FORREST GUMP

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: FORREST GUMP

Postby Chopin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:36 am

This movie is very awesome!! This movie is the best movie in our movie class. Although this movie is the simple life story of Forrest Gump, this movie made me think about many things deeply. In addition, in this story Forrest Gump looked back on his life and talk to some strangers. This point is one of the greatest effect in this movie because it seems that he tries to treat his life as a treasure and pass on to next life. Furthermore, in the beginning and end of the story, one feather is flying in the air. What does it mean in this story? I want to know what it means. I also find the music video which looks like to describe the story of Forrest Gump. If you are interested in, please watch it. <Story of My Life (One Direction -- Piano/Cello Cover) - ThePianoGuys>
Chopin

Re: FORREST GUMP

Postby Kaoriic » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:34 am

Forrest Gump is as far as I know, one of the best movie I could watch. Forrest who was not blessed in a way that he didn't had enough intellectual capacity became successful thanks to his huge compassion and determination to live a perfect normal life.

This movie is a true lesson for those who are not motivated to win. It was also citing the historical moments of america by introducing each time Forrest in. It let[s] us imagine how was the life style of that time and completely emerges us in the character's point of view. It is a nice travel in the time after 3 hours.

Kaori

Teacher's note: Thanks for beautifully summarizing this film with great conciseness and preciseness.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :shock:
Kaoriic

Re: FORREST GUMP (Mike)

Postby lucasliu » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:53 am

I have seen Forrest Gump for many times. My English teacher played it to us for learning english and some spirits in high school. It is a very classic movie. Even though i saw it many times, i still like to see it again. Forrest Gump is a person who has intellectual problems, but he always reaches amazing achievements which are surprising us. His life is full of legend.

He is a happiness man. He has a good mother who always support[s] him, a girl friend alays encourage[s] him and have kid with him, a friend work[s] with him. He owns what people want to have. He is simple, but he never give[s] up. " Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." I like this one.
lucasliu

Previous

Return to Movie Reports