[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - MY FAVORITE MOVIES

MY FAVORITE MOVIES

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Re: MY FAVORITE MOVIES

Postby Sanghoon Seon » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:17 am

My favorite movie is "The devil wears Prada", the movie wants to let us know [wants to show us] the original nature of human[ity].
Andrea Sax came to New York to be a journalist and sent lots of resumes to companies, only one of all, however, was allowed to work like a secretary.
Her boss is Miranda Presley who is one of the most famous people in fashion world and hated Andrea's style and figure.
Most workers of the company ignored her, so she tried to transform all things.
Her figure became '44 size' from '66 size' Miranda was getting good feeling about her next to her, Andrea's boy friend, however, didn't like all of these because he was recognizing [that] she is being changed [she was changing] and lost her, so told her to quit her job. she didn't want to quit and continue. consequently, they broke up.
The man was still miss and rarely peep her, Andrea recognized the truth and then quitted [quit] her job, Miranda constantly persuaded [her] not to quit though.
She determined to follow her original dream, so she gave up all she succeeded and achieved.
it's impressive me, i'll also keep my dream, even though i'll have to another thing without choice.

Teacher's Note: DWP seems to be quite a popular movie among ESL students. I like it too. It's a featured lesson plan here. I'm glad the movie can inspire you to "keep your dream." Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :geek:
Sanghoon Seon

Postby yuji0127 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:38 am

I want to introduce to everyone about my favorite movie.My favorite movie is "LOVE IN DISGUIES"which is directed by Leehom Wang , is also hero in this movie,and compose the movie music.This movie of Leehom Wang,by the Leehom Wang,for Leehom Wang.This word is very famous,and I borrowed this word from the 16th president of Lincoln. I think this word sutis this movie.
This movie is LOVE COMEDY. Minhan Du(Leehom Wang) is a star in this movie.Oneday he met an ordinally girl on the road,who is heroine,and loved [her] at first sight.He tried to find her,and realised that she was an [a] student at an academy of music.Then he appeard her school in disguise like a country person,and decided to enter her school as a student.After that they get [got] to know each other,then getting close.He is getting know about her, but he hides about himself.Thefore he is worried wether it's better to say he is Minhan Du or not.However she finally realized that he is a popular super star ,Minhan DU and was shocked about it.At last he left her school,and she felt sad about that,but he went back to her school to help school's faincial diffculties, gave a public perforemance [sp.] to audience who want to enter this school.Also she was attend [attended] his performance,but she felt sad that's why she tried to leave this situation.At that time ,he sung a song which is known only her and him.After that she realized that he loves her.Then happy ending.
i watched this movie for 4 times,but even if i watch this movie again,i feel warm mind.If someone saw my recommend, please check it out!

Teacher's Note: I have not seen "Love in Disguise," but I understand it is a Taiwan-made movie and stars Joan Chen whose voice and body language are in AVATAR. I'm happy that this movie connects with your feelings. That's a cool thing about a good movie. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :roll:
yuji0127

Postby shyrine » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:25 pm

My favorite movie is definitely THE NOTEBOOK. It
shyrine

Postby alireza_h0981 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi
This is Ali...
hmm actually "Taken" is listed as one of my favorite movies which was directed by Pierre Morel in 2008.
This movie is about a man who works for (CIA) and get[s] into trouble by tracking down his daughter after she is kidnapped while travelling to f[F]rance.
I also like some series and Tv shows like "Prison Break" which i suggest you guys to check it out if you haven't yet!!
I have a long list about my favorite movies and tv series, try to be up to dated to this topic and posts, so we can recommend about the movies which we like or dilike.
...and thank you Mike to made [for making] a page like this and letting us to share our favorite movies, and get to know about different ideas

Teacher's Note: And thank you Ali for posting. Creating Movies Grow English has been my pleasure. I only wish more people would use it. I did watch a couple episodes of "Prison Break" and I enjoyed the suspense of "Taken" with Liam Neeson. In general, I prefer feature-length movies to TV. Please come back here and post as often as you like. Nice post.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :shock:
alireza_h0981

Postby Neela » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:55 pm

This is ONLY ONE of my favorite movies... called Trade. It is a good movie with a very good story , witch [sp.] by the way is a true story. It is about a poor family that lives in Mexico city, and a young child that gets kidnaped by a group who [what?]. That group promised to take other young children to Los Angeles, but instead they kidnape them and force them to sell [what?] ! Things like that happens everyday in a country that we don
Neela

Re: MY FAVORITE MOVIES (the notebook)

Postby lauromendez2012 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:21 pm

My favorite movie is "THE NOTEBOOK", is about an old man that is write [who writes] in a diary wife with alhzeimer. The story that he is reading is about two young lovers. But they are separated by girl's parents who don't like him, and they move her. She was waiting [for] a letters from him, Noah for several years and at the end she meets and gets married to a handsome guy. but both have still feelings for each other, she must choose between her fiance and her first love. She decide[s] to come back to Noah's home and they spend the rest of their life together. You can realize that they are the protagonist[s] about the story of the diary that he reads her.

Teacher's Note: I have never seen THE NOTEBOOK, but many students have reported that it is a nice movie. Perhaps, I should create an English lesson for it. It is so nice that you have joined this discussion. Please come back often. And thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
lauromendez2012

Postby kevinheo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:22 pm

I really like to watch movies and I think nobody dislike[s] to watch movies, because we get various feelings and lessons from the movies. Without doubt, my favorite movie is
kevinheo

Postby Matt88 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:54 pm

My favourite movie is
Matt88

Postby alireza_h0981 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:50 pm

hello mike
"National Geographic Cia Secret Experiments" is the name of the movie which i was talking about in the previous class :)
I'll be glad if you share your idea about this movie.

Teacher's Note: Please visit this website for more info. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1142353/
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com 8-)
alireza_h0981

Postby shyrine » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:15 pm

shyrine

Previous

Return to Recommended Movies