[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - NEW MOVIE REPORTS * * * * * *

NEW MOVIE REPORTS * * * * * *

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: NEW MOVIE REPORTS (Mike)

Postby YRAMM » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:50 pm

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

This movie is about family and happiness. This movie is comprised of two days. The first day, Alexander, a main role of this movie, had very bad, terrible day. Although, even he felt unhappy, his family didn’t understand him because they are happy. Therefore, Alexander wished that his family get unhappy. Then, next day, every his family member got a lot of bad things from morning as if alexander’s wish came true. In contrast, Alexander got some good things. Alexander felt sorry because he wished their unhappiness and he apologized his family and of course, his family never blame him. Gradually, his family got along each other and finally, their family looked happy family.

In my opinion, I don’t like this movie. If just read my summary of the movie content, it sounds good movie, but this movie made me uncomfortable. I don’t recommend to watch this movie because of two reasons.

First, this movie is too short to express family and life. This movie has only 81 minutes and comprises first day and second day. The problem is second day. In the second day, something happened to the family and gradually got along with each other. This term is too short. I don’t understand why they feel so happy with family. Some people may say, ‘because they are family’, but even so, I need to see in the movie why. In other words, the family don’t look like really happy, just temporary.

Second, there is no strong impression that the happiness will continue. In the movie, at the first day, Alexander had a terrible day and looked very unhappy. His face is perfectly unhappy boy. I praise that he totally played as unhappy boy. Alexander is just a boy who suits unhappiness. In addition, he is so pessimistic and perverse. Because of his this characteristic, audience feel that it seems that he cannot get happiness forever. This is because why I felt uncomfortable in the first part of movie. In other words, I was worried that this movie had happy end. In the second day, Alexander gradually feel happy with his family, but I felt strange because he looked happy. Moreover, I wonder what made him change. There is no strong impression to change him, so my strong image that he should be unhappy felt me strange. Alexander looked happy, but if some bad things happen, he will feel unhappy as same as the first day. I didn’t find any expression or impression that this happiness will continue. In fact, about 50 percent of family divorce in America. This data shows how unstable the happiness of family is. I wanted to see strong expression or feeling in this movie to show this happiness is important and will continue.

In conclusion, this movie has good story and good message about family, but because it is short and there is no strong impression, the message became weak. If I make this movie, I add a big event that makes family change. I don’t recommend to watch this movie and give 1.2 stars to this movie.
Attachments
Reo.jpg
Reo.jpg (254.63 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
YRAMM

Re: NEW MOVIE REPORTS

Postby maikuu » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:56 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Postby Husain ALmusailekh » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:26 pm

The story is about Ven Deisel bieng a witch hunter. He got cursed by a witch and the curse gave him an immortal life, The witch plan is to wipe humanity from earth, so Kaulder (Vin Diesel) job is to stop the queen from doing that, and Kaulder he is the only one can defeat her. the film is an American Dark action movie, the film was directed by Breck Eisner.

Our opinion this film is very good, but not that great, because the some scenes are boring and also the act is not in a great level, it feels like they are talking to the camera not acting. the mean thing we didn't like is the darkness in the film, its like 60% of the film is dark, however, there is also some good scenes in the film, one of them is the soundtrack, the soundtrack get you very excited and energetic, the other things is the quality of the film, the was so clean, it can make you feel you are in :geek: side the film.

Thank you for reading and i hope it helped you to know what the film all about :D .

LastWitchHunter.jpg
LastWitchHunter.jpg (206.68 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
Last edited by Husain ALmusailekh on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Husain ALmusailekh

Postby hhyoon » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:18 pm

James Bond is back!
On a mission in Mexico City, James Bond gets an octopus ring after the assassination. The ring was an emblem of the criminal organization, Spectre. And, Bond finds out that C, who is in the midst of a power struggle, is a part of Spectre's plot. He wants to create the "Nine Eyes" system instead of '00' section in the process. It will make Spectre become unstoppable. Bond tries to stop the Spectre with Dr. Madeline Swann, who is Mr. White's daughter...

Opinion:
The movie was not bad and the picture was really good. But, I think the story is just too simple and not good enough. It is a kind of movie that very easy to predict even before you watch this movie.

But, there is still a big advantage because of its easy story. Sometimes, for us who still learning English, we cannot understand well the conversation and details inside the movie without subtitles. But when you are watching 007:SPECTRE, even you miss some information, it is still not difficult to understand the whole story. So it is a really good movie to practice and improve your listening skill. I recommend you to watch it and enjoy it.

SpectreJamesBond.jpg
SpectreJamesBond.jpg (184.32 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
hhyoon

Postby Eng.Abdullah » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:43 pm

Burnt (2015)

Burnt is a 2015 American comedy-drama film directed by John Wells and written by Steven Knight from a story by Michael Kalesniko. The film stars are Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller, and Daniel Brühl. The film was released on October 30, 2015 by The Weinstein Company.

The movie shows how the European people care about the way of food serving. In addition, Adam Jones, who is a great chef has destroyed his career because of using the drugs. Furthermore, before he fell in the drugs, he used to run the best restaurant in Paris for three years. Because the kitchen is the only place he ever felt like he has belonged, he wanted to run the best restaurant in the world. Therefore, he cleaned up and returned to London to lead a restaurant that can achieve an annual reward called Michelin. For this reason, he was trying to work in Tony’s restaurant which already have a chef named Helene. Since that, he had an issue by taking her position. However, Tony could solve this issue by make Adam a chef and Helene as a vice chef. Although he had a great time, drug dealers were chase him. Then, the story continues how Adam deals with his issues.

We enjoyed the movie, we learned quite a bit about restaurants, and professional kitchen, and how the perfect dishes should be served, so it’s one of the hardest jobs. Also, the film shows in the best way and exactly the life of a chef. Furthermore, it shows the process of your dish once you order it till you get it. In our perspective, it was not clear from the beginning and it kept us guessing at first because there is no explanation of Adam's situation, and since the movie is a drama/comedy we do not see how it was a comedy. Although there were some funny things in some scenes, this movie seemed more like a Drama. In addition, this film is very similar to one that named Chef and released in (2014) Anyway, Bradley Cooper did a good job especially with dealing with other cookers, he showed a real feeling toward his staff. Finally, this movie was not all bad, but we will not remember it as one of the best movies of 2015. Therefore, I don’t recommend it for you guys, unless you have interests in cooking or serving foods, however, Yutaru has one more point which is Adam shows how he deals with others. For this reason, he recommends you guys to watch it.

Burnt.jpg
Burnt.jpg (145.51 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
Eng.Abdullah

Postby Kazu_taka » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:05 pm

"Maze Runner: Scorch Trials" is epsode 2 of Maze Runner series. Soon after Thomas and his friends survived Maze, they are taken to a facility run by Mr. Janson. He explains that the facility is a safe heaven, protecting them from WCKD (organization that is trying to find immune), the Flare virus and the Cranks (those who were infected by Flare virus), and provides them clothes, food, and sanitation, where other survivors of multiple mazes are also present. Thomas becomes curious about their activities and manages to find out what is really happening behind the closed doors. With help from Aris Jones, the first survivors to end up in the facility, Thomas knows secrets of this facility. Then, Thomas and his friends try to escape from the facility and find their supporters who fight against WCKD in the outside world- the Scorch.

Our opinions were totally opposite. One thought that this movie is good because of a few points. Firstly, the director get more experience Wes Ball's background is in animation and effects. Secondly,it is better text and screenplay. Lastly, they spend more budget than epsode 1.

Another thought that this movie is bad. Firstly, there are too much similar action scene. Almost same incidents happens to Thomas in the movie many times. It makes those who watch guess what will happen next easily. Besides, characters do not have features and cannot be distinguished because of lack of opportunities to speak in the story.

