[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - Mad About Movies - Summer 2015.1: Introductions

Mad About Movies - Summer 2015.1: Introductions

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Mad About Movies - Summer 2015.1: Introductions

Postby DavidC » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:02 pm

Welcome to the Mad About Movies!

If you have logged into this web site, it means you have successfully registered, and your account has been activated at the MoviesGrowEnglish Forum.

Please POST/REPLY a few words here about your interest in movies. If you're not sure what to write, you can answer these questions:

1. What is the first movie you remember seeing in a theater?
2. What was your favorite movie when you were a child?
3. What is your favorite movie now?
4. What is your favorite movie genre?
5. Who is your favorite actor/actress/director, etc.
6. Why did you sign up for this elective and what do you hope it will be like?

Also, please take a look at the movie list on the MoviesGrowEnglish front page and make five recommendations (ones you'd like to see) from the list. Choose movies from at least three different genres. You can read about the movies listed if you scroll down the front page to the individual links.

If you have a question, please e-mail me at teacherchrisman@gmail.com or ask another student.

I hope you enjoy the class!
DavidC

Re: Mad About Movies - Summer 2015.1: Introductions

Postby Bayan1991 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Actually I don't remember the first movie I have seen, and about my favorite childhood movie is " Matilda" as will as all Disney's movies epically " The Hunchback of Noterdame " . My favorite movies these days is " The Lorde of The ring " and " The Hobbits" because I'm into fictional movies more than the others. My favorite actor is Denzel Washington and my favorite actress is the magnificent Angelina Jolie. I have chose this elective because I'm fascinated about the movie world and I want to know more about it. For me going to theater it not about popcorn and nachos, there is a massage behind every movie. :roll:
Bayan1991

Postby Wafa » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:50 pm

The first movie I've seen it in theater was transformers.
When I was child I was intersted in action movies but now I prefer either fictions or romantic movies.
My favorite actor is sylvester stallone and my favorite actress is juloa roberts. Finally, I sign up for this elective to reduce stress in this qurater (since we are goning to study for 3 months unlike the pervious quarter). So I hope to learn new things with fun .

Thank you.

My list is :
1-into the wild
2.jurassic park
3.frozen
4.Gatsby
5.Rain man
Wafa

Postby Sapphire1996 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:18 am

Hi!
:D

Though I was just four years old, one of the firsts I can barely remember is final destination 1. :cry: :|

Like Bayan said; I do love Matilda and I wish I were able to move things using my eyes as well. Disney movies are my favorite until now. I keep watching them every night like a bed time story because they always take me back for favorite parts of my childhood and this is why I think Bayan loves them! :geek: :roll:

I like the Hobbit either! And Sherlock Holmes! The Godfather! Alvin and the chipmunks! Despicable me! I'm crazily in love with the minions! What I love about these movies is seeing what you can not see in everyday in reality life! It is so dreamy, fascinating, and astonishing! :D

4. What is your favorite movie genre?[/u]
Drama, classics,adventure and epics( fantasy)! Those are my list for long term, but sometimes I love to change and watch romantic or comedy like what Wafa mentioned. :roll:

[u]5. Who is your favorite actor/actress/director, etc.

Robert Downey, Johnny Depp, Al pacino,Nicolas Cage, and Colin Farrell.

Actresses:
Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, and
Sandra Bullock. ;)

I signed up for it before and I did again because now I have different sight of understanding when I watch the movie. I understood the sequences of the movies, and the core of it. The class itself is relaxing and fun so I'd like to expand my knowledge. :lol:

5 recommendations:
1-Up.
2- Shekspear in love.
3- Notebook.
4- the king's speech.
5- A beautiful mind.
Sapphire1996

Postby bryanelbez » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:56 am

It was probably Toy story as far as i can remember.

My favorite movie when I was was The Lion King

I really like many movies but i think my preferred one is Eternal sunshine.

Actually i do not have favorite it depend on the moment. It can be fantasy movies this month and comedy the next one.

my favorite actor is Mathew McConaughey; actress is Scarlett Johansson and I do not have favorite director but i really like Tim Burton Style.

I like watching movies and TV shows so i wanted to know more about this industry. I hope it will be fun and instructive.

Here is my list:
1. The Notebook
2. Black Swan
3. The Prestige
4. The King's Speech
5. GoodWill Hunting
bryanelbez

Postby Samantha1988 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:12 pm

My first movie might be a Taiwanese movie about funny stories in army. When I was a child, my favorite movies were Shakespeare in Love and The Prestige. It’s hard to choose a favorite one for now, but the movies I love recently are Rush, Frozen and Interstellar. I accept all kinds of genres, but usually I will choose comedy to relax. My favorite actor/actress/director are Heath Ledger, Leonardo Dicaprio, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Lawrence and Christopher Nolan. I sign up for this elective because I really love to watch movies! So far the first class was great, just what I want. Here are the 5 movies I choose from the front page: Black Swan, Cars, Gatsby, Inception and New York Stories :)
Samantha1988

Postby Mike1981 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:45 pm

I think it was South Park Bigger Longer & Uncut. As far as I can remember. First time going to the theater was during Collage.
I don't really remember. Might has been: Transformers The Movie. I did not see in the theater but on TV.
I think it has te be Star Trek Into Darkness.
I think it has te be Sci Fi.
My favorite actor is patrick stewart; favorite actress I don't have one; favorite director is Nicholas Meyer for his work om Star Trek The Wrath of Khan.
I like to watch movies and alot of American movies are shown on the Dutch TV. I would like to know more about how American cuture is shown in the movies.

My list:
1. Blackhawk Down.
2. Finding Nemo.
3. Gladiator.
4. Transformers
5. The Truman Show.
Mike1981

Postby fernandomarquez » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:16 pm

I don´t remember the first movie that I watch in a theater, however I think that it was probably one from Walt Disney Pictures.

My favorite when I was a child was Independence Day, because the theme about an Invasion to earth and life in another planet was something very interesting for me at that time. In addition, the actors are very good.

I have a lot of favorite movies right now but, I think that two of my favorite are Lord of War and American Gangster.

My favorite movie genres are military and action films.

My favorite actor is johnny Depp
My favorite actress is Jennifer Aniston
I don´t have a favorite director yet

I love to watch movies in my free time, so I thought that this class it could be very fun and also enlightening.

1- Black Hawk Down
2- American Gangster
3- Lord of War
4- Gladiator
5- Into the Wild
6- The Notebook

Also, please take a look at the movie list on the MoviesGrowEnglish front page and make five recommendations (ones you'd like to see) from the list. Choose movies from at least three different genres. You can read about the movies listed if you scroll down the front page to the individual links.
fernandomarquez

Postby yumiko0516 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:49 pm

A Japanese girl's anime-based movie. The title was "Haikara san ga toru" in Japanese. I don't remember much about it but i've found it here:
Pretty Woman
Bagdad Cafe
Human drama
Julia Roberts, George Clooney, James Cameron
Just I like watching movie, actually DVDs at home.

Five recommendations
・Shawshank
・Black Swan
・Erin Brockovich
・Sprited Away
・Shakespeare in Love
yumiko0516

Return to Recommended Movies