FAVORITE MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS--genre & title

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Re: ALCME-Fall 2012

Postby UCLAMOE » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi
I'm Moe from Saudi Arabia
I like watching movies and my favorite movie is The Hangover and i can't wait for the new which is coming this May
I like most types of movies though
I hope that we'll have fun in this class ;)

HI MHO,

I ALSO HOPE YOU HAVE SOME FUN IN THIS CLASS. I CAN'T SHOW THE HANGOVER IN THIS CLASS -- IT'S A LITTLE TOO OFFENSIVE FOR SOME STUDENTS -- BUT I AGREE THAT IT'S PRETTY FUNNY.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU THINK OF ANY OTHER FILMS YOU'D LIKE TO STUDY.

IT'S GREAT HAVING YOU IN THE CLASS.

CHEERS,

DAVID
Last edited by UCLAMOE on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
UCLAMOE

Re: ALCME-Fall 2012

Postby 2013UCLAKiki » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Hello, I'm Kiki from China.
I 'm so happy to be here with David and all of you.
I hope I can enjoy wonderful movies here and learn to appreciate movies. Moreover, I hope to improve my English.

Here I'd like to recommend an : old movie:
The Sound of Music. (Although it is very old, I really enjoy it very much.)

Thanks a lot. Wish al of us have a wonderful time together!

HI KIKI,

THE SOUND OF MUSIC IS AN INTERESTING SUGGESTION. IT WOULD BE AN INTERESTING MODEL TO LOOK AT FOR OUR EXPLORATION OF STRUCTURE AND STORY-TELLING TECHNIQUES. I'LL THINK ABOUT PUTTING IT INTO THE PROGRAM FOR THE SECOND FIVE WEEKS. IF OTHER STUDENTS ARE INTERESTED IN SEEING AN OLDER CLASSIC AND A MUSICAL, IT WOULD BE FUN TO WATCH TOGETHER.

IT'S GREAT TO HAVE YOU IN CLASS!

CHEERS,

DAVID
2013UCLAKiki

Re: FAVORITE MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS--genre & title

Postby Salahuddin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi Guys

I'm Salahuddin from Saudi Arabia people here call me SAL.

It is a pleasure to be part of this course and meet you people.

One of my all time favorite actors is Al Pacino so any film involving that guy is good.

Good luck guys!

SAL

HI SAL,

I'VE ALWAYS LOVED AL PACINO AS WELL. I'LL LOOK OVER HIS FILMOGRAPHY AND SEE IF I CAN FIND A GOOD ONE FOR US TO WATCH DURING SECOND 5 WEEKS.

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION. IT'S GREAT TO HAVE YOU IN THE CLASS.

CHEERS,

DAVID
Salahuddin

Postby UCLAcynthia » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi, I'm Cynthia from China. After taking two classes, I think it is aboslutely right for me to choose this course.
I really like watching movies. I still remmembered when I was at universtiy, I often watched 3 movies a week. However, because of many factors I have little time to watch movies now. Therefore, it is a pity that I haven't seen any film on the list which David recommend to us.
I hope that I can enjoy more films and learn more skills to understand films better.
The film I want to recommend is The Hunger Games. I like this movie so much that I have finished reading the original novels.

HI CYNTHIA,

ARE YOU ALSO KNOWN AS YAJUAN?

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT BEING TOO BUSY TO SEE AS MANY MOVIES AS YOU'D LIKE. WHEN I WAS A UNIVERSITY STUDENT, I ALSO SAW MANY MOVIES, BUT NOW, WITH TEACHING AND RAISING A CHILD, I DON'T GET TO GO OUT VERY OFTEN.

THE HUNGER GAMES IS AN INTERESTING PHENOMENON IN CHILDREN'S LITERATURE. WHY ARE YOUNG PEOPLE SO ATTRACTED TO VIOLENCE? I'D LIKE TO WATCH THIS FILM AND DISCUSS THESE ISSUES WITH THE CLASS, SO I'LL SEE IF I CAN GET A COPY FOR THE SECOND 5 WEEK SESSION.

IT'S GREAT TO HAVE YOU IN CLASS.

DAVID
UCLAcynthia

Postby fay » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi,David and everybody!
This is Fay from China. I do think it's a pretty good way to learn English through movies. To be frank, I often watch movies, but not English movies, because I find it much difficult to understand both the language and the story. Anyway, I know there are a lot of popular and famous movies in English, for example, THE SOUND OF MUSIC, a classic one; CAR, a cartoon telling a story of a smart racecar getting his Piston Cup Championship; KOOFU PANDA, ICE AGE 1-4 and so on.
For the reasons mentioned above, I chose Movie to be my eletive course , hoping to know more about American movies and get easier to understand English movies.
Thank you all!

HI FAY,

I HOPE THAT IN THIS CLASS, YOU ARE GETTING A CHANCE TO GO THROUGH THE MOVIES WITH ENOUGH ATTENTION THAT YOU'RE GETTING A GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF THE STORY AND PICKING UP SOME VOCABULARY AS WELL. AS YOU HAVE PROBABLY NOTICED, WE FOCUS A LOT ON THE STORY STRUCTURE IN THIS CLASS. PLEASE BE SURE TO INTERRUPT AND ASK IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WANT TO MORE ABOUT THE VOCABULARY WE'RE HEARING.

IT'S A PLEASURE TO HAVE YOU IN MY CLASS.

DAVID
fay

Postby UCLAMOE » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 am

I was wondering mr.David whether you can show Inception or not
UCLAMOE

Previous

Return to Recommended Movies