MazeRunner2.jpg
MazeRunner2.jpg (184.35 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
Kazu_taka

Postby thamer515 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:18 am

In Mexico, sicario means hitman.
The main place for this movie is in the lawless border area stretching between the U.S. and Mexico. An idealistic FBI agent (Emily Blunt) joins two shadowy government operatives (John Brolin and Benicio Del Toro) in a high-risk, cross-border sting against a Mexican cartel boss, in this gritty drug-war thriller from Quebec’s Denis Villeneuve.
This movie won the supporting actor of the year his name is Benicio Del Toro, and now the director whose name is Denis Villeneuve nominated the award.

In our opinion, this movie was a little bit serious and difficult for me, but kind of this issue like drug trafficker happens all over the world, so I hope kind of this movie helps to decrease the number of the problems. So though difficult for me, I recommend you to watch it.

Sicario.jpg
Sicario.jpg (99.8 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
thamer515

Postby Ahmed23 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:54 am

The movie name is : The martian

The movie tells the story of how the main character struggles to survive on Mars and how the space agencies work to get them back. But I was missing the emotions, the human touch. The main character never displays any signs of loneliness, despair or fear. He is more like "oh, looks like I'm stuck on Mars, let's grow potatoes".but it still great at the photography,apecial effect ,and those "disco musics"

the movie is excelent 7/7 !!!
i strongly recommend to watch the movie it's awsome !!!

Martian.jpg
Martian.jpg (157.6 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
Last edited by Ahmed23 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ahmed23

Postby young » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:38 am

The Peanuts Movie

Story: This movie is about a lot of cute children's growth story. Especially, we would like to focus on two love story. One is about Charlie Brown's and the other is about Snoopy's. First, Charlie Brown makes a various effort to get a red-haired girl's mind, such as dancing, writing an essay and keeping her pencil. However, Charlie Brown is very shy and don't have a confidence about himself, so it is hard for him to have a courage to talk with her. One day, Charlie Brown gets a popularity from friends because he was known to get a 100 scores at the test even though this score is another student's score. In the end, Charlie Brown decides to be honest although everyone except him doesn't know the truth. Ironically, thanks to this attitude, the red-haired girl begin to like Charlie Brown. Second, Snoopy falls in love with stylish poodle, her name is FiFi, in his imaginary adventure. However, an anonymous enemy takes FiFi, so Snoopy tries to save her despite of failures. He says to audience, "Never give up". Finally, Snoopy can save FiFi after several trials.

Opinions: Even though this movie is an animation made for children, it is also good for adults. This is because there are many lessons for adults, such as to be honest is the best way or to keep try and never give up. Actually, a lot of people often lie to be shown as a better person. Also, when people meet difficulities or crisies in front of their love or life, many people are frustrated or give up. However, we often know that these challeges aren't crises, but rather opportunities. In case of Charlie Brown and Snoopy, when they successfully overcome their difficulities by their own way, they can make their dreams come true.

Peanuts.jpg
Peanuts.jpg (172.93 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
young

Re: comments about Crimson peak

Postby neotinne » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:36 pm

Last week, my partner and me( NAJI&NEO) went to regale theatre, watching a Gothic Romance Film. The whole story told us an inventor, Thomas, who had married 3 wealthy women for their money, were attracted with Edith Cushing, a young daughter of wealthy businessman Cater Cushing. After their marrying, Edith gradually find the dark secrets of the Tomas and his sister who fall in love with his brother and then born a ill baby. In the end, Due to Thomas's sister, Lucille, mental disorder, Edith was risky of being dead. Under the help of the ghost, Edith escape the mansion.

Opinions: It's a movie that talk about love and sacrifice. We can find lots of dark sides of human beings, which were presented under the form of ghosts. While at the end of the movie, the main character was aided by the man who supposed not to love her. It's the best part of this movie.

The whole movie is full of the feeling of ancient England, which is called Gothic. The building at that time can devote us to the context of the story, while we are watching the movie. Great pictures and great audios.

CrimsonPeak.jpg
CrimsonPeak.jpg (156.41 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
neotinne

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports