Fall, 2011

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Re: SMC IE1 Fall, 2011

Postby Daniel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi, my name is xiaodong qian, my nickname is Daniel.

I favourite movies is Action movies.

I think Action movies is cool, it can make me feel Stimulate.

I always watch movies when i have free time , I spend 200 dollers on the movies every year.

I like to watch 3D movies in the cinema ,but I do not like to watch in the computer ,it is bad. And most of 3D movies is Content is not substantial.

ps:This websits' movies looks great.

Teacher's note: Some interesting thoughts here. Thanks! I too definitely get a rush from a good action movie. They are meant to be seen on the BIG screen which is not always possible in the classroom (like now). Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :o
Daniel

Postby kook » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:13 am

Hi my friends
i'm kook
everyone confusion
my name is spell not cook yes kook
i like Adventure, Action movies this is Interesting
When I'm free, I usually Adventure, Action watch movie at home.
because I'm do like an adventure i'm go to new place explore like
and sometimes look romance movie
if got a girl friend romance movie as do it !
If we have enough time go to the travel!!

Teacher's note: Have you seen 'Nim's Island'? This is an adventure movie for a family audience. Even though the story is more for kids, I enjoy it because of the far-away feel of the story and the beautiful imagery. What is a favorite adventure (not the same as action) movie for you? Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com 8-)
kook

Postby Chaochen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:02 pm

hi
my name is chaochen
my favorite movie star is Nicolas Cage, he is so funny in some movie, sure he has play comedy movie
but right now i want to introduce he's action movie
that name is <<next>>
In this movie he can know what will happen in next minute
so he always use this skill to fight with bad guy and also use it to make a girlfriend.
i think this movie is so funny and so cool. I love this movie :lol

Teacher's note: I am a big Nic' Cage fan too. I especially liked 'Matchstick Men' with Sam Rockwell and 'Leaving Las Vegas,' for which I think he got an Academy Award. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:
Chaochen

Postby ki_eun_choi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Hello... I'm Jennifer.
My favorite genre is Comedy, Action, Romance, Drama, Suspense and so on. i sometimes change my mind. :lol:
Anyway i like to watch movies so i sometimes watch the movies all day.
I have so many favorite movies, but my favorite movies that I recently saw were "Black swan", "127hours", Catch me if you can".
They are very nice and impressive movies.
I hope I want to a see movie once a week. :D

See you tomorrow....

Teacher's note: Thanks for posting, and thanks for registering on my BLOG (Diaries, Discourse, and Diatribes). I hope you post there too. Looks like you like any kind of movie as long as it is a GOOD movie. Me too! 'Black Swan' is on my list of whole-movie lessons in development. It will soon be available at :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com. We will probably watch 6-7 movies in this class. --mike :ugeek:
Jennifer, Choi (Ki Eun, Choi)
ki_eun_choi

Postby Benjamin_kang » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:49 pm

HI every one~this is Benjamin.

I like to watch movie of SF!

When I watching movies I need cool beer and some Snack!

My favorite movie is Avata! That's really amazing!!!

When i saw that I took 3D glass at the 4d theater!

That was beautiful colors and nice Fiction... everything good!

If you didn't see that? You have to watch it!

that's all

have a good night!

Teacher's note: First thing, watch the spelling and grammar. Ouch! Second thing, I too love Sci Fi. Perhaps you have heard of a film called 'Forbidden Planet '(1956) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049223/. It stars a very young Leslie Nielson and Anne Francis (who sadly, have both passed away recently). By today's standards, this movie still holds up. Highly recommended for late night. Very creepy. Almost as cool as AVATAR. Thanks for posting --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com 8-)
Benjamin_kang

Postby Brandon87 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:00 pm

hi mike my name is brandon
before lt is sorry~~ about that
This comment did not long Sentence

My most favorite movie is the action

I want to recommend this is Transformers 3

it.s about almost people know the stroy

Many people will identify with robotic action just my Opinion

chillhood Caliber took the robotic Sometimes I try to see a different movies

l not indifferent the movie l really like a hh action Second wom,, anything~ : : http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
Attachments
ugc.jpg
ugc.jpg (5.22 KiB) Viewed 4046 times
Last edited by Brandon87 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
Brandon87

Postby Zacharyzhang » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Dear Mr. Mike,
My name is Zhang Zexu.
Be pleased to find my favorite site because I like movies.
I like comedy, action and sci-fi movies. Of course, I also love cartoon movies.
I think the movie can give me a lot of knowledge, the film brings joy to my life.
So I love movies.

Teacher's note: Glad you recognize how useful movies are. I have several animation movies on my list of whole-movie lessons. I love 'Cars' and 'Iron Giant.' What about you? --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P
Zacharyzhang

Postby Queena » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:27 pm

hello,mike. :P
my name is queena.
I like a movie called the<< black swan>>, the story is compact, also be full of melody feeling.This is an amazing film,This is a realistic themes in the movies, I like with a slightly sad :movies.Personally,Compared with comedy film,I love more shocking film . :P :P :P I especially like the movie's lines :The only person standing in your way is you. It's time to let it go. Lose yourself.

I like the real society film. This is the a successful film

Teacher's note: Several students have said they like 'Black Swan'. It's on my list of whole-movie lessons to make. As for society films, have you seen 'The King's Speech'? Love this movie. Thanks. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com ;)
Queena

Postby Queena » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:46 pm

' The King's Speech ' Is really inspiring movie . :P :P :D
Queena

Postby marklei » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:43 am

Hi,Mike and all my friend,what's up?

My name is mark,I like a lot of kind of movie,but a favorite film of mine is <<Training Day>>,

I want to recommend this film to everybody very much too.

Because this film can let us know actual life is cruel,as you finish seeing this film, you will

want to ask oneself,can I control own destiny?

See carefully the part of "Alonzon,Jack and Roger" talk to each other,I think this is best part of film.

Thank you guys

Teacher's note: I was thinking of showing 'Training Day' in class. You probably saw that it is on my home page at www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com. Do you think this movie is too violent for some of our young students? I've shown it to several classes with very positive results.

This movie takes a hard look at absolute power and corruption. We have a saying in English: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." I also like the scene with Roger. I'm still trying to figure out the snail joke. :oops:
Thanks for posting --mike :evil:
marklei

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Movies