[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - NEIGHBORS

NEIGHBORS

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

NEIGHBORS

Postby maikuu » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:07 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Assessments_0clip_image002.png
Assessments_0clip_image002.png (60.08 KiB) Viewed 2130 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: NEIGHBORS

Postby deh » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:55 pm

“Neighbors” is a very entertaining movie. The guys do absurd things for revenge, such as when they steal the car’s airbags and spread through several places.

My favorite scene was when to call attention of the police Kelly shoot fireworks in the police car!!
I really hope that there are not so serious rivalries between neighbors as show in this film. They do horrible things. :shock:
deh

Postby DDF2 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:01 pm

1. The reason why the neighbours go to war is Mac and Kelly called the police in spite of promise.

2. The similar point between Teddy and Mac is that they are cunning men. The different point between Teddy and Mac is people who each guys defends. For example, Teddy defended his friends from the police and Mac defended his family, Kelly and Stella, and his house.

3. In my opinion, this movie was disgusting a little bit in some scenes, but I enjoyed the story, especially revenges. It was fun to expect what kind of bad revenges are waiting them. It does not go too far for the sake of entertainment. I have never been to such party before, so I would like to try to join once. It was the good ending because Mac won against Teddy and recovered the daily life like before Teddy moved. Also, Teddy got a job. They finally met each other without revenges.
DDF2

Postby Chopin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:22 am

This movie was so exciting!! "Neighbors" tried to live in the way what they want to do. However, the conflict occurred between them. Although this situation seems to be unreal in this world, this case may happen somewhere. In general, if someone are in trouble because of a neighbor, they try to avoid having a relationship with the neighbor. However, in this story, they try to beat the neighbor somehow. I like this attitude. If you watch this movie, you can have a confident and be crazy because of the party scene.
Chopin

Postby Kaoriic » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:41 am

Neighbors was a really caracteristic movie of a student's life. After traveling from France to Japan, then to America, I could really compare university student's life and neighbors is a great representation of what an american student's life look like. I was really impressed by the determination of those fraternities to have party no matter what. Drugs and alcohol are something real fortunately for some students and unfortunately for those parents like in the movie. After staying in America for 3 months, I could understand most of the slang cited in the movie. Which was even more funny when I think about those days when I was sstruggling understanding American friends.

Kaori
Kaoriic

Postby Jason_Eom » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Actually, I watched this movie before, so it was my second time to watch this movie. Even though it was second time, it was really funny especially comic acting. Well, also in my country, there are so many problems with neighbors such as nosing, that's why some of them are fighting.

In my opinion, this problem with neighbors is not simple, really complicate to resolve but, in this movie, even they are fighting and attack each other but they make a funny story and also moving. so it was good for me.
Jason_Eom

Re: NEIGHBORS (Mike)

Postby lucasliu » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:18 am

this movie is a very fantastic. I think it rarely happened in our real life.
They go so far, because Mac broke the promise which they never call the police, and their neighbors take revenges.
I think if this situation happened in the US, the police must warning those people and even arrest them for disturb neighbors.
thank you
lucasliu

Return to Movie Reports