[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - AMERICAN BEAUTY

AMERICAN BEAUTY

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

AMERICAN BEAUTY

Postby maikuu » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:45 pm

Thank you --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol: :D :) :oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :idea: :roll: :lol: :( :o :evil: :geek: [/size]
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: AMERICAN BEAUTY

Postby Brian LEE » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:56 pm

In my opinion, who will the police blame for the murder? Before I answer, let's check out part of the stroy.

Characters of them are very distinct.

Main is Lester Burnham. His willpower is really awesome. Actually, he's changed his life. It's because of his daughter's friend. He seems to look like stupid, But It's not easy to change the life.

If I am Lester Burnham, I won't do that. So I respect about his willpower. And his wife's everything is strong. Her name is Carolyn Burnham. When she smile...and cry...and angry...are stong...

She's irony but she attracts something. His dorther is Jane Burnham and I think she's just strange.

Anyway, The summary is skip, and it's time to say my opinion.

The police aboulutely blames Ricky Fitts. He is Jane's boyfriend. Sometimes he is very kind for Jane, sometimes he is very scary for another person.

Frist evidence, he meet Lester a lot and something has between them. Nobody knows well. :twisted:

Second convincing evidence is his video recorder. He always records everybody and everything. And he recorded that he said, " Want me to kill him for you?". And Jane said, "Yeah, would you?"

Finally, he deals a drug. Maybe he has a lot of doubt in the movie.

I think this movie is family down story.~ :lol: :lol:

I remember Lester's famous line is "Today is the first day of the rest of your life."

Teacher's note: Ricky. Good logic. Watch spelling and grammar. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P

. :mrgreen:
Brian LEE

Postby ki_eun_choi » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi! This is Jennifer.

Who will the police blame for the murder? In my opinion, First murder suspect is Ricky Fitts. He is in Lester's house at that time, and he has a lot of money. In addition, he has marijuana, and he sold it to him.

Second murder suspect is Carolyn, that is to say his wife. She has a gun in her bag, and she was caught in the act with another man by Lester before he died.

Finally, third murder suspect is Colonel Fitts. The evidence is bloodstained clothes, hands, and his gun is missing. In addition, he met Lester just before he died.

Actually, the murderer is Colonel Fitts. He is gay so it is his long-held secret. But his secret know Lester Burnham so he slays him.

American beauty has amazing each character. I hope this story is just a movie. Life is short but precious and beautiful.
Today always comes for me but it is new today and limited, I feel my today is more precious. I think that today is my future.

Thank you Mike!

Teacher's note: And thank you! Colonel Fitts. Great vocabulary and spelling. Focus on grammar. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :D
Jennifer, Choi (Ki Eun, Choi)
ki_eun_choi

Postby Benjamin_kang » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:53 pm

Benjamin Kang
Otc. 30. 2011

The Secret Murderer

In my opinion, How is murderer of crime? In fact, evidenceacts are very simple thing and I am going to said after summary.

evidenceacts are that..

First suspect, Lester Burnham alone had committed suicide. Bcause he want to change his normal life and try to something new

about craze. But that is not easy for him. After change his life,at the beginning is good Challenge for him and he feel like that is

awesome. but he is not going to his way. what he have to imagine with his bestfriend of daugther.He committed suicide out of

guilt.

Secone suspect, Lester Burnham's wife Carolyn ,Carolynshe's life,feel like boring life, Also, she'sbusiness fall down, want to try to

change life of her.finally she is getting new life, new buddy???, but when she and her buddy touch and talk each other at the Burger

House,Lester Burnham is hearing that what they talking about something and watch whay they do.and then she get to afraid.

Resolve, and she killed her husband.

Third evidenceact, Ricky Fitts's father watched Lester Burnham and his sun are doing everything but that's wrong.he think that Lester

Burnham make his sun the Homosexual... But it was wrong.

Fourth suspect, Movies at the beginning ,Ricky Fitz ask Jane Burnham that "Want me to fill him?". So He's a

strong suspect.

I think that, surely the killer is Ricky Fitts's father Surely he is the killer. Because the last scene, his clothes had blood on it.

I likeed to watch movie of American Beauty. American Beauty summary that.Lester Burnham is having his mid-life crisis.

He is rebelling against his bitch-on-wheels wife Carolyn and his self-absorbed uncaring daughter Jane. After attending a cheerleader

competition at Jane's high school, he meets Jane's friend Angela, whom he develops an infatuation for and decides he is going to turn

his life around. He quits his high paying job to work at a fastfood restaurant and decides to re-live his 20s. The impact his behavior

has on the others around him changes and not for the better.

Teacher's note: Colonel Fitts. Good logic. Focus on grammar, sentence structure. Also, there is far too much empty space here. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :twisted:
Benjamin_kang

Postby OlegFromRussia » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:59 pm

American Beauty is a great movie, and I fully agree that it won the "Oscar".

The main theme of the film are the personal relationships of the protagonists. For example, one of them, Lester Burn, unexpectedly falls in love with a school friend of his daughter. The daughter falls in love with a very strange guy who removes unpleasant things. The wife of the hero unfaithful to her husband with some biznessman, and most surprisingly - Lester looks at it calmly, because he too is in love.

In general, the film has a lot of complicated things that are confusing plot, forcing the viewer to watch the movie to end. But this story is not just built on a fantasy writer, and the real facts of household. Anyone who felt that feeling when going through adolescence, when suddenly fell in love, revealing the secrets of love, when you wanted to show his relatives that can do much. In the end, this movie is the whole narrative of the life that is not fair to good and bad people.

At the end of the movie, main character was killed. I think that Ricky is the real killer, not his father. His phrase said to Jane "Want me to kill him for you?", was not a joke. Ricky provoked his father to kill Lester.

