NEW MOVIE REPORTS * * * * * *

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: NEW MOVIE REPORTS

Postby wangjunkai » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:46 pm

the judge
Hank is a lawyer in Chicago. When he deal with a case he got a call, his mother was gone, he stop his case and went back to see his judge father. His father is a village judge working for 42 years. He has a bad relationship with his father because he followed his father’s road and his father too control. He went back and entered his mother funeral. When he ready to go he found blood on his father’s car. The police come to his home and charge his father murder who is judged by his father.
His father has a very bad lawyer who asked stupid questions and then he supported lawyer to help his father. The problem is they got a video about his father met the died people in the market, and then his drive away, several minutes later he back. His father got cancer he forget the whole memory just a piece of. he agree with that because his professional ethics. His son use his cancer and memory lost to fix this case, in the end his father in the jail for several months and out.
In the movie his father and he all is good. His father want to give him suggest to go to right way.and hank want go his own way.no one made mistake.
Attachments
Bruce.jpg
Bruce.jpg (304.86 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
wangjunkai

Re: NEW MOVIE REPORTS (Mike)

Postby Emiko Matsumoto » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:31 pm

The Maze Runner

This movie is action and mystery movie and director is Wes Ball. Hero of this movie is Thomas. When he waked up, he trapped in a big maze surrounded by big wall. Many young boys live in this place. They try to find a way to escape, but nobody can escape from the big maze. One day, suddenly, one girl arrived here like them, and she has strange note. This is a hint to escape from the big maze, so their world begins to change. Then, Thomas and other companions try to escape with overcoming some trials.

I really enjoyed watching this movie because I could experience amazing world. Also I felt thrill and was impressed strong relationship between companions. I recommend you to watch this movie.
Attachments
Emiko.jpg
Emiko.jpg (317.96 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
Emiko Matsumoto

Postby Hikari » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:07 pm

<Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day>
Directed by Miguel Arteta

Alexander is a 11 years old boy. He experiences the most terrible and horrible day of his life. A day begins with gum stuck in his hair. At the day, many bad things happen to him and he begins wonder if bad things only happen to him. However, next day his birthday, bad things also happen to all his family, so he soon learns that he is not alone. In this film, we can see Alexander is becoming stronger and the love of this family is becoming deeper through bad experiences. Most people may experienced bad days, however we can love happy days thanks to bad days.

In my opinion, before watching this movie, I thought this movie is a just comedy and funny movie. However of course it wa really really funny but i felt family love and I was encouraged by Alexander and his family. Although I also have experienced bad days, I always become just disappointed. I want to try not to be just disappointed but to get something good from bad things. I could really enjoyed this movie :lol:
Attachments
Hikari.JPG
Hikari.JPG (278.68 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
Hikari

Postby psh1219 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:19 pm

Dracula Untold

Vlad, who was called 'Dracura', was a prince of Transilvania. He has reigned his country peacefully until Sultan of Turk demanded 1000 boys for his army including Vlad's son. Because Vlad loved his family and country very much, he rejected Sultan's demands and killed ambassadors. Sultan was angry and invaded Transilvania with large army. Vlad didn't have enough army to protect his country. So he traveled to find a legendary demon, Master Vampire. Vlad made a deal with the vampire to get supernatural power. Finally, Vlad turned into a vampire, acquired the power for 3 days and also got insatiable thirsty to human blood. He could return to human after 3days if he could endure thirsty and didn't drink human blood. Then he came back his country...

Before this movie released, there were many horror movies about dracula. But this movie was not a horror, but an action, drama, fantasy movie. This movie was about the origin of dracula and highlighted dracula's humanity. He loved his wife, son and his country so he had no choice but to be a monster. It provided a different point of view about dracula. In addition, the action scene and the computer graphics were excellent. Especially, the scene that dracula defeted Sultan's numerous army in a valley was great. So I highly recommend this movie~!!
Attachments
SangHee.jpg
SangHee.jpg (315.06 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
psh1219

Postby Yoshika » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

This movie was released by Walt Disney Picture.
Main character is Alexander. He is 11 years old. This story focuses on the day before his birthday and his birthday. However, that day becomes very aweful day for his family. His birthday started that all of his family overslept. His mother cannot her car and makes a mistake at her publication company. And Alexander's sister, Emily has a bad cold. Moreover, his brother Anthony breaks up with his girlfriend. Despite his birthday, unlucky things happens in one after another. While such these things are happening, Alexander can feel love for his family.

In my opinion, I like this movie and recommend to watch. While unlucky things were happening, each person felt annoying. But everyone supported each other. So I could feel warmth and bond of family. Also, this movie is comedy, I really enjoyed. I learned the importance of the family through this movie!
Attachments
Yoshika.jpg
Yoshika.jpg (264.82 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
Yoshika

Postby Faisal alenazi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:44 pm

:evil: ANNABELLE 2014 :evil:

An old story dating back to the nineties, which is that there are two girls allege the existence of an evil spirit at home ...
Spin the events of this film is about an evil spirit that lives in a doll that exclamation point by the women and her husband, and from here begins the evil spirit in the burning of the house and run Maker sewing to sow terror in the house ... but it comes out people from Satanists and want to kill the woman and her husband and took the doll .. but the man succeeds in defending his wife pregnant and the police come to save the situation ..
After months of the incident with his wife, the man moves into a new house and getting rid of the doll in the trash ...
But the surprise she remained with them and moved to the new house, but this time you want to kill the baby ...
And make sure the man claims his wife and father to help them attend the women come and ask for help from their neighbor to help it save her daughter from the evil spirit, which was only wants to kill someone, but away from the house and got her what you want ...
To start a new life and family away from the evil spirit has sold the doll to replace the old tools ....

