[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Re: MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015 (Mike)

Postby Yoni chang » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:48 pm

Hello,

this is Younyi Chang (Yoni) and nice to meet you guys and also Mike! I always have loved watching movies and it made me think about stories, feelings and issues. Of course, it gave me a lot of fun! Also, it might be great if i can learn English through movies, especially for useful expressions, idioms. Therefore, i'm really happy to join this class, and i would like to make 5 recommendations. I picked them as they are fascinating and touching. Plus, in these days, new Jurassic Park is now on the screen! so i picked Jurassic park ,too. Thank you!

1. Inception
2. the notebook
3. life of pie
4. jurassic park
5. rain man
Yoni chang

Postby YiminGu » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi there, this is Yimin,

Movies have taken up a large part of my spare time. I'm not into a particular type of movie. I like those that make me cry or laugh or both. Put it in another word, they make me feel emotionally connected. I could cry for an animation and I could get drowsy for an action movie. Therefore, it's all about the storylines. I want to recommend the following movies because I have strongly felt something for them.

1. Le grand bleu (1988)
- It is my all-time favorite film, because I had never seen a film that I could identify myself so much with. I was lucky to be born in a town near the sea, which is very similar and as beautiful as those in the movie. I know exactly how dangerous this seemingly silent and calm beauty- the sea - is. Jacques, the protagonist, dived into the sea for a thousand times to get closer to this dangerous beauty, as I will never give up exploring the dangerous yet fascinating world.
2. Singin' in the Rain (1952)
3. Dead Poets Society (1989)
4. Rain Man (1988)
5. Spirited Away (2001)
6. Wall-E (2010)
7. Jeux d'enfants /Love Me If You Dare (2003)

It's nice meeting you all in this class.
Thanks.
YiminGu

Re: Mad About Movies - Summer 2015.1: Introductions

Postby HenriqueTeixeira » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Hello everybody.

What is the first movie you remember seeing in a theater?
I think it was “Jurassic Park”.
What was your favorite movie when you were a child?
I used to watch “Jurassic Park” every single day. Definitely, it is one of the most extraordinary films ever made.
What is your favorite movie now?
Nowadays my favorite movie is “Fast and Furious 7”. Unfortunately, one of the protagonists (Paul Walker) died in a car accident in 2013.
What is your favorite movie genre?
I really like to watch comedy films.
Who is your favorite actor/actress/director?
Favorite actor: Paul Walker
Favorite actress: Jennifer Lawrence
Favorite director: Steven Spielberg
Why did you sign up for this elective and what do you hope it will be like?
I think the easiest way to learn English is by watching films. You can enjoy a great time with friends/girlfriend and learn a new language at the same time.

Movies that I would like to see:

1. Hangover
2. Jurassic Park
3. Fast and Furious
4. The Internship
5. Forrest Gump

:D
HenriqueTeixeira

Postby Yumqqq » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:46 pm

Hello everyone! This is Yumq, and I feel glad to attend this class during which I could learn some English from movies. I've been watching American movies for more than 10 years, and the first American movie that I watched was Titanic. My favorite movie is Sleepless in Seattle, starred by Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. I usually love to watch this kind of American romantic movies because they tell good stories and have happy endings, which make me feel quite enjoyable and relaxed. Besides, I would also like to choose some thrillers, especially when there are good stories in the movies. Here are some of the movies that I would like to recommend.

- Little Miss Sunshine
- When Harry Met Sally
- V for Vendetta
- Dead Poets Society
- Black Swan

Hope you would enjoy the movies :D
Yumqqq

Postby maikuu » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:39 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Postby haoqiulyu » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:53 pm

Watching movies is what I would do when I have spare time, and a good movie not only gives us a good day but also inspires us on the philosophy of life. I have watched plenty of movies form home and abroad, and I would like to recommend some excellent ones to the rest of my classmates:

1. Black Swan
2.Good Will Hunting
3.The Notebook
4.The Truman Show
5.Mulholland Drive
haoqiulyu

Postby dr.musleh.dent » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:56 am

My bame is Musleh.

I would like to recommend sherlock holmes movie it is very interesting.

Teacher's note: Good idea.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :D
dr.musleh.dent

Postby zhang » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:19 pm

Since last week we enjoyed a great animation movie, I want to add several movies of the same type to my recommendation list:

1. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
2. Corpse Bride
3. Fantastic Mr.Fox
4. Garden of Words

The above movies are all animation with different style. I really like them and highly recommend them.

Yang Zhang
zhang

Postby Daeyoungkim » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi, my name is Daeyoung Kim from Korea. SInce I became a member of this class, I enjoy many movies every week. I love watching movies because I can learn so many things from movies. I would like to share some movies with my classmates. Thanks.

1. Les Miserables
2. The Note book
3. Lord of Rings
4. Batman Darknight
Daeyoungkim

Postby Mimi.t96 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:58 am

My recommendations on the website are Pulp fiction, Toy story 3, The Shawshank Redemption.
And my personal recommendations which are probably not released on th website are Dead Poet Society, Billy Elliot, Chicago, lion king, and Help.

The best
Mika

Hi Mika--
Thanks for being the first to post for Fall 2015. BTW, Dead Poet's Society is on Movies Grow English. It's one of my favorites.

Regards,

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :D
Mimi.t96

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Movies