RAT RACE

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: RAT RACE

Postby Molly » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:56 pm

I liked this comedy. Good jokes! Filmmakers tried to show the human greed funny by funny way. And at the end of the film they showed that people are capable of generosity and mercy.

While Sinclair and his gamblers wager on anything, even on how much a call girl is willing to charge for crazy demands. When they board a private jet, Sinclair even bets on which passenger will vomit first in turbulent conditions. I think in real life rich and stupid people behave similar. Good mockery of them!

Teacher's note: Concise and well written. I'm not sure how many viewers of "Rat Race" got the high-roller jokes like the one in the plane. This author noticed. Well done.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com 8-)
Molly

Postby hanadi » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:35 pm

I really like this movie , it has sense of humor . each character has special role which made the movie more interesting I was very excited to know how will gain the money , but nice end they ware so selfless .

Teacher's note: I'd love to know more about what this author thinks about "Rat Race". BTW, Spaces don't belong before periods (full stops) and commas. Spaces go after. So thrilled you like the movie and its humor. Selfless is a perfect word to describe the ending. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :roll:
hanadi

Postby amroalsanousi » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:31 pm

My favorite scene was when the race started every on was running to get the 2 Millions but bean after the running suddenly he slept during the race.

RAT RACE sent a very valuable massage to us. The massage is if some one gets 2 Million dollars the only one who will be happy is just a person who got the 2 Million dollars ,but if the person donates to other people who need the money and food and clothe that makes a lot of people happy. Also it can makes some people lives with this money because some of them need it.

RAT RACE was a very fantastic film i will see it one more time .

Teacher's note: I love the point this author makes about only the winner can be happy, but if you give the money away, all can be happy. Thanks for an insightful observation.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com 8-)
amroalsanousi

Postby KimBH » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:36 am

I love comedy movie[s]. This movie makes me laugh out loud. The best scene that make[s] me laugh is a woman who control a helicopter (I can't remeber her name) bothers his ex-boyfriend by her helicopter. This scene makes me laugh until now.

On the other hand, I am moved by the last scene that people who got the money donated their all of the money. Moreover, a guy who got the money makes the host who makes the race donate his money. It was really funny when I saw the host's face.

This movie makes me happy. Thank you!

Teacher's note: Donald Sinclair's face got really worried when he was put on the spot to donate matching money. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :lol:
KimBH

Postby Nurly » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Even though I just watched the end of the movie RAT RACE, I enjoyed and figured out what was going on. This comedy has a kind of 'qualitative' funny jokes.

I like [the] last scene when [the] finders of money donated [the] whole two million dollars. Their job was justified!!!

Thanks (*_*)

Teacher's note: Who could ask for a happier or more perfect ending? Thanks for a cool post.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :)
Nurly

Postby HarukaMaekawa » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Sorry for late post. I forgot to post it, although I liked this movie very much...

My most favorite characters in the movie are Duane and Blaine brothers. They sought 2 million with helping each other and doing silly things lol The scene which this brothers confirmed survival of both of them and cried each other was so cute and so funny...lol

"Rat Race" was full of funny scenes, but I was totally betrayed by this happy ending. This made my feeling full of happy!!

I want to recommend this movie to my friends. As Mike said before, I agrees that it is not so easy to find such a good movie which we can laugh so much and can become happy at the ends of movie.

Thank you.

Teacher's note: But at least we have "Rat Race" for the funniest feel-good movie of all time . . . maybe. Thanks for posting!

--mike :arrow:www.moviesgrowenglish.com :lol:
HarukaMaekawa

Postby deh » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:13 pm

“Rat Race” is a excellent comedy!!! First because they can do simple things get funny, and second it has a very good cast.

My favorite scene is when mother (Vera) and daughter steal the ultrasonic car!! They beat the speed record and out of the car badly, end up being confused with craziness. I laughed a lot!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The message of this film is still very current. People do anything to get easy money, without much effort. This happens a lot these days, especially in politics.

Teacher's note: I think the message of greed is universal, for all time. When I asked to choose a favorite scene, I must now admit that this is a trick question. How can there be one favorite scene? I like so many scenes in "Rat Race" for so many reasons, and the ending is purrr-fect. Thanks for a cool response.

--mike :arrow:www.moviesgrowenglish.com 8-)
deh

Postby Musaadinho » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:31 am

In fact, when I see Mr. Bean in any movie, I know it will be funny. He has a great talent in how make viewers laugh by using a few words or without talking.

My favorite funny moment is when he slept while opening the box. I thought he would win, but he didn't. :lol: The end of the movie is unexpected.

Rate Race has a beneficial message about human greed. It says in order to gain the money, the people might expose themselves to danger. In my opinion, it's true to a large extent, but it's not at all.

Teacher's note: I think this author means "It's not always true." And I agree, but not among these characters, and not among the behind-the-scene gamblers either. As for funny scenes, no one mentioned the scene where the gamblers are in the hotel betting on which house cleaner can hang the longest from the window sill. Oh, and there is the one where they are in the Lear jet, betting on who will puke first. I think there is a pretty strong message about gambling here. Thanks for mentioning the Bean.

--mike :arrow:www.moviesgrowenglish.com :oops:
Musaadinho

Previous

Return to Movie Reports