[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - Bowling for Columbine: BRIEF HISTORY OF USA

Bowling for Columbine: BRIEF HISTORY OF USA

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: Bowling for Columbine: BRIEF HISTORY OF USA

Postby Kazunori » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:49 pm

This short sequence of the movie was really impressive to me.
The ending was literally happy, but, ironically, it was not true, as we can see in the description that even a baby had a gun! This movie is full of such sarcasms. They give us many impressions that the paranoia whites had (or have) is really invalid, even we can say crazy. But also, this short sequence, only in 3 minutes, tells me the American history really clearly, which I could understand the history where white people had engraved the fear to blacks.

But anyway, it is unreasonable because, if they had not taken advantage of African people as slaves, there would have never been the rebelling from blacks and the paranoia of whites in our history. It was innate arrogance of human being what made the cause of today's conflicts.

I want to eradicate such miseries around this world.

Teacher's note: Nice post, bro. I want to support your eradication of misery. I like how this author recognizes the sarcasm, which if I'm not mistaken, is a kind of conceit. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :twisted:
Kazunori

Postby YuichiYamazaki » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:49 pm

In my thought, Michel Moore's version of history was easy to understand. So, it could be understandable for children and foreigners who don't know American history.
However, I think many significant factors were omitted instead of brevity. For instance, " The settlers kidnapped the Africans because they did not like to work". In fact, there could be more reasons, I guess. So, this movie might be misunderstood...
Anyway, I could learn about American history today. So that's great.

Yuichi
YuichiYamazaki

Postby Faisal alenazi » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:50 pm

Initially, the film about the history of America and the events and history that by the bullet that tells of events and video short talk, but I learned from him new words in history and political, I did not know previously ... beautiful in the short video is the integration of the story quickly, a story of Indians with the Americans eggs and then killed the Indians and white Americans go to Africa and discernible black men to work without taking salary, but after the events that evolved and became equality between the Americans and blacks have become 'America is an example of equality, justice and taking rights...
Faisal alenazi

Postby Monica » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:51 pm

These people from Europe called Pilgrims,they came to America.They were greeted by savages.They would think wiping out a race of people would calm them down.They passed a second amendment to US constitution.They went to Africa,kidnapped thousands of black people,brought them back to America and slaved them.The slaves began to rebell.The white people had a fear meltdown.At the end,they were all safe and snug as a bug.

I like this very very short movie.It's a very concise and precious contraction of American history.
Last edited by Monica on Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Monica

Postby Hasan » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:55 pm

In this short sequence of the history of USA, I like how Moore's depiction is cool and easy to understand. Otherwise, what I didn't like that in the ending they show that the whole family hold a guns, even the baby. In this sequence I learned a lot about the American history. For example, when the British settlers came to America to relax and settle down. But they were surprised by the Indians. What shocked me was when the black people revenge and taking their rights. I think this is the reason that led to racism.
Hasan

Re: Bowling for Columbine: BRIEF HISTORY OF USA (Mike)

Postby lucasliu » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:07 am

I never seen a movie like this . it just about 3 minutes. However, it could describes story clearly . The director has good skills.
It is a good chance to learn English and American history. I thought USA was a very new country compared other countries in the world, so i did not pay attention to it. After seeing this movie, i got many fresh knowledge about American history.
thank you
lucasliu

Postby maikuu » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:26 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Postby Mohammadu » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:45 am

The 3 minute brief movie does not show the full American history,However, It only showes some aspects of what happened.Some things are not compeletely true,For Example when it was stated that all white people are lazy,of course that is not true.The director has good skills,however. He made the history of the united states look bad by ignoring parts of the american history.On the other hand,Michles Moore's showed a lot true information about how black people were treated by the whites, And how that KKK was created.This brief summery showes how America was established and it's a good summery because we can learn some parts of history in a short time.
Mohammadu

Postby Tony » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:46 am

First of all, this movie is so fast, so I can not understand well. I though, however, this movie do not show ideology and politics. In this movie, European and American afraid and scared everything, and came to depend on guns and made cage a, but I don't think so. This movie show Michael Moor's bias. In this movie, American get happiness and comfortable by weapon and violence. Maybe something is true, but I can not agree with something. It is very fun and simple, however, so I want this movie to be slower.
Tony

Postby dr.musleh.dent » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:47 am

I think Michael's bias was honestly clear and most of the idea is right. He presents that the white pilgrims to The US were afraid and freaked out before they came from Europe. Then they were lazy, not all of them, but they kidnapped African people to work for them. Sadly, they treated African people badly. The white were looking to made the black people afraid of them. So, they established KKK and NRA and lynched and killed the black people. Finally, they felt secure and comfort. Or they didn't ;)
dr.musleh.dent

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports