[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - NEW MOVIE REPORTS * * * * * *

NEW MOVIE REPORTS * * * * * *

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: NEW MOVIE REPORTS

Postby arthur01832 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:16 pm

<Bridge of Spies>

Setup: Last Saturday, my partner (Abdulellah) and I went to ARCLIGHT Cinemas, located at Culver City, to see this movie. Back to the A.D. 1975, the height time of Cold War, people were so sensitive that they didn’t trust each other. Especially, when FBI captured the Saliva spy - Rudolf Abel, people would like to see this guy died. But James B. Donovan (acted by Tom Hank), as Abel’s defense lawyer, suggested the Judge not to do this. “It is possible,” Donovan said in court, “that in the foreseeable future an American of equivalent rank will be captured by Soviet Russia or an ally; at such time an exchange of prisoners through diplomatic channels could be considered to be in the best national interests of the United States.” YAP! Donovan was right! In few days later, the American Pilot - Francis Gary Powers – was shoot by the Saliva Russia while he was on his duty capturing the information of Russia with his U2 spy plane. James B. Donovan had no choice but to intervene the unofficial negation task: SWAPING two spies. This is the most brilliant part to see how Donovan negotiated with Russia ambassador and East Berlin lawyer. Let’s go to see this movie!!!

Opinion: When Rudolf Abel gave the word - standing man- to James B. Donovan, I was shocked. Standing man is the person who has his belief. For James B. Donovan, the only interest is the law. Everyone deserves his/her right. This movie inspires me to stand up my faith. For me, I am thinking of creating new technology to help people on automatic vehicle. I do really love this movie. Hope you enjoy watching this movie!!

BridgeOfSpies.jpg
BridgeOfSpies.jpg (140.22 KiB) Viewed 2919 times
arthur01832

Re: NEW MOVIE REPORTS

Postby maikuu » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:41 am

maikuu
Site Admin

London Has Fallen

Postby arkay » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:32 pm

Aamir Barkawi (Alon Aboutboul) after lost your family, because of whole word’s leaders; he wants to get his family revenge. Barakawi chose the British Prime Minister funeral, who died with a lot of suspicion. The movie’s main character Mike Banning (Gerard Butler), who is the US President’s special security, try to save President’s (Aaron Eckhart) life.

I would like to write more summery for the movie, but the topic is too weak. Movie's cast is really perfect, I like Gerard Butler and Morgan Freeman but like I said, story is not enough for a good movie. IMBD grade is 6.3, just waste of time. If you can not find any movie for spend your free time, you can watch it.
arkay

The Revenant

Postby Catchen » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:12 pm

This movie describes a man named Glass is a one of the hunting team member. Once, When the team went outside to search for food, a bear attacked him. He had a very serious injury and almost die. So he left for dead by members of his own hunting team. Also, one of this team member killed his son. In order to survive and revenge, Glass endured some unimaginable experiences. He need to navigate a freezing winter and was pursued by other enemy. In the end, because of his strong belief, he eventually achieved his goal.

I would like to talk about two main things: the actor's performance especially Leonardo and the shot scene of this movie. First, one impressive Leonardo’s performance in this movie is “crawl”.as early as his movie<he wolf of wall street> he had already used this “crawl”,because of having too much drags, he crawls from the inside of the house to outside. His performance was so exaggerated that I felt not real. This time he used crawl again, but he showed his pain appropriately. So I think his performance was very realistic and natural, that’s why he can be awarded the best actor.Secondly, I love the shoot scene of this movie. This movie is like a documentary film. It truly shows the bloody conflict between the tribe and outsiders.The shooting method was so real that I feel I was in this movie. They make this film at natural landscape. So most of the snow scenes look like a photography. By using some full-view shoots, the director wanted to express the nature which is irresistible. Also the director like using long shoot which can tell the story fluently. For example, in one minute, the shoot that Glass crawled from grave was not cut, reflecting the Glass’ pain realistically.
My five words: pelt,rotten,revenant,savage,I ain't afraid to die anymore.
Catchen

Brooklyn

Postby sunny » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:26 am

Set up : This movie is set in the 1950s. Elils Lacey is an Irish girl. She works at a shop. Eilis’s older sister Rose arranges for her to go to Brooklyn for a better life. She lives at an Irish boarding house, and also has a job at a department store, but she suffers from homesickness. So, Father Flood tries to help her and enroll in bookkeeping classes. Then one day, Elils meets Tony at a dance party, and they become lovers quickly. She has found a new lease on life. However, she heard about Rose’s sudden death, so she decides to visit home. Tony proposes to her, and insists that they should get married before going back to Ireland. They’re married secretly. She goes back to Ireland, and she spends some quality time. She meets Jim who is a very rich and nice guy. She is shaken, and she begins to ignore Tony’s letter.

