[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - MY FAVORITE MOVIES

MY FAVORITE MOVIES

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

MY FAVORITE MOVIES

Postby maikuu » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:29 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Roman Holiday, 1953

Postby leokim89 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:35 pm

I really love old movies and it it hard for me to choose only one. I though I can write about "The God father" but that one is too long...

"Roman Holiday" is a romantic and charming movie. Probably, gays [guys?] don't like this genre. But,if you see this movie, you probably fall in love with Audrey Hepburn. That is what happen[ed] to me. Now, I love her so bad. But this movie is older than my mother. So..Don't take it seriously. After I saw this movie, I actually went to Roman and visited place that in the movie. If you indulge in romantics, you should see that.

Teacher's Note: It's not often that an ESL student recommends a movie "older than my mother," but I love this! Thank you for being the first to post on this TOPIC.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:
Last edited by leokim89 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
leokim89

Re: MY FAVORITE MOVIES

Postby joehang » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:22 pm

It's difficult for me to choose a movie that I really enjoy it! a lot of hollywood movies full of grand scene with vehement explosion either at sea or in the air.That is really cool! but my favorite movie is "Amelie", a french film.
Up to now, I have saw [seen] it more than 5 times. In my opinion, Amelie is a lovely and pure girl, and I think there is a Amelie in everyone's heart, it is the emblem of kindness and innocent. So I really love this movie because of a gril-Amelie. :)

Teacher's Note: Thanks for suggesting Amelie. It really is a wonderful movie. Have you seen Hugo? I think you'd like it too.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
joehang

Postby Hieu162005 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:37 am

If you want me to tell you a my favorite movies, I will try tell you

I have ever watched more movies but now I really like watching a animation, a romantic animation, a science fiction film because it do[es] not make me any feel when film was finished. My favorite movies is "cross game". It is a romantic animation from japan. A movie is about 2 person,boy and girl, are fall in love but they can not tell because of impossibleness. Although many people love boy or girl, they always care and protect together. The end of movie is that 2 person[s] is[are] holding each other[s] hand[.]

Teacher's Note: I have never heard of this title, but it sounds interesting. There are a number of GPS issues here. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
Hieu162005

Postby Daegeun » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:38 pm

Please share your ideas about your favorite movies and favorite movie genre (comedy, drama etc.) Before you post, check your writing for GPS (Grammar, Punctuation, and Spelling). Write 75-100 words. Please POST under this heading. (Do not start a new heading.) Thanks for posting.
================================================================================================================================================

My favorite movie genre is "Romantic comedy", because i hate sad-ending moives [sp]. as you know romantic comedy movies are all happy-ending and funny. I love that
and my favorite movie is "The devil wears prada".

First of all, i love the actress 'Anne Hathaway' who is main character in this movie. Because in the movie, the actress has a hard time woring in the 'Runway', but she never gives up. So end of this movie, finally she gets the job which is really she wanted
and i like her big smile :lol:

Second, I like this movie's story. For example when movie start[s], main actress isn't a fashionable woman but during working in "Runway" she becomes a fashionable woman

Also, i love this movie's OST like 'Jump - Madonna, Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall, City Of Blinding Lights - U2 etc..'

for these reasons "The devil wears prada" is my favorite movie and that is why i watch this movie more than 3 times

Teacher's Note: I too fell in love with Anne Hathaway in Devil Wears Prada, but also Meryl Streep (who, incidently, just won her third Oscar for best actress). BTW, DWP is featured on this website. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
Last edited by Daegeun on Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Daegeun

Postby othma1n » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:23 am

I'm addicted to movies I would literraly say that i love all the kinds of movies I could talk about all the movies i saw for hours but ill make it shorter and tell you about the most exhilarating two best long footage movies Ive ever seen on screen to these days .

The first is Scarface starting al pacino( Tony montana), michelle pfeiffer... the movies takes place in 1980 Miami, a determined Cuban immigrant (al pacino) takes over a drug cartel while succumbing to greed. i saw this movie ten times i can tell you that i will see it again and again.

The second has to be Pulp Fiction the movie is written and directed by Quentin Tarantino the best of the best with a really good casting( Bruce Willice, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Samuel L. Jackson...) this movie has many caracteres so the movie talk about the lives of two hit men, a boxer, a gangster's wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption. ...

My favorite genres are action movies because of the guns, the racing car, the explosions,the helicopters that crush into buildings, THE ACTIONN that keeps you watching and waiting for more sometimes even feeling , I find this to be incredible but science-fiction movies also attach me . its just amazing to watch something that its fictional unreal but so real , and its always suprising for me how far the imagination of the producers grows as long with their movies... if you're into producer and their growing careers you'll definetly understand what Im talking about here .

in conclusion I would like to add that this is my own selection some can disagree although it will surprise me :) but If you want to search for a movie on the internet its really simple, you just have to type the name you want or you can seach by categories, I suscribed to a movie site http://www.imdb.com i found it to be really easy to use and its has all the movie database with twenty six genres of movies such as action,comedy,adventure,drama etc... .
hope you will enjoy as much as i do ;)

Teacher's Note: I agree, http://www.IMDb.com is the all-time mother of all movie websites. Thanks for reminding me of two of my favorite "older" movies. It's really amazing to watch the rise of Tony Montana in Scarface and the tragedy of his sister. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :o
othma1n

Postby liuyinan1992 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Previously, I said that my favorite movie is "Black Swan", I would like to introduce another one which you may not have seen--a movie of a Spy Game called "Feng Sheng".This is a suspenseful story with the aim of finding out who is the spy, during the time period of the civil war between the Kuomintang and the Communist Party . From the origin, development to the final truth,the movie made each of us feel the psychological tension to guess 'who is the spy'.But the result stunned me, you can never expect this occult. Only after seeing this movie can you fully understand the feeling. This is an excellent movie, which,especially in the days that our economy booms rapidly, engraves the martyrs blood donation onto my heart.

Teacher's Note: I haven't seen Feng Sheng. It may have a familiar English name. Did you know that I added Black Swan to my whole-movie lessons specifically because of your earlier suggestion? Now I have a new job. Thanks for your great recommendations and for posting.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :x
liuyinan1992

Postby leemingyu » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:49 pm

My favorite movie is 'Inception' .
The background of the film 'Dream Machine' connects to the thoughts of others and be able to take the dream is a society in the future.
Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a special agent to keep the idea of ??the best skills are thought of as a thief to steal.
Wanted to have an accident, he became an international war between companies, thanks to regain all that is given an opportunity.
But the mission is not to steal the information of the target head.
In contrast, it is the mind information of the goal to be planted! :o
He called inception to the success of this operation organizes the ultimate team.
Close to impossible game, but not necessarily must win!

I have a very interesting story of this film.
And dense configuration of the deployment and appropriate foreshadowing were me excited.
I can't let up the tension throughout the movie to see.
It was so thrilling and fun.
However, when I first saw, somewhat difficult.
I can't understand why this situation was lifted.
But after watched the movie several times until I understood.
It was very difficult but much more so intrigued movie.
I probably still can't understand the part may remain.
Therefore, I still don't get tired of looking at it.
This to me is the best movie so. ;)

Teacher's Note: Like Inception itself, this essay is a little hard to follow because of syntax ambiguity. I own a copy of Inception and have watched it several times. I'm still trying to figure out how many dream levels there are. I think I counted seven levels. Thanks.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com ;)
leemingyu

Postby Vivian0427 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:46 pm

My favourite [British spelling] movies are "Spy Film and Detective Film".
The heroines and heros are so cool! They [are] always powerful ,capable and justical.
And the Plots always ups and downs instead of the boring scene in Romantic Films that we can know the ending at the movie starts.
It is more mystical and exciting.

Just like the film"Evelyn Salt" which was performed by Angelina Jolie.
First of all, i like Jolie very much,she is so fascinating and elegance.Apart from her unique appearance,she is also a excellent actress.She is perfect in my mind. :) I love her full lips, so sexy!
Secondly,it is really a great movie.It is said about a CIA officer,Evelyn Salt(Angelina Jolie) swore an oath to duty, honor and country.But she has been betrayed by CIA , to proving herself, she was riding on a desperate journey alone. 8-)

And in my spare time,i also watched some comedies.I think it is a useful way to relax myself after a whole week's studying.And it can brighten up my mood if i feel unhappy . :?

Teacher's Note: Thanks for a fresh point of view on watching movies. Now I must watch Salt. Did you see Angelina Jolie at the Oscars last night? I appreciate your thoughts.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :shock:
Vivian0427

Postby hanfei19931023 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm

My favorite movie is ' The Devil Wears Prada '.
I watched this film two years ago.Today I watched it again.I am more sure I love this film.
At the beginning,the reason that attracted me to see the film is the actress.I like the beauty Anne Hathaway.After I watched this film , I learned a truth ' Life is the clothes of their choice '.
Originally, I thought it was a modern cinderella story , but the ending makes me surprise [the ending surprised me]. Cinderella back to the simple life .I like the character of the heroine in this movie.I have the heroine as an example for a long time.
In the movie, Andrea 's career market is all the way up , learn to handle the work , learned to dress up , learned to socialize , even to make Miranda reminded Miranda respect . When seemingly has everything like a duck to water , she decided to leave this circle. She said it was not her longing for life.
Andrea is a typical girl, girls do not like infighting , do not like the overwhelming life , like to enjoy family life.She has the same point as me.
This is a memorable film.The film's profound significance and allow me to resonate with feeling.

Teacher's Note: I agree there is an important lesson in Devil Wears Prada. Imagine being the luckiest person in the world only to learn that what you were given never was the one thing that can make you truly happy. Thanks much for a lovely post.

:) --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
hanfei19931023

Next

Return to Recommended Movies