Opinion - BEST MOVIE(s)

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Re: Opinion - Summer 2011 UCLA, ALC

Postby james » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:26 pm

-- --------------------------------------------- JIHOO SONG --------------------------------------------------

Black Swan is an artistic film. First, the actors are very beautiful. Tchaikovsky's music shakes the heart. Swan's dancing is so graceful. Thus, I was captivated by this very beautiful movie. Second, the film has the ability to stimulate a person's hearing. It shows a woman's desire and jealousy when a beautiful woman wants to be swan. But, she wants the swan to be perfect. There is plenty of greed in Black Swan. Friends, lovers, parents, all leave her. Also, she loses herself. But, she is a swan. She has achieved a dream. Then one day, she looks in the mirror. Her appearance is a black Swan. Finally, in the movie Black Swan's acting is really the best. I was really impressed.

Teacher's note: Impressive opinion piece. I also love this movie. Watch for mistakes in editing. Always read your essay at least three times before posting to the world or to your teacher. Thanks. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P
james

Postby james » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:13 am

James
Return of the Western Movie

In my opinion, Cowboys & Aliens is an action and fantasy movie. The movie centers the story begins on the Arizona territory of the United States in 1873. It is Steven Spielberg's most fun movie yet. What he(who???) discovers is that the people of a small town called Absolution do not welcome strangers, and nobody makes a move on its streets unless ordered to do so by the iron fisted Colonel Dolarhyde. Absolution a town that lives in fear. Monsters from the sky scream down with breathtaking velocity and blind lights to abduct the helpless, one by one. These monsters challenge everything the residents have ever known. The aliens are all in danger of annihilation because they need gold for survival. United against a common enemy, the humans prepare for an epic showdown for survival. All people win of combination from the aliens(???). In my opinion, the movie is the best action and SF fantasy. I am always interested in seeing a good western movie. Cowboys & Aliens teaches one lesson to be learned from a crisis. If people join forces with each other, they may overcome a crisis.

Teacher's note: Good post. I was very pleased to see this movie because it brought a fresh direction to the western. This essay has a lot of first-language grammar and technical errors. Please focus on English grammar to get your ideas across. Also I'd like to see more opinion and less summary. This is a solid report about a fun movie. Thanks much. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P
james

Postby Los Angeles » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:19 am

Bruce Lee is the the actor that I admire most. He is the founder of Tao of the Jeet Kune Do. In my opinion, it is because he was an enthusiastic man in demonstrating the true meaning of the word "combat". The successful film of Bruce was Enter The Dragon. In this film, he showed his true personality, experience and even use his own words. This is one of the things that one must not forget in the world of Martial Arts, I say this because nowadays sadly after his death, no longer are good Martial Arts films made. However in Enter The Dragon Lee demonstrates a true combat. It is a true movie of Martial Arts.

Teacher's note: I like this post. I want to know more detail about this famous icon. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :twisted:
Last edited by Los Angeles on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Los Angeles

Postby zaidalmughyirah » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:34 am

Hi .. I'm Hani Baeissa ;)

============================================
The Dark
Hani Baeissa
8 - 22 - 2011

In my opinion, Fright Night, that I saw last Friday with my friend, is a good movie. First, the film is classified as horror and suspense. The film integrates irony and awe intelligently so that it makes the viewer laugh at horrific events. The duration of the film is almost two hours. Second, Fright Night is set in a suburb that is at first living in a calm and happiness. A nice man named Anton Yelchin lives with his mother in a peaceful neighborhood in a beautiful house. Anton go(P. 71) to school with his girlfriend ;) Imogen Poots. They lived in happiness that comes to them with a new neighbor who live(P. 71) in the house next door to them. Colin Farrell is their new neighbor. :evil: He raises his actions to surprise Anton and his friends. After a little research, the investigation discoveres that Farrell becomes ((a vampire)) :twisted: . In the following the events of the film, the hero has to save his girlfriend from Farrell, who is unstable, through the wonderful and exciting events. This is a brief summary of a film which has a lot of positives and a few negatives. The positives of the film integrate between laughter and horror suspense. They are also excellent in the narrative of events. In addition, the quality of imaging, and abscess and harmony of music link nicely with the events. It is a shame that, in the middle of the film, the viewer may feel bored, but this soon disappears with the feeling of accelerating events at the end of the film. Finally I can give the film a general assessment of 7.5 on a scale of 10 :P . This is a very good movie. I disagree with my friend who believes that the film is very nice built by his 9 of 10 :D . Who do you think you are!! :!: :?:

