MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Re: MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015 (Mike)

Postby Risaaa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Hi. It's Risa. I am from Japan. Actually, I don't watch movies that often, but I want to watch movies from now. Because I can learn English by doing that. I recommend these movies.
-FROZEN
-Hang over
-Jurassic park
-Tangled
-Spirited away
Risaaa

Postby sei » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:13 pm

Hello! I am Seyeon Jeon from South Korea. Please call me SEI :)
I rewlly like to watch movie. I like various kinds of movies like action, comedy or romantic and so on. I want to introduce my favorite movies to you.

*Iron Man
*Memento
*Lion King
*Spirited Away
*Knocking on Heaven's Door
*Les Miserables

I like these movies pretty much. Because these movies gave lots of lessons to my life. Thank you!
sei

Postby Mohammadu » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Hello, I'm Mohammad from Kuwait.
I love to watch movies because i think that it is one of the best ways to learn a new language,so here are my recommendations :

1.Howl's Moving Castle.
2.Big Hero 6.
3.The Nightmare Before Christmas .
4.Resident Evil: Damnation (2012).
5.Ted.
6.Frozen.

Thank you.
Mohammadu

Postby Sulttn » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:11 am

Hello, this is Sultan Alhusainan i like to watch American movies because i need to target my gools to learned English and to practice speaking and listening and the conversation and many good skills and these movies are helpful for us and these worlds on the cheet paper it's very helpful too, and it's very fun to have film class and to have a good movies, and a good last that m.r Mike brought to us and i would like to recommend this movies too our classmates Avatar , Notebook , Life of PI , Tangled ,Shawshank , ToY Story, when Harry met Sally .
Thank you Mr. Mike.
Sulttn

Postby hanadi » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:37 pm

Hello this is Hanadi Alfaisal
I really enjoy this class movies grow English because it helps me to improve my English faster
I recommend several movies that I like:
1- Spy
2- Inside out
3- home alone
4- remember me

Teacher's note: I'm so pleased that this author shares my belief that movies help "to improve English faster." Also thanks for this awesome watch list of films. Some of these I had barely heard of, but they all look like solid possibilities for a film class. I also like "Water for Elephants," another Robert Pattinson film. "Inside Out" is a current animation that my daughter wants me to see. The previews for "Inside Out" look interesting. Hadn't heard of "Spy" before, but it's there, with Jude Law and Jason Statham. Thanks, again.

--mike laib :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :shock:
hanadi

Re: MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

Postby Blair1122 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi, I'm Blair.
I love watching movies because I can have diverse indirect experience of life through them.
So movie is always a rich source of inspiration for me.
I'm really glad to have ETS class ;)
Here are my recommendations.

1. The devil wears Prada ( if you like this movie, I also recommend "The Intern".)
2. Hangover (when you feel Life is boring!!)
3. Notebook ( personally I watched this movie over 10 times. If you also love this story, watch "If only" !)
4. Ratatouille ( If you like PARIS, I highly recommend this movie. Even though it is an animation, you can feel real Paris in it!)

Thank you! :P
Blair1122

Postby Hannah » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Hi, I'm Hannah.
I am interesting in watching movie and Learning English. I think English in the movie is real English expression. It is different from the book.
In addition, Lessons from movie are effective, more memorable.
Here are my recommendations.

- Good will hunting
- Gatsby
- A walk in the clouds
- Erin Brochovich
- Frozen

Thank you so much.
Hannah

Postby lu0102 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:24 pm

Hi!
I’m Lu.I’m from China.I love movies and my job is about movies.I enjoy the feeling that lost in some movies,just like starting a new adventure. :lol: I really adore two movie directors:Clint Eastwood and Quentin Tarantino.They are so great! Since I worked in movies,I respect all the films.Good films and bad films both can bring enlightenment to us,just enjoy it or think deeply whatever you want. :)
Here is my choices from the movie recommendations :arrow: :
MILLION DOLLAR BABY
AMERICAN BEAUTY
GOOD WILL HUNTING
HOTEL RWANDA
AMERICAN HISTORY X
PULP FICTION

Thank you!See you! :P

Teacher's note: Some good lists here. Wanted to ask, what did you do in movies? Thanks.

--Mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :roll:
lu0102

Postby Sujin72 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:40 pm

Hello, I'm Su Jin.
I love movies so much. When I was in Korea my country, I really enjoyed going a movie theater and watching a movie!
I think that movies give me imaginative ideas and new insights, and those enriches my mind.
I like most movies such as animation, science fiction, fantastic story, relating to psychology, dealing with humanity, and MARVEL's, just except horrible and cruel.
My recommending movies are:

1. good will hunting
2. life of pi
3. frozen
4. avata
5. avengers

Thank you. See you next time!
Sujin72

Postby Basileo » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:56 pm

I love movies because I can learn new vocabulary pronunciation and grammar. I also love movies because their fun and a good way to spend your time.
Movie recommendations:
-Daddy's Home.
-Concussion.
-The Intern.
-Good Will Hunting.
-Furios 7.
Basileo

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Movies