Opinion : This movie is a combination of the new life that immigrants make for themselves in the U.S. and the old lives they left behind in their homeland. However, it does not only focus on immigration problems simply, but also is about growing up; the period of changing from a girl to an adult. That’s the reason “Brooklyn” is so appealing. Especially, her costume shows a change of her mind. Her social status went up, and personality got brighter. It was fun to see her on-going changes in both her attitude and apperarance.
sunny

Zootopia

Postby grace1004 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:28 am

Zootopia is an animated movie. Zootopia is taken from(zoo)and(utopia). The movie is talking about a bunny(Judy hopps)who wants to be a police officer in zootopia since she was a child, And that is almost impossible for a bunny, But she worked hard to achieve her dream. She graduated top of her class and achieve her dream to become a police officer in zootopia. In zootopia, she was assigned to parking duty, But she felt disappointed Because she thought that she can work in bigger cases. During her parking duty, someone stole a bag from a man, she started to chase him, she catches him but her boss was angry because she left her parking duty, And she made a big chaos in the streets. One day she was going to her boss office, she saw a woman was crying and asking to found her kidnapped husband, Judy volunteered to help to find him, Her boss gave her 48 hours to find him or get fired. Judy found a tricky fox(Nick) and asked him either to help her find the kidnapped man or she will arrest him! After a long time, they became friends
and the succeeded to find the kidnapped, but he became savage (the kidnapped )! Judy and nick thought that savageness is not in predators biology, they thought that there is someone makes some animals savages! They started to work in this case.

Zootopia is an amazing movie with a complete story. And this movie talks about minorities and prejudice. I think that herbivores are nice all the time. And I think that predators are bad in unconditional. But, I realized after watching the movie, I felt that I had a wrong thinking. Maybe, I might and judge people by my standards. I will give respect all people without prejudice. It's I recommend you to see it. It's good for children and adults, so it's good for the family. The movie has a great story ,funny and emotional. Go and watch it!!! :)
grace1004

10 CLOVERFIELD LANE

Postby Saud123 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:19 pm

10 CLOVERFIELD LANE is great movie because it has a new story. The cast of the movie is Mary Elizabeth and John Goodman and John Gallagher. The movie is talking about stranger story, that there is girl was driving the car and she got accident and she woke up she was at a scary room and where is a locked on her leg. After that, she tried to break the locked, but she fail. Someone his name Howard came to her and told her that there is something wrong in outside and he said l helped you because you will die if you left.

She asked him about her family but he said all the people who are living in US they are dead. She did not believe him and she tried to burn the room, but she fail also.
The guy asked her to come with him and he showed her the window and she saw some pigs were dead by bad way. She decided to live with but she was still does not believe him.
They are living in subway in the ground. She was thinking about the guy and why she did not believe him. One day she tried to get his keys because she want to go to outside and see what happened and also she want to see her family. She stole the keys and she hit hit him and ran away to the door and she saw something strange.

We liked the movie because it has own idea. The actors were awesome. Also we did not believe the guy but we saw something else and was great.
- Saud Alazemi
- Pelin Aydin
Saud123

Allegiant

Postby jiaze » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:00 pm

DIRECTOR: Robert Schwentke
STARRING: Shailene Woodley portray Beatrice Tris Prior, Theo James portray Four, Ansel Elgort portray Caleb Prior, Naomi Watts portray Evelyn, Jae Hitch portray Dauntless Rebel, Jeff daniels portray Daivd.
It is an action, affectional, science fiction film. When Beatrice and Four upset Jeanine's plane they through the walls of Chicago with colleagues , but they discovered a greater conspiracy in the outside world.
When they escaped to the outside world they thought this place was them new home, Daivd gave them new clothes, foods and taught them how to use the new weapon.
But the story's climax was coming. Because the researches as genetically pure populations they can saw more secrets. With the disclosure of experimental facts Prior betrayed his partner. And the wars were coming, Daivd wanted to kill everyone with toxic gases. But Beatrice destroyed the machine with her colleagues .
Then the movie was end, Beatrice and Four had a long kiss.

I think it is really boring, without outstanding story. It look like other bored films and the science fiction film's technology are very low. The director is wasting one hundred million dollars and this movie is wasting our money and time too
jiaze

Previous

Return to Movie Reports