Ironically, just at the time of death, Lester realizes that still loves his wife and daughter. Caroline, despite the fact that she wanted to kill her husband and saw him dead, crying in desperation and helplessness. They were all shocked by his death, and the type of person who was killed. Just Ricky saw in the true beauty, opportunity to see God.

Teacher's note: Ricky Fitts. Yes, I agree that Ricky provoked his father. Some of the sentences are a little hard to understand, but overall, an excellent opinion. Thanks. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P

OlegFromRussia

Postby Allensu » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:55 pm

So far , the gunfire still echoed in the my ear . So in my opinion , I think the killer is Lester Burnham's wife . Because Lester as with many middle-aged man, meet all kinds of life difficult problem.. In an advertising company work, mediocre, but his wife is better than he mix well, a tough woman style , and Their daughter is very rebellious , so there has so many problem in his family . Leicester in the rooters' the crowd came to full of youthful vitality of the Angela, everything changed. Leicester into Angela young, fresh breath of. He dead mood burning feeling , and he just carzy about think what they will happen . But this time, his wife, and in addition a rich businessman had affair , he saw they when he was working , but i think Caroline never discover she have something wrong with her family . Until one day richie father raised the gun and aimed at leicester .
The story has a slop over ending , but I think responsible for his death is half disease, the half is with his family have relations. such a bad memory! -.-..

Teacher's Note: Carolyn. A very fresh point of view. Good vocabulary, spelling. Let's focus on that English syntax. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:
Allensu

Postby Tony.Si.Yue » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:03 pm

In my opinion, there is no one should be blamed. Lester Burnham killed by people
Tony.Si.Yue

Postby joe123 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:07 pm

American Beauty is talking about a dark comedy of suburban America where ordinary people try to realize their dreams and deny their fears. And today I will talking about who will the police blame for the murder in the movie.

In my opinion, Colonel Fitts will the police blame for the murder. There are three evidences from the movie. First evidence, as the son of Colonel, he teaches his son doesn't look like a sissy man, how to discipline. But he can't escape himself; he is gay. Second evidence, first time when Colonel meets Lester, Lester is running with two gay persons. So Colonel thinks that Lester maybe a gay person. Colonel's son is closely with Lester at that moment, and Colonel see his son does the sex service with Lester from the window ( he thinks that ). Third evidence, at the end of the movie, Colonel's T-shirt has blood and one of his gun is missing when Lester is die.

But in my other opinion, Lester Burnham is kill by himself. American Beauty rather like a magic mirror, middle-aged man is cause the crisis, economic problems, marriage problems, sexual fantasies projected on the young girl's body, lack of communication with family.

Teacher's note: Colonel Fitts/Lester himself. Interesting point of view. Watch the basic grammar (future time) Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :x
joe123

Postby kook » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:13 pm

In my opinion, killed "Lester" to the " frank"

"Lester" is the father,husband of a family
but, he's from family does not acknowledge. His wife have a slight unpleasantness with a person of him, and his daughter is scally.
his family every day boring. family is look like unhappy.
but his changed, from met daughter of the friend "angela"
and from now his oneself as a young is wanted doing
and,this and that the has happened. be suddenly awaked to the sense of folly , he Have a family.
like this, he's the free

First, the pointed suspect his wife "carolyn". she's it not good, her husband and "Lester" after the changing and she is angry and jealous or envious. because, she should work. but "Lester" quit work and "Lester" doing what he wanna do it
Certainly, she's did suspicious behavior . but she isn't the suspect. because "Lester" to die and she is sad she's regret oneself have a dash at kill of "Lester"
if she was killed would not cry

The second, the pointed suspect neighbor, "frank".

"frank" is unlike of "Lester" ,it is dislike deviance so he's very conservative. and suppression family
also, his son want escape from father. but eventually, he's next door see peep and take to the drug(? maybe... i'm forget)
but realize his father is this, and he's misunderstand my son is gay
and he's watching the next door "Lester" but he is realize "oneself is gay" so be psychologically traumatized
so killed "Lester"

This is in movie home culture is As well as the United States every country, most similar
The title beauty but movie in the scene not beauty
this is outwardly beauty but differ in side
i think, maybe this movie is appear reality,

Teacher's note: Colonel Fitts (I think). This essay is difficult to follow because of the syntax. Please focus on English grammar. I recommend a lot of reading and movie watching to soak up the English. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :cry:
kook

Postby Tung092 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:00 pm

In the end of the movie let us know the killer is Colonel Fitts. But, i don't think police can blame him for the murder because nobody know he have intention to kill Lester Burnham.

So, in my opinion, police will arrest his wife Carolyn, because people know they're unhappy and tired to stay together and she left her gun in their house after his husband died.
but the police will know she isn't the killer because the gun is still full ammo and no more things to confirmed that she is guilty.

Soon, the police would suspect Ricky Fitts, because he make a movie about he will kill Lester Burnham for his girlfriend and he has been taken her go to other city.
In the other hand police go to his home want to find more evidence.

This moment, Colonel Fitts maybe would plead guilty because he is worry about they arrest his son. If not, the police still can find some evidence to know the killer is Colonel Fitts.
Because they can find out the blood-stained clothes and one of his gun is out of the ammo. Final they can make sure the blood is from Lester and check the ammo from his head and Colonel's gun.

Summary my writing, my opinion is although Colonel Fitts doesn't have a direct reason to kill him, but with a variety of clues, eventually he will be arrested, only a matter of time.

Teacher's note: Colonel Fitts. I think you have a talent for forensic logic. This is amazing. thanks for posting --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :o

Those my opinion. Thank you for your watching.
Tung092

Next

Return to Movie Reports