Bowling for Columbine: BRIEF HISTORY OF USA

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: Bowling for Columbine: BRIEF HISTORY OF USA

Postby Changkyu » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:47 am

After i see this movie, i think Michael Moore has negative bias of white peolple who was racism.
And he wants to let us know about brief history of USA. Such as origin of KKK and National Rifle Association.
Also, black people had their own rights and life. Same as another ethnic.
So Michael Moore wants to show us history of USA, and then he wants to change our adverse mind.
Finally we should not make a same mistake again like this sad history.
Changkyu

Postby Sara_alhejazi » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:53 am

This short movie talks about American history in very concise way. Which showed that a British group were treated cruelly in Britain, and they emigrated to America looking for safety. They found the Indians there and killed them. Also, kidnapped Africans to work free for them. after many years the African people were rebelling for their rights And the white people were afraid of rebellion Africans. They found some groups to protect them from the blacks and then all whites took up arms and became safely. It was 3 minutes, but it has too mush details.
Last edited by Sara_alhejazi on Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sara_alhejazi

Postby Emika Kanazawa » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:54 am

This movie is so short and English is fast. But I could loughly about American history. I think this movie tells us the true American history. For example, many Black people were persecuted and killed in the USA. I think opinion is in the last scene. In the last scene, MC said people are secure but they have guns. I think this means that even though they are safe and secure, they have guns so it could be dangerous.
Emika Kanazawa

Postby Sulttn » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:55 am

In fact the film about 3 minutes it's to short and so fast to understand the whole things, but there are a good information about historical and it's very helpful and very important to knew and it's very useful, and the explain it via way which explains the history are ridiculed and funny, but it is correct. America in ancient history kills through advanced weapons .
on the story black and white people killed each other, but it stopped. Black people they were not looking for the revenge they looking for the peace .
And i think America Ignite problems and they made the people killed each other .
And i think there are a lot of things that changed to good way .
And i hope the other things that didn't change it yet i hope to change on the next days or years .
Thank you .
Sulttn

Postby hanadi » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:11 am

Michael Moore's explaine the situation about the hostry of United States. He was between white and black Americans
there were not too much bias,but may be he was bias to white people. although he mention that black people take the revenge. Then everyone was afraid because there were lack of security. Untile he described how they became equal.
hanadi

Postby bugra712 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:15 am

I read many articles and news about how white american built their country. In this short movies also showed that in the history british army went to america occupied the indian area and killed them , 200 years ago they went to Africa, kidnapped many blcack man to US, and led them to slave with no money. But I thought this is just his opinion, I came to LA since 7 month, either LA is a very multicultural city, but I haven't seen any racism here, every people is friendly and nice. Although this is a carton to lets people easy to understand the American history, but it will be mislead the children to know history. Because in this movies he shows his bias and made white people very cruel. This is a funny movie, but some parts remote the reality.
bugra712

Postby ericlin231 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:16 am

Hi, this is Yueh-Te Lin(Eric Lin)

He used a ridiculous way in his animation, saying about that some white guys overprotected themselves, and the things they did to Indians and Africans usually without reasonable, just because they felt fear to them. For example, Michael told a story that many people owns their guns to make them away from dangerous, even a newspaper hit their legs, they just shot the deliverer down.
ericlin231

Postby wonsom » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:19 am

In this clip, The director shows his view using satire. The main satire is that a bullet who is narrator of this clip talks about peace. Moreover, it speaks for the white's perspective and support with brutal scenes by ridiculous characters . Namely, scenes and speeches are contradictory for viewers consideration. For instance, although the pilgrims came to America for peace and free of religion, they massacred the Indians and killed each others. This clip shows us irony of Amerixan history
wonsom

Postby SHIHO » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:20 am

Michael Moore explains his bias by focusing on bad action of White people to African or Indian in this short movie. This movie is really short and fast but I could see that he doesn't like racism. I think that he especially shows his against to racism in the scene of KKK and NRF because he represents that these organization killed African people by shooting or burning them event though African people decided not to revenge to white people and wanted to live in peace. This scene has really big impact. Also last scene is really irony because the speaker says everyone can live in peace but everyone including infant has guns. I think Michael wanted to shoe how racism is cruel and USA was built and developed on the history.
SHIHO

Postby M7MDHv » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:21 am

Hi

This movie is talking about USA's community history,
The black people had many injustices In thire life. On the other hand the whit people was really snobby and segregation in same time to black people. Rosa parks whom the United States Congress called "the first lady of civil rights" and "the mother of the freedom movement". She had done a wonderful behavior to change thought of people to fair thought without any biases.

I enjoyed with this story thank you maike
M7MDHv

Previous

Return to Movie Reports