MY FAVORITE MOVIES

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Re: MY FAVORITE MOVIES

Postby XIN WANG » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:08 pm

MY FAVORITE MOVIES
My favorite movies is The Devil Wears Prada. Because this movie is funny. This is a comedy and drama film. That I know keep studying is very important. it can be provides [It can provide] person ability. This movie introduced a young lady comes to New York and get[s] a job as the assistant to biggest magazine editors of the city. The director is David Frankel. This is a famous person. In addition, in the movie, Anne Hathaway is my favorite star. She is so pretty, smart, hard-working, rational,kind. This girl never give[s] up the chances. It is very inspire[inspirational] of me. So this is the reason why I love this film.

Teacher's Note: Thanks for a concise summary and opinion piece about a super-cool movie. Good writing.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :roll:
XIN WANG

Postby Terrencewong » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:53 pm

My favourite [British spelling] movie must very excited [exciting] and have a happy ending.Because some movie have a sad ending,I will feel this movie is bad,I hate this,it make[s] me unhappy!! :x
I like Star Wars and Harry Potter,these movie are very exciting,because it [they] have many frighting in it [them]. I sugges people to watch Harry Potter,because many people like to watch in Hong Kong.I watch it in cinema,but I think its a good movie,so I bought a Blueray for this film,it's perfer!!!

Teacher's Note: This author will want to improve on syntax with practice. I think it is brilliant how he brings together the ideas of "happy ending" and "scary movie," two quite opposite concepts. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P
Terrencewong

Postby jay12345 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 am

Paranormal Activity
First of all, I would like to introduce the movie "Paranormal Activity" (1-3). It's horror film about the family whose [who] were disturbed by the ghost. These film[s] are used first person technique to film. I think that the director wanna bring out the real and scary sense. Actually, I was afraid when i was watching that. Because you don't know and respond when is the ghost will appear and frighten you.
Moreover the horror sound and the fear environment will make you feel that you are in there. In other words you will feel true and nerved[truly nervous]. Otherwise this film allege that it is fact case. But, after watching. I had found the information about it.According to Wikimedia. The director "Oren Peli" only used 15,000 USdollars to make his maiden work. It's a low cost production. That means this film is artificial. Oh My God...waste my money. However I feel good, it deserve me to watch. So i would like to recommend this film "Paranormal Activity" for you.
Finally, I have attach the official trailer for you and I am look forward to hear your reply:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074

Teacher's Note: Thanks for an insightful observation of Paranormal Activity. I think this movie copies the direction style of an earlier film called "Blair Witch Project," which came out several years ago. BWP was very popular with college students because it was made to seem real when in fact, none of the story was real, as I recall. Another higher-budget movie in this genre is Cloverfield. I quite enjoyed this movie because of the fresh point of view in what was otherwise a typical monster flick. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :shock:
jay12345

Postby zongchao1122 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:41 am

i have saw a movie name AVERTA . It is really impresion to me, not only because it is the first movie with 3D technolege, but also it has wonderful story and beautiful scenery. the actor[s] in this movie are profasional, [This] makes me feel like the world in AVETAR is real. this movie makes me understand that human should not overlook his power. The nature will ask to paying back the damage what human gave to. and i enjoy 3D very much . thanks
louis 02/27/2012

Teacher's Note: Thank you for posting. I must say there are some serious spelling issues here. This author should check GPS carefully before posting. At first, I didn't even know what AVERTA was. Then I realized it was AVATAR. And it was not the first movie to use 3-D technology. This has been used in commercial movies since at least the 1950s. Beyond this, I agree completely with this author that Avatar is a beautiful story with a powerful message.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com ;)
zongchao1122

Postby zhongchengdong0822 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:55 am

I like this movie, [what movie?] because I really like the movie which is about the cops and bad guys.And it was the first time i watch.
I think it is not Alonzo's fault to kill his informer and take that money.You know no one can be a really good person when a men work at that circumstance.It is normal to become a greedy people [person].At least Alonzo is a cop,and he still do[es] some good things to the L.A.
This movie has lots of battle scenes.Even though sometimes make me excited,and the vedio effect is good.So i am absorbed in it.
Anyway,it is a good movie,i like that.

Teacher's Note: First of all, please identify the topic. I guess this author is referring to "Training Day." In this story, I think Alonzo is a good cop gone tragically bad in that he not only does bad things, but he makes foolish choices which lead to his downfall. Please be extra careful with GPS. This essay seriously needs to be edited before posting. Big thanks for a good effort!

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:
zhongchengdong0822

Postby Jingsongshao » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:51 pm

My favorite movie is AVATAR. Because it has fascinating frames. This is very important for me. I can appreciate its story and shock frames [What are frames?] simultaneously. It is great.
The computer animation for many of its special effects are [is] very real. I can not find any mistakes. It is perfect. As a fiction movie, computer animation is the most important part of it. This part of the movie is very well. However, it has a little defect. It is too plain. I mean it should be more abstruse [?]. If it is more abstruse, it will be more mysterious.Mysterious is necessary for fiction movie[.]

Teacher's Note: Overall, this is a well-constructed essay, but there are a number of GPS glitches which are easy to fix if only the essay were read before posting. Thanks much.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :idea:
Jingsongshao

Postby cristole16 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:45 pm

It is actually quite hard to choose a favorite movie because there are many good ones that I really like.
But I would say Toy Story is one of my favorites.The reason that it became my favorite are [is] because of the characters. There are a group of toys that pretend to be lifeless when human is [humans are] present.The owner of these toys is Andy Davis. The toys would never give up their life even though they were in danger every time.There are Toy Story 1,2 and 3. I would say Toy Story 3 is the best one because it shows the relationship that was build between the toys and Andy as he grew up. He chose to say goodbye to them at the end when he went to university. It is exactly how life is like that we sometimes have to give up something and move on.
It is a good movie because it contains a lot of happiness and sadness. It made me laugh and cry. I would strongly recommend children to watch it. :P ;)

Teacher's Note: Thanks Cristole for a nice recommendation. I know a certain little girl who loves this movie too. What about your favorite genre? Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P
cristole16

Postby Seasonli » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:26 pm

It is not an easy thing for me to choose a favorite movie from so many amazing films, especially [since] I'm a crazy movies fan.
I have seen a lot of movies including all kinds of genres, like comedy, tragedy, science fiction, horror and so on. Among all of these genres, biographical drama is my favorite.In addition, I think A Beautiful Mind is the representative work of biographical drama movies, so I love it most. I have seen this film a thousand times since it was published in 2005. It seems that this movie has unimaginable magic, which can attract me again and again.
The film talks about the whole life of John Forbes Nash, who has gained Nober[Nobel] Laureate in Economic. He is a genius graduated from MIT. However, on the other hand, he is seriously sick in mental [seriously-mentally sick]. I can't image how great the effort he did and what kind of difficulties he got though for regaining his healthy mind. I am deeply moved by his continuous trying. The other excellent point in the movie is the love between John and his wife Alicia. Alicia had never thought about giving up John no matter what problem did she meet[she met] even though odds are that John would hurt her unconsciously.
In a word, this movie is extremely fantastic, which is deserve to see. :P

Teacher's Note: I own a copy of A Beautiful Mind. It's a favorite. This is a very nice post. I suggest breaking it up into paragraph chunks to make it easier to read. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :twisted:
Seasonli

Postby yoonroh » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:18 am

My favorite genres of the movies are action and science fiction. Action movies has[have] a lot of exciting scenes such as gunshot, car racing and fighting. It makes me really exciting[excited] when I watch it. Also, science fiction includes many action scenes, and imaginated charaters and stories are great. One of my most favorite and memoriable movie is "The last of the mohicans". I watched this movie at the theater with my father when i was five years old. Even though it is an old movie, it shows magnificent views with great musics. The background of this story is the thrid year of the war between France and England to get more colonies. Hawkeye who is the main charater of this movie rescues two daughters of English general [Colonel Munro] from another indina [sp.] tribe who helps France. This movie has a strong stroy [sp.] with great views, and that was a shock to five year old kid.

Teacher's Note: I'm so glad to hear that one of my students appreciates "Last of the Mohicans." It is a featured movie lesson on this site. Little-known fact: There never was a Mohican tribe. It is a made-up name. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :cry:
yoonroh

Postby nathan0210 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:07 am

Hi. Let me tell you my favorite movie. My favorite movie is the Matrix.
The Matrix is a 1999 American science fiction action film written and directed by Larry and Andy Wachowsk. I bet that there's no one [who] hasn't heard about the Matrix. Because of the action scenes, it is really amazing movie. However, beside that, there are [is] some ideology in the movie.
When i [I] watched the movie at first, i didn't recognize the difficult things that the author wants to tell. Therefore, i searched it in google because i didn't catch intention of the author. Finally, i began to understand what Matrix is. After that, i have saw [seen] it eight times ever since. The most interesting thing is a background of the movie. In fact, the Matrix is based on oriental and western thought. For example, while you were watching the movie, you would hear familiar words. Those are really existed words in the Bible and Koran(Quran). As well as it's spectacle movie that i've never seen, i think it's going to be educational to the readers. Although you have already seenw the movie, watch it one more time. In my experience, you can find another amazing thing you've never known. I have seen the movie nine times until now, but i want to watch it over and over if i have time.
Thanks.

Teacher's Note: What a great suggestion for MoviesGrowEnglish. And a nice post. For me, it was a revelation that "Neo" and "one" are spelled with the same letters. I wonder how many people noticed that. Thanks.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
nathan0210

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Movies