ADJUSTMENT BUREAU: First Kiss

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: ADJUSTMENT BUREAU: First Kiss

Postby riyadh » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:48 pm

I believe that love at first sight isn't true, basically because love is too deep to be a split second thing. Sure there may be very strong attractions at first sight that could lead to like, but true love cannot happen that simple. In my opinion love at first sight is just a combination of several attractive qualities, such as the right look and the personality type.

Teacher's Note: Thanks for a concise response. This post does an effective job of differentiating between infatuation and deep love. --mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :oops:
riyadh

Postby Madinka243 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:26 pm

I do not believe in love at the first sight. Maybe because it has never happened to me. In my case, when I met my husband for the first time I had never thought that I would marry him. I needed some time to realize that I had fallen in love with him and want to be with him whole my life. I think when people just get together, they can only start to like each other and enjoy the time which they spend together, but it is really far from true LOVE. At the beginning of relationships young people idealize their new partner, but after a while they understand that he or she is not who they are looking for. So, in my opinion, there is no true love at the first sight.

Teacher's Note: What a cool real-life story. I think your experience is typical of most, but not all. IMHO there are many ways to experience love, and sometimes it happens so fast it sweeps people off their feet. This is what happened in The Adjustment Bureau. Thanks for posting. Great writing skill, by the way. --mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :P
Madinka243

Postby jy03429184 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:57 am

This is belong [This belongs] to Adam. I don't belive the "Love at the first sight", as you know in movie or TV program Love at the first sight [is] just way of arts, just express the character relationship. In our real life when you meet a girl first time can you say "I love you"? Okay if she accepts this love, i just want to know how to keep or continue this love. You don't know anything about each other . So from my point [of view,] love at the first sight is impossible in human's life :lol: :lol:

Teacher's Note: Cool post, Adam. Most previous posters agree with this opinion based on practical reasons or from experience. However . . . a few are of the faith that YES, LAFS is possible. Please see above for a couple GPS adjustments. Glad to have you on board.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :D
jy03429184

Postby Majed-f » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:20 pm

In my view, love at first sight is something exaggerated.We see that only in the movies and love stories.There may be impressive, interesting, affinity, but any person who gets to the stage of love needs to be more than just a sight.Love needs a deep knowledge and understanding of the personality of the other.Requires patience to get to the stage of complete satisfaction.Love is not something easy to consist of just sights, because it means superficial relationship and dependence on the shape and outer beauty only. ;)

Teacher's Note: Like a number of previous posts, this contribution to the discussion implies that "first sight"refers only to physical attraction. I guess this is a valid way to interpret the meaning, and as such, I agree completely that true and lasting love probably will not derive from "just one look" (another famous saying, and a song).

However, I feel that "first sight" implies more than what the eyes see. I think it has to do with how humans seem capable of measuring and even judging our sense of each other very quickly. Don't you think that men do this to men when they first meet? It's a kind of competition. We always talk of "making a good first impression". Unfortunately, we get "first sight" wrong much of the time, and our assessment of the other turns out to be only a physical impulse. The truth lies in the high divorce rate in America. So I'm just saying that IMHO, love at first sight can happen, but, as we also say in America, "Buyer beware." Thanks for a nice post.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :oops:
Majed-f

Postby swisscoop123 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 am

I think the first glance is long enough for two people to fall into love. In the movie, the two talk and kiss at their very first meet is reasonable. For me I think love is just one of the most strong feeling that can make two people want to hold each other, kiss each other, and be together longer. But on the other hand, love never lies. At the time you feel love, that's real love; and once you can not feel it anymore, you really don't love anymore. So love is easy, because you don't need to prepare it for a long time; and love is also difficult, because you can never pretend you love when you actually don't. Love is like an igniter, it starts your "want" of spending you whole life with the person, but I don't think love is also the gasoline which keeps your life car running. Love is important, but not the only important thing, hope that David hadn't chosen wrong except he valued love the most.

Teacher's Note: This author took a while to post, but it was worth the wait. What an insightful comprehensive observation on "a thing called love." Until now, I never thought of love as gasoline. Thanks for that image. And thanks for sharing your ideas. . .

--mike :arrow:www.moviesgrowenglish.com :geek:
swisscoop123

Postby acostaba » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:57 am

Love at first sight may truth but they may be a mistake. We may get attracted by the appearance of the person and it may lead us to a false relationship. You never know if you will fall in love at first sight, but you make sure that it is really what you want.
acostaba

Postby Gus » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:13 am

I think that there are many ways to fall in love. In this scene we can see that for a short period of time, they felt really comfortable with each point, because the talking was starting to be more personal. Adding to this, David starts to feel so connected in a point that he jokes if she knows her before. And by the reaction of David after the kiss, it is clear how special was the kiss.
Gus

Postby happyxiaolu » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:13 am

First, the man looks handsome and the woman looks beautiful and elegant.This is the most important element that they have a crush with each other. Second, they share similar experience because they all have crashed weddings.Third,the man feels disappointed at this time and the women comforts him. It is really helpful and the man appreciate her soft comforts.Finally, their romance occurs at a special time and location. The hidden but amorous atmosphere accelerates their urge to fall in love and kiss with each other.
happyxiaolu

Postby davidlu0517 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:15 am

In my opinion, I think they kissed five minutes after they met because they fell in love with each other at the first sight. Love is such a magical thing that it happens when a man and a woman see each other for the first time. David and Elice had totally different background and weree both in trouble at that time. Love at first sight made them forget all terrible things around them. When they had the special feeling to each other, they kissed.

Baili Lu
davidlu0517

Postby khaliid » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:19 am

David and Elise were able to fall in love quickly because he was in bad satution and he was talking to him self and she showed up so he found someone to talk with. she came up with some jock that made him lough and he seems like he knew her before from the way she talked to him. She crashed a wedding as he did before so they have nothing in common and she give him suggestion about what should he do when he lose.I think sometimes you fall in love from the first moment you see the other person and this is something out of your control.
khaliid

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports