[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - Fall, 2011

Fall, 2011

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Fall, 2011

Postby maikuu » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:20 pm

:D :idea: :P :oops: :shock: :cry: :roll: :mrgreen: :lol: :ugeek: :D :) :o :cry: :geek:
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: SMC IE1 Fall, 2011

Postby Brian LEE » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:45 pm

My name is Brian Lee. I don't know well this website. But i like watching movies. So i come here~ quickly! :lol: :lol:
I'd like to see all movies at . if i have to choose only one i totally wanna see the devil wears prada or traning day. Actually, I like the American dramas better than the movies.
Because it's not boring and you know, look forward to the next stroy~ ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
So i watch the Supernatural every day. The Supernatural is American drama. Relly famous. Cheak it out~! And i have seen Ugly betty, Gossip girl, Band of Brothers, Lost, White collar, Hannah montana, 24 hours, Moderm family......blah~ blah~ :roll:

Anyway, my favorite genre is all.......without documentary.......And i really like spectacle movies. Avata, Independence day, transformer, i am number 4....something like that.

And.....my best touching movie is "perfect world" :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
I saw it ten times over when i was a high school......maybe~??

Try to see this movie if you have much time! Great movie!!

thanks everybody~ see you in class~

Teacher's Note: Brian-- Is that Kevin Costner from "A Perfect World"? Don't think I've ever seen it. Thanks for the recommendation. My fav film critic, Roger Ebert , gives it **** . You can find his review at http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... 40304/1023.

Glad to read that you are a true movie fan. I hope you enjoy watching, discussing, and writing about the films in our class. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P
Brian LEE

Postby annalikeyou » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:38 pm

hello . my name is anna li .

my favorite genre is romance .my most memorable movie is TITANIC it's an terrible matter .but give every one the most beautiful love story .
i see this firm when i 10 years old . although so young . but give me so many the happiness felling of love .since then i want look for the best boy friend like that boy actor in this movie . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: but it's very different ~
anyway . i like see the romance movies then other movies .~

thank you mike ~ i'm very like you . you class very interesting ~ :P :P
see you in the school ~bye ~

Teacher's note: Glad you like the class. Thanks! As for Titanic, I have seen it maybe fifteen times. It is one of my favorite movies too. There are a few nice romance movies in my list at http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com. Thanks for posting --mike :shock:
annalikeyou

Postby joe123 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi Mike,
I am jo, you got a nice icon! I didn't have any favorite genre, becouse i like to watch every kind of movie.
My favorite movie is Transformers. However it is a 3D movie~(i hate 3D movie).
I like Transformers very much, the reson is that my frist birthday gift is a little toy of Transformers~(JAZZ),
and i got different transformers' character toy every year~
So that why i very love this movie.
I am luckly, your movie list got this movie!!

See you in the class~you are a nice guy!

Teacher's note: I thought T-3 was one of the best 3-D movies I have seen. Of course, AVATAR remains the best in 3-D. I also have concluded that many of the 3-D movies I've seen recently would actually look better without the sun glasses. For example, Tron looks really dark in 3-D. It probably looks better in 2-D. Just my opinion. Thanks for posting your ideas. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :twisted:
joe123

Postby Tony.Si.Yue » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:37 pm

Hello every, this is Tony. ;)
I like the Comedy and Action movies. Because of the comedy can delight us, and the action movies can give us visual shock. :shock:
At present, my favorite movie star is Jason Statham. He is a great actor, and he plays many parts in a lot of movies, such as,
The Expendables, Transporter, and Crank. I like his films' style. He is a real man ,so cool !!! 8-)
And I also like the Chinese actors, for instance, Jet Li, Jackie Chan,and Donnie Yen. They also are the excellent movie starts. :!:
But, I think I should watch more educational mvoies, such as, Shawshank, Titanic. It would be more help for me. :?
That's all. By the way, the picture in the homepage, is that ur picture? I think that man in the picture is u...So deep :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teacher's note: Yes, that is my picture in the upper right-hand corner. Most pages have my picture on them. Check it out. I'm a big fan of action, but when I watch dramas or comedy, I usually feel something after the movie. So action movies that also have drama or comedy are usually my favorites. Titanic has both. So does AVATAR. So does Transformers. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
Tony.Si.Yue

Postby Jane714 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:33 am

Hello everyone! This is Jane, About movies, Maybe I don't have too much details aout that, But I like comedy,romance and suspense movies. Home alone is a good movie that I liked ,Home alone one two three,That all I have seen, I like them very much, I can make me happy, also can let me know something about American culture life and habits. Really nice!
Watching movies is a good way to improve our Enlish, I would like to have a full English environment so that I can make progress! right? :lol:
Fighting guys! :mrgreen:

Teacher's Note: I agree movies are a great immersion tool. I select movies for the classroom to show some aspect of American culture. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P
Jane714

Postby suetkwan » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:33 pm

Hello~! Mike
I like Disaster and Comedy movies. Because disaster movie can make us know that we should stop destructing the nature,
and comedy movies can make us joyous. My favorite movie is AVATAR ,because Avatar is a 3D movie and its story is super compact and dynamic,
among the CG effects is amazing and the bold attempt by the director is admirable.
Also the moive is touching because the local people spent their lifes to protect their home.
And then,the moive is touching because the local people spent their lifes to protect their home.

thank you~!
see you in the school ...byebye :D

Nick NG

Teacher's note: I especially like your comment about disaster movies. Consider 2012, for example. AVATAR is one of my favorites too. It and Scrooge remain the only 3-D I've see that actually benefit from 3-D. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :mrgreen:
Last edited by suetkwan on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
suetkwan

Postby Tung092 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi, I am Tung.

My favorite movie geren is horrible movie, but also i like comedy, action and science fiction movies. So, I watch almost all of movies from hollywood :D .

My first choose is horrible movie, but in the page i didn't really like the "Deep blue sea", i like killer, ghosts and zombies type horrible movies more.So i got the "Transformers" in this page, because I also like action and science fiction movies too, we can see many Large-scale combat from robot to robot. Then, its story is not bad, and also the robots are awesome. Maybe one days human can build it to be true :lol:

thank you for watching, see you all in the school day :oops:

Teacher's note: Sorry, but I had to chuckle when I read your post. A 'horrible' movie is a movie of poor quality. I think you mean a 'horror' movie. I've known several other students who made this mistake. It's an easy one to make.

Overall, sounds like you have a wide variety of movie interests. One problem with watching action films in class, is when we see them on a TV, the picture is too small. Wish we had a big-screen projector. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
Tung092

Postby minsu0108 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi, guys.
My name is minsu
In my class, been called min
The movie that I like genre is comedy, action and romance.
Romance is a favorite genre
Because I'm an emotional guy :lol:
But I'll recommend to you an action movie
It's really great action movie called ""Ninja assassin""
The film main character name is rain
He's an actor and singer in South Korea
If you like action movies, you have to see this movie

thank you ~ :mrgreen:

Teacher's note: Thanks for the posting I must admit, I can be a pretty emotional guy too. Just ask the two females in my life. All the best.
Last edited by minsu0108 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
minsu0108

Postby OlegFromRussia » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:19 pm

My name is Oleg, I thing you know me. ;)
I have many favorite movies of various genres. Here are the most favorite: "Knockin'On Heven's Door", "Forrest Gump", "Gladiator", "Mask", "RocknRolla",
"The Shawshank Redemption". But I think "Knockin'On Heven's Door" is best for me. This is a very interesting film about two people doomed to death. Acting is excellent. I've seen this movie many times in Russian, and happy to look it in the class in English. :)
Thank you! See you in class! :D

Teacher's note: 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' sounds like a cool film. I looked it up at http://www.imdb.com. I'm probably the only guy in the world who didn't care for 'Forest Gump' (Here come the rotten tomatoes.) I thought Tom Hanks was very fake--didn't seem real at all. I think he was laughing at himself the whole time he was making this movie. Right Tom? :mrgreen: Thanks for posting --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :roll:
OlegFromRussia

Next

Return to Recommended Movies