MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Re: MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

Postby 18965196 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:29 am

I really like and I enjoy a lot watching movies. my sincere recommendations from last movies I've seen it.
The Legend of Tarzan.
you before me.
moster money.
the shallows.
and "from there" it is a Venezuelan film that won the Golden Lion in Venice and I've never seen but I saw the short and looks very interesting

Postby Joshua » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:02 pm

hi!
the followings are the first five movie that I recommend based on the Oscar winner and the trailer you provided on the website.
the great debater
hero
mad max
the 40 years old virgin
american beauty
I didn't out the number is because I love these movies a lot and I can't even put the order for it
thank you, Mike!
Joshua

Postby doris » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Good day. My name is Doris Lin. I like learning English via movies. By going to see the movie, I can learn a lot of new vocabulary and correct my pronunciation.Moreover, it can release my pressure.
I like various types of movies, such as romance films, drama films, action films, war films, documentary films and etc. But I am afraid of horror films.
I love this lesson so much.
Here are my movie recommendations as below.

1. THE MARTIANTHE MARTIAN
2. THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA
3. Up
4. THE NOTEBOOK
5. THE DARK KNIGHT
6. THE HUNGER GAMES

Thank you so much.
doris

Postby Wangping » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:19 am

Hello I am Mathew, your film class student.

To be honest, I like action movies such as " Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" romance movies like " Flipped ", and some movies which depend on real story and reveal the social problem like “ The Romm ” And because I will major in Finance in the future, I also want to try some financial movies like " The Great Wall " and "The Big Shot" And some movies about space or geography are not in my world. because of the difficult words and no intrest.

Thank you so much.
Wangping

Postby lirongjia » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:43 am

Hi, here's Jia, who watches movies whenever he is free. I like science fiction, especially the ones i have to focus on and use my brain, even sometimes i have to watch more than 1 time to get it straight, from which i can learn about the future and keep thinking. Also i like action movies which ignites my fighting fantasy. And of course i like the Superhero movies, such as Avengers, Iron Man, Spider Man etc, which i'm not gonna write below because everyone likes these. :lol: Here are some movies i like and i highly recommend:

1.The Martian(2015)
2.Shutter Island(2010)
3.Identity(2003)
4.Inception(2010)
5.Fast & Furious 1~7
6.Life Of Pi(2012)

Actually there are a lot more. I've watched too many to think of. And these few ones above come out first in my mind. I hope you like them too.
lirongjia

Postby siyu1012 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:58 am

Hello!
This is Siyu, a Chinese student from Mike’s film class. I love movies because it not only makes me experience the life I’ve never had a chance to experience but also inspires me to deal with the ups and downs in my life. I like adventure and romance movies, but animation is always my favorite!
I would like to recommend the following movies:

1) Black Swan
2) Inside Out
3) Ratatouille
4) Slumdog Millionaire
5) Spirited Away

I hope everyone can enjoy what movies bring to us! Have a nice day!
siyu1012

Postby chihyi » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:59 am

:) This is Chih-Yi Lu (Michelle).
There are numerous movies that I'd be interested in.
I am curious to know what would happen next in these movies and be interested in learning about people or things around the movies.
The movies I prefer to are blew.

-Up
-Inception
-Inside Out
-The Notebook
-When Harry Met Sally

Thank you.
chihyi

Postby kimberly0610 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Hello, This is Kimberly (Shih-Hsuan, Chou). I love movies so much because movies create lots of attractive stories even a whole new world that came from people's imagination, it's quite tremendous to me. Therefore, I like all types of movies and admire the production crew of movies. There are some movies that I highly recommend to you which listed below:

1) The big Short
2) The best offer
3) Django Unchained
4) The grand budapest hotel
5) Avatar
6) Sherlock Holmes
kimberly0610

Postby ZiyuZhang » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi Mike! This is Ziyu Zhang from Film 501. Actually watching movies is always my favorite leisure activity. Also, although there are so many movie resources on the internet, I prefer going to the cinema. When I sitting down in a movie theater and surrounded by the darkness, it seems like I am communicating with those characters and experiencing different lives. This kind of experience makes me feel like I’m there, and that’s why I love movie theater and watching movies.

Here are my movie recommendations as below:
1 Black Swan
2 The King’s Speech
3 Little Miss Sunshine
4 V for Vendetta
5 Matrix

Thank you so much for bring those wonderful movies to us!
ZiyuZhang

Postby xunpengwu » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Hey Mike,

This is J.T. with the Film 501 class. I love movies simply because usually movies are others' life experience, which allows me to escape from my life and to "steal" their experience. Some movie experience is just like what William said in Almost Famous - Incendiary.

Here is a couple of movies I would recommend:
1. Infernal Affairs
2. Farewell my Concubine
3. To Live
4. The Grandmaster
5. Life of Pi
6. The Shining
7. Ocean's Eleven
8. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

The first four movies are actually Chinese ones but I stronglly recommend them! Thank you!
xunpengwu

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Movies