Bowling for Columbine: BRIEF HISTORY OF USA

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: Bowling for Columbine: BRIEF HISTORY OF USA

Postby almeshari1388 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:41 pm

The vedio was show some facts and openions. For examples, European people who had traveled to the USA as new place. Also, it discussed the wars between Indians and European. Also, it show that new people kidnaped some people from Africa to work for no money, and the author's openion that way may it is the way that made USA the richest country. A

lso the vedio was talking about racism and white and black people relations. Then the vedio mention the nick of time when it show wht happend with Samuel 1863 and describe that as too late. That vedio was short but really good to describe long history within 3 min by using easy show.
almeshari1388

Postby althemali » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:42 pm

Three minutes couldn't be enough to give anybody about any idea of any history ,but, in this short movie i've learned that you can reduce any long terms if you have somebody who talks quickly, organized idea and an artist :lol:. I really like the american history and those actions that made a freedom for the black people. :geek:
althemali

Postby dr.musleh.dent » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:30 am

I think this video shows us what history of USA is. First, starting with immigration of European people is fact but I think also the African people immigrated too. The British came with racism for that they used the African people as slaves.

Second, I guess guns spread between the immigrated people due to racism to continue the slavery. The last point, if racism goes and the secure is spreading USA will become more richer than before.
dr.musleh.dent

Postby KimBH » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:29 pm

I like this short animation movie. Even though this movie is very short, it makes me know about American history.
KimBH

Postby Chopin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:45 am

This short movie is easy to understand what happened in America. Although this movie is too fast to understand the history, we can get some ideas about the history of America. i was surprised at the quality of the movie because the movie was summarized in only a couples of minutes.
Chopin

Postby psh1219 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:41 pm

It was an interesting short movie which explained American history. The lecturer spoke fast, so I couldn't understand the story exactly for the first time. But, the movie was short, we could watch it twice in our class. So we learned American history quickly. I think watching movie is very good way to learn history.

Thank you~ :D
psh1219

Postby Hikari » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:41 pm

In this short movie, the severe past was expressed by using animation, so I was very surprised. Even though it was aniamtion and used characters, the contents were very agressive. The story teller spoke very fast, so I could not catch everything. I want to learn more about American history. I recognized there is a comlicated relationship between America and England and Africa. I like studying history through movies.

Thank you. :D
Hikari

Postby Yoshika » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Firstly, this video was very short and fast, so I couldn't understand all of contents. But I think this version of history is close to fact. For example, I think that European settlers were persecuted and moved to America because of that is fact. And I thought America had deep history. I don't know about the detail, but this history is more fact.

Thank you.

Teacher's note: There is a lot of fact here, but I think Michael Moore also choose to put a lot of "spin" on his version of U.S. history. Thank you for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :roll:
Yoshika

Postby RyoMurakami » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:46 pm

I believe that historical incidents such as the reason why the pilgrims move to the American continent, the establishment of the K.K.K. and National Rifle Association, and the existence of the ethical persecution are facts. On the othe rhands, the perspectives of the people are based on his opinion. For example, this film mentions that the reason why the settlers kidnap people from Africa is just white people are afraid of working though, there is no evidence. It is hardly to believe. Also, I felt this film has been apt to depicte Black perple as proper and right, in other words, Micheal Moore supports the Black people rather than White people and thus I can say the depiction of the perspective of them is based on his opinion, it is hard to say a fact.
Last edited by RyoMurakami on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RyoMurakami

Postby Koichi Shimizu » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:46 pm

Because I am not good at world history and american history, there were sequently a couple of things I had not known. I knew somehow that American people kidnapped Africans and forced them to work hardly without any money. However, the fact and history of discrimination of black people was more serious than I had expected. They persecuted many black people. Moreover about the movie, I could know how guns were getting popular among americans by watching the short sequence and I was surprised. In Japan, no one is allowed to have guns so that that was interesting to me.
Koichi Shimizu

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports