[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - FAVORITE MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS--genre & title

FAVORITE MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS--genre & title

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

FAVORITE MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS--genre & title

Postby maikuu » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:06 am

--mike :arrow: :D :oops: :twisted: :geek: :roll:
Mosaic2.jpg
Mosaic2.jpg (89 KiB) Viewed 7795 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: ALCME-Fall 2012

Postby DavidC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Welcome to the movies elective.
DavidC

Postby maikuu » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks, students. --Mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :evil: :twisted: :ugeek: :D ;) :idea: :lol: :x :|
maikuu
Site Admin

Postby weiting » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi, Im Weiting, but you can call me Tina.

Watching movies is one of my habits. I can learn various viewpoint thourgh movies, and funny characters or stories make me relaxed.
The reason why I chose this class is because I want to learn about American/local culture from movies, meanwhile I can watch more different kinds of movies that i never watched before.

Here are my movie recommendation:

Adjustment Bureau (drama romance)
The Artist (retro-silent comedy)
Bowling for Columbine (documentary)
The King's Speech (drama buddy, hist.)
Rango (anima comedy)
weiting

Postby Edouard » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:16 am

Hi there :)
I'm Edouard, 21yo student from France.

I'm a big fan of movies, especially Thrillers !
My favourites film directors are : Stanley Kubrick, David Lynch, Quentin Tarantino, David Fincher and Martin Scorsese.

I highly recommend to you these movies :

- 2001 : A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kubrick (1968). A visionary movie, with beautiful scenes and images, and a disguised moral.
- Casablanca, Michael Curtiz (1942). One of the classics. This black & white movie shows the mood during the WW II in an occupied country.
- Crash, David Cronenberg (1996). The tension and the pressure are permanent. This movie makes you uncomfortable. One of the best Cronenberg movie I think.
- Falling Down, Joel Shumacher (1993). The story of a frustrated worker who become completely crazy. A critical review of the 90's worker society.
- Shawshank Redemption, Frank Daborant (1994). Also one of the classics. A beautiful real-story with two great actors : Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman. A real touching movie.
- Truman Show, Peter Weir (1998). A really good and funny movie with Jim Carrey, but, it is also a really good critical review of reality shows.

;)

Teacher's note: Nice writing and super professional loglines --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
Edouard

Postby yumiota » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:59 am

Hi,All.

My name is yumi attends Mike's class.
Actually, I am not familiar with movies but I think to learn English through movies is a great idea for getting natural Englsh.
I can not recommend any movies but am interested to attend this class.

Thank you and regards,
Yumi

Teacher's note: Thank you for your interest. I sincerely hope that movies can help you grow English in a fun and natural way --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :D
yumiota

Postby Yoshino:) » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Hi, I'm Yoshino from Japan:)

I have not really watched movies a lot, but I enjoy watching movies very much.
I chose this class because I thought I could get a lot of vocabulary and learn American culture. Of course, enjoying movies too!!
I like action or drama though it's sometimes hard to understand.

My recommendations are :

American Beauty <comedy>
Crash <drama>
Inception <action drama>
Into the Wild <drama hist.>
Spirited Away <anima>
Yoshino:)

Postby chanitamefall2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Hello, I'm Chanita from Thailand.
I really enjoyed to watch the movies when i lived in Thailand ,but watching the movies in my country and here are difference. In here doesn't have any subtitle ,so it's hard for me to understand some metaphor or slang which is hidden in dialog. Therefore, this class is my answer, I think i can learn more English from my favorite hobby. By the way, I'm a fan of psychological movie ,and my favorite movie is 'Butterfly Effect'.

Here are my recommendation :
A Beautiful Mind (drama)
Inception (action drama)
Up (anima)
The King's Speech (drama buddy, hist)
Devil wears Parda (comedy romance)
chanitamefall2012

Postby Tactics » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:37 pm

Hi, everyone
I am Takuto, from japan.

Actually, I became interested in movies only 2 months ago. I started to watch movies to improve my English skills enjoyably.
That is why I have not watched so many movies.

Here are my favorite movies.
Yes man (comedy)
Last Samurai(history??? I am not sure, sorry)

Teacher's note: I agree completely. Movies are an enjoyable way to improve English. Welcome to my world.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P
Tactics

Postby adriana_movies2012 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:11 pm

Hello,

I'm Adriana, I'm a student from Brazil, Rio de Janeiro.

Watching movies is one of my favorite activities. When I was at school, I used to go to the cinema every weekend. Nowadays I don't do it so often, but I still love it. But at that time, my interest was so strong that I've chosen a career that could approach me to this world of films, TV and Arts in general and I graduated in Social Communication - Publicity. Since then, I've made some screenwriting courses in Brazil, where I was born. For the last five years I've worked as a screenwriter in an Audiovisual Production Company expert in corporate videos.
I'm interested in seeing/talking about the following films: Amercian History X, Tangled, Lost Horizon, It happened one night, The King's Speech, Across the Universe.
adriana_movies2012

Next

Return to Recommended Movies