Mad About Movies - Fall 2014.1: Introductions

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Re: Mad About Movies - Fall 2014.1: Introductions

Postby Kwankyun0217 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi, this is Kwankyun.
My first movie I saw in a theatre is “the adventure of Roti.” Absolutely nobody knows about this movie. That is because the animation movie was made for a Korean company’s promotion in the limited area.
When I was young, I loved watching movies of some European directors, such as Krzysztof Kieslowski and Leos Carax. I used to admire several French actors/actresses like Denis Lavant, Vincent Cassel and Juliette Binoche.
I am not that into typical Hollywood movies, especially about super action hero movies. Instead, I love the movies dealing with personal and probable story.
“Josee, The Tiger And The Fish (Isshin Inudou),” “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Michel Gondry),” “Closer (Mike Nichols)” and “Les Amants du Pont-Neuf (Leos Carax)” are my favorites, coming to my mind now.
I have been interested in movies so far, but I've never taken a movie class during my college days. That's why I chose this elective.
Thank you!
Kwankyun0217

Re: Mad About Movies - Fall 2014.1: Introductions

Postby Estefania1992 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi!
This is Estefanía.
I don´t remember the first movie that I saw in a theater, but maybe was a disney movie. When I was a child, my favorite movie was Grease. I loved the romantic history between the protagonists and the music and dances at the movie. I had it in DVD and perhaps I have watched this movie more than 80 times.
Now I don´t have a favorite movie. Anybody believe me but it´s true. I can´t chose only a movie for the top of my list. I can say movies depends of what we talk (the screenplay, direction, cinematography, performance, music....).
My favorite genre is thriller (especially psychologist thriller) and drama. My favorite director is Michael Haneke, but I can say more names ( David Fincher, Aronofsky...). I like a lot of actors and like the movies, I don´t have a favorite actor/actress because depends of the movie, I can love or hate their performances).
I signed up for this elective because I have studied Mass Media and Journalism and I am studying english because I want to study Direction and script in AFI or Cal Arts in Los Angeles the next year (if I can enter). I love the cinema and also I want to learn all I can.

Thank you!

Estefanía
Estefania1992

Previous

Return to Recommended Movies