[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Re: MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015 (Mike)

Postby maikuu » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:51 am

Teacher's note: There are some great comments and suggestions here. Thanks everyone for posting. I need to hear from the rest of you as well.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen:
maikuu
Site Admin

Postby Claire9 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:05 am

Hi Mike:
This is Claire . I like watching movie because of it can help me improve my English skill
(Including oral skills, vocabulary,and listening)
We can know the culture and life style in US. As your know,international student is hard to
have American friends, for me , I thought maybe we could hangout together,but when they
talking about some jokes and interesting thinks we always lost. And we don't know what happen
by watching movies we could learn sth and it is not boring, we can focus on it.

My interesting list:
Comedy family
Drama politics
Anima comedy
Action and romance

Thank you Dr. mark
Claire
Claire9

Postby Claire9 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:19 am

Claire9

Postby Hidetoshi » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:12 pm

Himy name is Hidetoshi. i ike movie because it gives me the great creative emotion. These movies in the following list is my recommendation.

1. The Great Gatsby
2. Spirited Away
3. Toy Story 3
4. Shawshank Redemption
5. School of Rock

Thank you!
Hidetoshi

Postby Manayo96 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi, I'm Manayo. I like watching movies in English because I can learn many things such as words, expressions and cultures. I want to implove my listening skills by watching movies in English. I really like Disney movies, so here is my reccommendation.
1 Frozen
2 Tangled
3 Toy Story 3
4 Finding Nimo
5 Sprited Away
Thank you.
Manayo96

Postby Mousab » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:12 am

Hi, I'm Mousab, I love watching Movies because it takes me away from reality and expanding your imagination,beside as an English learner it helps me with listening and pronunciation, and here some movies I recommend for the class:
1-Crash
2-Dark Knight
3-Forrest Gump
4-Good will hunting
5-Pulp Fiction
Mousab

Postby teinabc » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:50 pm

Hello everyone! My name is Taina and I love movies because I love the stories, the images and the different realities we are taken to in each movie. Besides that, it is an effective way to learn english and improve your vocabulary. In fact, I know several people that never had english classes and learned it only by watching movies and TV shows!
I love all types of movie's genre: action, drama, comedy, sci-fi, romance, musical, adventure... However my favorites are comedy, sci-fi, animations and romance! Therefore, I would recommend these 6 movies:
-Jurassic Park
- toy story 3
-the great gatsby
- frozen
-forrest gump
- the avengers
Thank you!!!

Teacher's note: Great summary of why movies are near perfect for learning English. I too have been told by some that they learned English mostly from movies. As you know, my website is dedicated to the idea that "Movies Grow English." Thanks everyone for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :oops:
teinabc

Postby KimBH » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:50 am

Hi, I'm Kim, I was taking this class on last semester. I love watching movie, so I applied to take this class again. I love any kinds of movies. Here is my movie recommendations.

-toy story 3
-the avengers
-school of rock
-jurassic park
-finding nimo

Thank you.
KimBH

Postby alkndri » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:37 pm

Hey there! It's Ali
I love watching movies, especially ones with a great story
I love The Prestige and The Illusionist.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Christian Bale are my favorite actors, I love all of their movies.
alkndri

Postby Yi Yun » Fri May 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Hi Milke!

My name is Yi Yun. I chose this class because I like watching films in English. American films are the best in the world. Avater,Avengers, Iron man, and the hunger game are all my favourite. I hope I can enjoy this class by watching films. And I will improve my English at the same time .

I would like to recommend following movies:
1 Avengers
2 Iron man
3 hunger game
4 Spirited away
5 Resident Evil

Teacher's note: All of these movies except Resident Evil are on my list. Action adventure it is. BTW did you see the new "Mad Max?" Very cool and stylish. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com
Yi Yun

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Movies