Teacher's note: I'm sure that last comment was a joke since all opinions are valid even if we disagree. Right? Overall, an excellent opinion piece. I like how you integrate a little of the story into the essay without writing a summary. Well done, and thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
zaidalmughyirah

Postby ali alderei » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:39 am

The Notebook

The best movie for me is The Notebook. This movies is a romantic movie; it is very romantic. A girl named Allie meets a boy named Noah. They fall in love when they are very young, during a summer vacation. Allie comes from a rich family, but Noah is poor . Allie's parents do not like noah because he is poor, so they break up up . A few years later Allie and Noah meet again, and they get married. Dorirg the movie we see Allie become sick. She cannot remember anything. Noah reads her a story every day about their love, and she remembers for only a few minutes. At the and of the movie, Noah and Allie die together. This is a beautifal love story.

Teacher's note: What a beautiful sad story. Good essay but perhaps it needs less summary and more opinion. Why did you like it? Watch for spelling errors and capital letters. Thanks. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :)
ali alderei

Postby zaidalmughyirah » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:40 pm

MOVIE: LAW ABIDING CITIZEN
zaidalmughyirah

Postby saleh alqahtani » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:46 am

saleh alqahtani
8-21-2011

A Great Actor
(who???) is a representative of adults in Hollywood, and he is also a representative of those who are serious abut their tone (???). However, (who???) has the talent and hamony in all his dramatic roles. He always creates excitement and comedy. For example, in 1987 he played the role of South African freedom fighter, Steve Biko, in the film 'Cry Freedom,' which was directed by Richard Attenborough. This role confirmed his stardom when he was nominated for the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor at the Academy Awards. He was also nominated for his roles in other beautiful films. I like all of his films, but my favorite is a movie called 'Eli'. It is one of his best. I wish to be photographed next to him and get his autograph.

Teacher's note: First BIG problem: Who is he??? We need to start with his name (the topic). Never make me guess who this is. But since you didn't say, I guess it is Denzel Washington. So start with: "Denzel Washington is a representative of adults in Hollywood... "

I like how you made an honest effort to express your own ideas in your own words. Keep doing this, and your writing in English will improve! Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
saleh alqahtani

Postby eli217 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:24 am

Julia Roberts' Success

My favorite actress is Julia Roberts. I love most of her movies, especially Erin Brockovich-the role of a single mother, who challenges the mega-corporations. This role earned her an Oscar for best actress. Pretty-Woman Julia was flawless and delightful in the role of Vivian Ward, working on the street, then suddenly miraculously transformed into a princess.

I think that this role has been designed from the outset for her. In My Best Friend's Wedding, the actress shows the audience what love is: ironically, with an expressive wide smile and big laugh. Movies with her participation can not watched only once. In Julia's films,s he is always removed with a deep sense of no "soap," and it says a lot about her as a person.

I love this actress, because she is very interesting, because her movies are different, multifaceted, emotional, funny, detective, and above all, lyrical. She is not very beautiful, but there is something special in her face. I like her in every kind of drama or comedy movie. See her smile, her eyes, and her mimicry. Actress Julia Roberts is a landmark of world cinema and has extraordinary talent and sincerity of execution of roles. Furthermore, she is always honest and believable; she conveys her feelings on the screen.

She always comes from a place of great charm and warmth. I am very happy for the actress. She recently managed, against all odds, to become a mother of twins, now has three children, and still looks good. I am sure there is no one on Earth who could remain indifferent to this amazing actress. Talented and charming, she is the embodiment of femininity! I am very fond of her.

Teacher's note: Please see my earlier note. You have certainly taken this essay to a much higher level. Your sense of appreciation really comes across. Very well done. Keep up the strong writing. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :ugeek:
eli217

Strange Man

Postby hshs » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:41 am

mohamed Basloom

Drive Angry is an action movie . The actors name is Nicolas Cage and the movie is very nice. I saw it last week. This movie story is about one man who comes back to life after he dies because he wants to protect his daughter because some people want to kill her. They think when they taste her blood they will live forever. When I saw this movie I felt excited because Cage doesn't care about anything. He just cares about his daughter because he loves her a lot. In conclusion, the story of this movie is very strange and amazing.

Teacher's Note: This sounds like a classic role for Mr. Cage. In the third sentence, you do a great job of summarizing the idea of the story. This is called a 'logline' in the movie business. I was hoping for a little more opinion here. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :?
hshs

Previous

Return to Recommended Movies