CHEF

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: CHEF

Postby lucasliu » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:35 am

Caspers loves his job which is cooking food for people. Even though he should have spent time with his son,what he did is go to the market to choose material of food. However, he still lost his job because he had a fight with the owner of restaurant. He felt depressed, but his ex-wife give him some advice to help him find what he really enjoying which was cooking food on the truck. He achieve more success than before. So it bring[s] me to think that what is the real success in our life? Many chefs' dream is cooking food at the luxury restaurant. He did, but he is not happy in there. The food truck is not the real restaurant, but he had a very good time in there.

when he spent time in the road journey, his relationship with Percy become closer. He found his son use his cellphone to help his business,and Percy had chance to work with his father, which his father refused him before. I like Tony [Martin?] best. He is a funny guy, and he went to the Miami to find Casper when he had a chance to get promotion.I respect he can much for his friends. I enjoyed this movie. when i watched this movies, i always feel hungry and want to pick the food from the screen. there was lots of latin or cuba music make me feel relax and comfortable.Happy ending is great!

Teacher's note: Glad you loved the movie. I like the part about the meaning of happiness. Not always where you think it is. John Leguizamo, who plays Martin is a rather prolific actor although not so well known. His IMDb page is at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000491/?ref_=tt_cl_t2. So cool of you to post. Thanks, and I'll see you at Armando's food truck.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :x
lucasliu

Postby deh » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:57 am

The movie Chef has a beautiful message: we must do what we really love, only then we will be happy! I really believe that!!!

At the beginning of the film Casper is the Chef of a restaurant, but he can not makes your own creations. When he loses his job, your only alternative is to mount a food-truck, and that's what he ends up doing with the help of ex-wife, friend and son. Casper comes to approaching the child and the food-truck is very successful!

It's a very funny comedy! And the songs are also great!!! The only problem with this film is the strong desire to eat some those delicacies of he prepares!!! Gives very hungry!! :P :P :P

Teacher's note: Yeah, there is that problem about the call to hunger. At least it sets the mind on quality food. Come to think of it, this is the third film this session that has food as a theme. What are the other two? Thanks for a savory post.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :oops:
deh

Postby Ulan Korabay » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:57 am

Chef
Story about man for who cooking is more than just a work. It is his goal of life. He has a son who he can see sometimes and ex-wife. Son wants to spend more time with his father but father rejects him. When he is fired from the restaurant because of his behavior, he travels to Miami with his son and ex-wife.

There he brings a trailer to cook cubinian sandwiches. Traveling back to Los Angeles by trailer he became very popular. In the beginning he send “private” message by Tweeter to famous critic of food who at the and of the movie liked his new food and would like to start business with him. Relationships with his son now is much better because father allowed him to work with him on week ends.

Teacher's note: Thanks for a good summary. This actually glosses the entire movie but leaves out enough to make me want to watch it. Good work.

--mike :arrow:www.moviesgrowenglish.com :shock:
Ulan Korabay

Previous

Return to Movie Reports