Fall, 2011

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Re: SMC IE1 Fall, 2011

Postby chloe » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:10 am

This is the short summary of "Iron Man". Tony Stark's company develops weapons and sells to other countries. He was captivated in Afghanistan by the people who wants his technology. While Tony was captured, instead of giving enemies his new weapons, he develops the Iron Man suit to escape. He realized that the weapons that he makes kills a lot of na
chloe

Re: SMC IE1 Fall, 2011

Postby shenshihshih1 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Halo,friends
I'm name is ShihShih.
I love many movies,but i think my favorite film is [Factory Girl].
I like the story talk about artist Andy Warhol and movie star Edie Sedgwick,
Because i love both of them.
Edie Sedgwick moves to New York City and study Pop Art, then she meets Andy Warhol.
Andy asks her to perform in one of his underground movies.
Soon she is spending time with him at The Factory. so i think that's why movie name's Factory Girl.
I saw a Girl is famous movie star and become a drug addict, when she died of an overdose.
I was so sad about this story,but the film taught me i have to control my own destiny.

Teacher's note: Interesting film choice. It seems Andy Warhol, perhaps America's most famous painter, is famous in other places and other generations too. Cool. There was a time in my life when I held some fascination for Edie and her tragic life. She was very close to Bob Dylan, perhaps our most gifted songwriter. Several of his songs were said to have been inspired by Edie's presence. Who knows. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :ugeek:
Attachments
_Factory_girl.jpg
_Factory_girl.jpg (50.05 KiB) Viewed 3313 times
shenshihshih1

Previous

Return to Recommended Movies