

I disagree with the quote "Love at first sight" and I think we can find this thing just in movies and theaters unlike love in real life which is much harder and more complicated than it seems in movies. Love is much harder in real life because you should be careful while choosing your life partner so you need a lot of time to choose the right person to get [fall] in love with. In real life you need also a lot of time to be comfortable with the other person and have a kiss from her. I don't think that movies or theaters reflect the real life in explaining "love".

Teacher's Note: Sadly, I think you are correct. Especially, the older we get, the more we realize this. Ah, but when we are young. . . WHEN we R young! Who can deny having fallen in love with just one look? Thanks so much for posting!

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :roll:
Mesharii

Postby eoh1029 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:16 pm

It depend[s] on the person, If I were her, I could fall in love with stranger because they were in the special situation. Although the short period of time, Their conversation went well [with] each other. In love, I think time is not a big deal. The feeling is more important than time! :shock: :!:

Teacher's Note: Although most previous posters do not seem to agree with "love at first sight." . . . Finally a true believer . . . a romantic, surely a lover of song and poem, perhaps Shakespeare, who was the truest of romantics and a hardboiled realist to boot. You have a pure heart, my dear! Thanks for posting (please be careful with GPS).

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com 8-)
eoh1029

Postby f959f959 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Many people assume that love cannot incidentally occur at first sight. In fact, they believe that kind of love exists merely in the movie scene. In general, movies have made many unusual things become real and love at first sight is one example. Love is a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection and that cannot logically happen in a short period. Consequently, love has a process which begins with first sight, impress, connection, effectiveness then ends certainly with love. Furthermore, the true love comes where attractiveness and comprehension are existing. To sum up, instead of saying love at first sight, it would say admiration at first sight. That sound is more agreeable.

Faisal 2

Teacher's Note: If I may pass judgment for a moment, please allow me to say that this is one of the most sagacious (a good word) explanations of "the romance process" I have ever seen! Great piece of writing. Movie makers figured out a long time ago that most people love to see "love at first sight" on the screen even if it hardly ever exists in reality. But then, what is love? Or what is admiration? I guess we have to look into the heart to find the answer. And by the way, where is the "logic that naturally happens." I'm not sure if there is any logic to love, but who cares when we're having so much fun? Thanks for posting!

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :idea:
f959f959

Postby Faisal.marz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm

It's quit a time since we've seen the first kiss on Tv [TV] when the classic movies was shown. In that time Marilyn Monroe  appeared in the movies with her magic smile and her lovely soul tell us how is the real kiss by a song called "kiss" back in the 90s. So it's foolish thing to denie the love at the frist sight in the time we're living with it, breath it and see it every day. It's stick in human history wather we like it or not, but the difference is what if we believe it or not. So what I think is that love at the frist sight is exist not only in classic movies but in the real life too.

Teacher's Note: Not sure I feel the logic here, but the sweet emotion rings through loud and clear. AND I love the conclusion of this idea piece. To the author: please observe GPS. Big thanks for a great post! :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :ugeek:
Faisal.marz

Postby Kenny » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:58 pm

As far as I an[m] concerned, I believe it's true that people fall in love at the first time they meet. It's very rare but it's true. Nobody can define what love is. Actually,love is some kind of human nature.We feel happy and confortable when we see someone we likeand with very little possibility this person feel the same way as you do,that's where love appear[s].Aristotle once said:Love is one soul in two bodies ,which is trul,somebody spends his whole life to find true love but not everyone success.Anyway,love is so beautiful and just happens with no reasons.It is possible to fall in love with someone you just meet!

Teacher's Note: I love this thought piece! Did Aristotle really say that? Such poetry. One suggestion: Please note for GPS herein. Ni dong ma? Big thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :twisted:
Kenny

Next

Return to Movie Reports