:o :o :evil: :evil:

I think it's the new films I've seen this week, and the large turnout of viewers this means that the film carries an old story and beautiful from the horror and surprises which are worth seeing...
What I liked the movie more faith in life and death for the cause of reviving someone else and more shots were attention-grabbing and you can not preoccupied Abeche other than viewing....
Attachments
Faisal.jpg
Faisal.jpg (391.25 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
Faisal alenazi

Postby Koichi Shimizu » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:23 am

Koichi Shimizu

--- The Equalizer ---

This movie was released at September 26. Therefore, it is a one of quite new movies in the United States. The lead character is “Robert McCall” which is rolled by Denzel Washington. Cloe Grace Moritz rolls “Teri” as a Heroine of this movie. She became a popular actress with Kick Ass 1 (2010) & 2 (2013). Marton Csokas is on the movie as a notorious part, “Teddy”.
Directer of this movie, Antonie Fuqua, has made “Olympus has Fallen” (2013) or “the Shooter” (2006) besides “The Equalizer”. These are his relatively representative works.

Next, there are 5 expressions below which were covered in my past presentation.
Judge a book by its cover
This means to judge someone only by looking. For example, Robert used to be a once-time investigator of CIA. However, he currently works at a home center at daytime. Therefore people tend to judge a book by its cover, even he was very strong.
Run into someone
Run into someone means to meet by chance or an accident. Through a working experience at CIA, Robert can not sleep so well at night that reading in Cafe at midnight has been his habit. One day he went to the cafe at night to read a novel. He runs there into a girl, Teri. During getting know each other, he decided to overthrow the Russian Mafia which hurts her.
Have an affinity
This phrase is to have an affection for someone. Teri has had an affinity with Robert while they were talking every night at Cafe.
Turn over a new leaf
It means to restart something. Because Robert made a big effort to help her, Teri was able to turn over a new leaf.
I am blown away
This phrase is to be moved or be impressed by something. I am sure that many people are blown away every time after a movie.

Conclusion.
From 24,519 users of IMDb, it was gotten 7.5 / 10 as a rating to the movie. It seems to me this rating is quite acceptable. As Mike mentioned in the class, this number is relative high. I recommend you to watch the movie.

Thank you.

Koichi Shimizu
Attachments
Koichi.JPG
Koichi.JPG (257.33 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
Koichi Shimizu

Postby Medina » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Dracula untold
Dracula is one of the most famous literary characters of all the time. So what can stay untold?
Let's talk about the main character - Dracula, starring Luke Evans, Vlad the impaler, the Slavic prince disreputable for for his acts of brutality on the battlefield. Vlad is noble man, adored by his family and citizens. Suddenly, demands of the Turks become unreasonable and wanton, constrains Dracula to make a terrible pact with a master vampire. The gist of deal is : Vlad will recurve supernatural power to save his citizens and family, and will return to normal in three days, as long as he can resist the urge to drink Humans Blood. He turns from son of the Dragon, who can kill 1K warriors by himself, to son of the Devil and got the power to kill 10K strong army. In a film we see Dracula as a careful father and husband, and smart prince, who wants to protect his people and save his kingdom. But... Sometimes the world doesn't need Heroes; it needs Monsters!
Actors cast:
Luke Evans > Vlad third (Dracula)
Sarah Gadon> Mirena/Mina(wife)
Dominic Cooper> Mehmed second (antagonist)
Art Parkinson> Ingeras (son)
Charles Dance> Master Vampire

Budget $70.000.000
World box office $86.114.615
Directed by: Gary Shore
Based on: Dracula by Bram Stocker

I highly recommend this movie to you, I enjoyed watching it! And I hope you will too !)
Have a good time !

Medina :)
Attachments
Medina.jpg
Medina.jpg (272.11 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
Medina

Postby YuichiYamazaki » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Setup
Nick and Amy are married couple in New York City. The relationship was going very well. However, Amy disappeared in the day of 5th wedding anniversary. She was literally gone girl. Nick tried to search where she is and why she is gone. However, as police investigated this incidents, they found a lot of evidences which show he killed her. So, he was suspected as a murder. However, this story does not finish just as mystery. The unbelievable story await you!

Opinion
When the movie ended, I got goose bumps. Because this movie is so elaborate. Some factors are intertwined artfully. So, you will be stunned when you watch this film until the very last. This movie makes you think about love. I thought there is a difference between really loving someone and loving the idea of her. And if I fall in love with someone, I would like to build symbiotic relationship.

Conclusion
I highly recommend this move and give it 4 stars ★★★★. Because this story was so exciting that I could not take my eyes away from the screen. And this film also made me think about life and love. I think one of theme is that there is a difference between really loving someone and loving the idea of someone. I cannot write anymore about story. So, if you want to know the end of this movie, you should go to Movie Theater and watch Gone Girl!

Yuichi

Yuichi
Attachments
Yuichi.jpg
Yuichi.jpg (202.84 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
YuichiYamazaki

Postby Hasan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:43 pm

The Maze Runner
The movie is about a young boy wakes up in strange place surrounded by walls, and has no memory of who he is . In this place when he wakes up he found him self surrounded by 30 teenagers which they have the same issue. Every 30 days new boy arrives. This place called the Glade which is very dangerous place to live in, especially at night. The walls open up to a maze but close at night and are filled with scary creatures called the grievers, their stings bring back memories. One day a girl arrives with a strange note and their world begins to change.

In my opinion the movie was very exciting. And has a lot of adventurous and action. I always was waiting to see what happens next. Highly recommended!!
Attachments
Hasan.jpg
Hasan.jpg (211.14 KiB) Viewed 2795 times
Hasan

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports