[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2018 (mike)

MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2018 (mike)

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2018 (mike)

Postby maikuu » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 am

BabyDriver.jpg
BabyDriver.jpg (18.99 KiB) Viewed 4535 times
BlackPanther.jpg
BlackPanther.jpg (17.22 KiB) Viewed 4535 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2018 (mike)

Postby Jenny » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:14 pm

Animation- Inside out
Drama- life of pi
Romance -Me Before You
Action- Mission impossible
Horror- Train to Busan
Sci-fi action- Avatar
Drama, sci-fi- Gravity

Lecturer note: Thank you for being the first to post this session. This is a nice list of films. I would like to look up the Korean movie at http://www.imdb.com. Does it have an English spelling ("Train to Busan"?)?
--mike l.
Attachments
다운로드.jpg
다운로드.jpg (79.43 KiB) Viewed 4518 times
Last edited by Jenny on Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny

Postby homoud1 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:36 pm

comedy: the hangover
action: training day and baby driver
animation: moana
drama: the founder

Lecturer note: This is a great selection IMHO and a good start. I'd like to see a little bit more content.
Thanks,
--mike l.
homoud1

Postby Yoshino » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:54 pm

Dear Mr. Mike

I strongly recommend "Session", "The Southpaw". And on your list I'd like to see "21", "Chef", "Iron Giant", "King's Speech", "Mad Max: Fury Road", "Ready Player One", "Rush", "School of Rock", "When Harry Met Sally"(This is my favorite.).

Yoshino

Lecturer note: Wow, a good list! Is "The Southpaw" the boxing movie? It has some big names. Have you seen "Million Dollar Baby?" It's on my list. Not sure about "Session."
--mike l.
Yoshino

Postby Jay Jung » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:14 pm

Among the movies on this list I recommend ‘Zootopia, The Great Gatsby, The Devil Wears Prada, Lala Land, Hunger Games.’ Some people have their own preferences, such as their own musical tastes and movie tastes. But I always enjoy movies. I feel fun and excitement of each movie in any genre.
It does not particularly engage, particularly like, or memorize certain things. I just enjoy watching and concentrating on the moment. It is best to enjoy it conveniently because watching movies thinks that we use our leisure time.
Jay Jung

Postby Takumi » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:43 pm

I recommend "The Avengers", "Iron Man", "Forrest Gump", "Now You See Me" and "Sprited Away".
There are two same genre movies, because I really like action movies.
Especially, I love "Iron Man", because the main character "Tony Stark" is so smart and very logical in other heroes.
"The Avengers" is assembled some cool heroes. It's very excited.
"Forrest Gump" is a kind of comedy, drama movie. It's about experiences of Forrest Gump.
"Now You See Me" is a kind of thriller, mysterious movie and we are surprised by their illusion.
"Sprited Away" is a Japanese animation movie. It's about a girl who wanders into an another world.
Takumi

Postby Abdulrahman » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:28 pm

I highly recommend “2001:a space odyssey” i watched that movie a couple of times, it’s really creative! “Forrest Gump” is one of my favorite movies “Hidden Figures” and “The martian” are science fiction which is interesting, “baby driver” and “La La Land” are so fun to watch if you like drama, “ponyo” is a perfect animation for all ages.
Abdulrahman

Postby Naf » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:29 pm

Status update (2018)

Thor
Star wars
Train to busan
Naf

Postby Max rongqi » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:11 am

Hello, I’m Max. I’m from China. Today, I will recommend several movies to you guys.

I’ll introduce a Chinese movie called ‘only you’. This movie is a romantic movie. The heroine called Fang Yuan.According to the result of divination,her future lover was destined to be Song Kunming . When she grew up, Fang Yuan unexpectedly received a phone call from Feng Dali, who was posing in Song Kunming, before he was about to marry Xie Mingjiang. As a result, Fang Yuan desperately pursued Italy, and then launched a dramatic love-seeking journey in a foreign country.The film has a standard of romantic love story, exotic, fairy tale plot.

Another movie I will recommend is a Chinese comedy movie called 'Goodbye Mr. Loser'.Charlotte went to participate in the wedding that he once secretly loved, he faced the old classmates who had succeeded in the surrounding business.He found that he had nothing to do with himself and got drunk. After he vented, he fell asleep on the toilet, and returned to high school in his dreams. He retaliated against the teacher who had humiliated him, pursued the beloved girl, let the disappointed mother reappear, and even became a well-known musician and network red man. A series of incidents occurred in an incredible speed. Indulging in such extravagant life, Charlotte’s heart has always felt that something is missing, but he can’t pursue it anyway until he discovers that the person he really loves is his former wife. This movie is not only easy and enjoyable but also educational.

Another movie I recommend is called ‘Spirited Away’.This is a Japanese animated film produced by the famous director Hayao Miyazaki.The film tells the magical experience of the little girl Chihiro. Exquisite production and the texture of anime make the seemingly heavy topic full of fun.The audience seems to grow with the rhythm of the film and the protagonist. This is a movie that is great for watching with family and children.

Finally, I would strongly recommend a documentary film called I am repairing artifacts in the Forbidden City. The film records the artisan how to repair beautiful artifacts in the filming angle of the documentary. Of course, the background is in the Palace Museum in China.This film can help the audience better understand ancient Chinese culture.

Lecturer note: Great job, Max. "Spirited Away" is one of the movies I use, and it is pretty amazing. I like how this author describes it.

--mike l.
Max rongqi

Postby SkylarLee » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:58 am

I’m Skylar, I recommend the Star Wars series because it’s a classic movie and basically all my friends like it.
SkylarLee

Next

Return to Recommended Movies