[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2013 (Mike)

MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2013 (Mike)

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2013 (Mike)

Postby maikuu » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:01 am

--mike :arrow: :D :oops: :twisted: :geek: :roll:

Alowishus.jpg
Alowishus.jpg (31.73 KiB) Viewed 8007 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: Spring 2013-MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS

Postby cemozbek » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Hello my name is Cem.I'm from Turkey. This is my 2nd and last quarter in UCLA Extension. I am very happy to be here. Firstly, I am addicted to comic books and characters. My favorite is Marvel Comics. Hulk, Thor, Iron Man and Captain America are my favorite Marvel Comics characters. :D If you like sci-fi movies and these characters, you should watch "Avengers". Costume design, story, action and battle scenes in this movie is awesome ! One bad thing about this movie is there is no Spider-Man :( Marvel fans knows that Avengers team includes also Spider-Man, but when you watch this movie you consider that it's not so important. :D

I wish to everyone a good quarter.

H Cem--
You may not know that Marvel Comics has its headquarters in Manhattan Beach near LAX on Rosecrans Avenue. Movies Grow English has lessons for several Marvel-based stories including The Avengers, and Iron Man. Please visit this link: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com/FeaturedLesson.html Thanks for joining the Movie Elective class.

--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :o
cemozbek

Postby khalidfs » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:39 pm

hello my name is khalid. I am from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The movies that i like to watch are action and comedy. Recently I saw the action movie called G.I Joe. I did not really like the movie because there is a little action in it than the first movie. but, for comedy, I recommend you watch the movie Identity Thief. I am not sure if it is still in the cinema but you have to see it if you like a comedy movie.

Teacher's Note:
Thanks for steering me away from G.I. Joe. I would guess that the story is vey predictable. I prefer the Expendables for a silly action movie that delivers entertainment. Also, I appreciate your suggestion for Identity Thief. I need more comedies in my catalog. NEWS FLASH!! . . . I just got a copy of Argo. There might be a whole-movie lesson coming soon. Hm-m-m-m. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :mrgreen:
khalidfs

Postby souzavirgilio » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:44 pm

Hello! My name is Souza and I'm from Brazil. This is my first quarter at UCLA Extension.

Since I have no favorite movie gender, I think it would be good and useful for us to watch films in which there's a lot of dialogue, so we can improve our skills, especially those related to vocabulary and daily expressions. For that reason, I would like to suggest movies such as The Social Network, Forrest Gump, The Prestige, Pulp Fiction and When Harry Met Sally.

See you all on Monday!

Cheers,

Souza.

Teacher's Note: Hey Sousa-- Your idea to show movies with lots of dialogue (typically dramas) makes a lot of sense. Sometimes, there can be too much dialogue even for a native speaker when the plot is complicated. I have been reluctant to show The Prestige and V for Vendetta for this reason. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :)
souzavirgilio

Postby xin jin » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:32 pm

I recommend Avatar, Contact,The Hunger Games,john carter, Prometheus, Million Dollar Babby, 2012。

Teacher's Note: Thank you Xin-Jin for posting. I like all of the above movies.

--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :cry:
xin jin

Postby Yumi » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Hello! Nice to meet you every one :D
My name is Yumi. I'm from Japan. I really like watching movies. My favorite genre is romantic comedy.
I usually watch romantic comedy but also watch the comedy, family, animation.
Actually I don't like horror, action and documentary.
My favorite movie is "Four Weddings and a Funeral”
I love Hugh Grant very much!!! In this movie, he is so awsome!!! :)
If you really like love story, you should watch this!!

Hi, Mike. In this class, I really like to watch romantic comedy!!!
Please :shock:

YUMI

Hi Yumi--
Thanks for a nice lively post. I remember watching Four Weddings when it first came out. I really liked it at the time. I'm looking for some recent rom-coms for this class. Somebody recommended Identity Thief and Silver Lining Playbook, but I don't think they're on DVD yet. Maybe we can identify some others that came out in the past couple years. As for documentaries, I only have two, and they're both excellent. Thanks for taking the class. I hope you enjoy it.

regards --mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :lol:
Yumi

Postby zhijian » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Hi, I'm Luke(Zhijian Li), 19 years old, from China.
I like all kinds of movies as long as they are good moives. I like Hongkong moives very much, and my favorite movie star is Leslie Cheung(Hongkong).
My favorite movies are Lost in Translation, Porco rosso (by Hayao Miyazaki), Swallowtail Butterfly(by Shunji Iwai), and Ashes of Time.
I usually watch movies when I am free. I join the class because I like movie and I am eager to know some good moives.
I am so glad to meet everyone in class!!

Hey Luke-- I'm so glad you are in the class. I just saw a collection of Miyazaki films including Porco Rosso at Costco. I almost bought it. As it is, there are two of his films at moviesgrowenglish. They are Ponyo and Spirited Away. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :roll:
zhijian

Postby catherinew94 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi it's Catherine, ;)

I come from France and, even if I don't have a lot of time to watch movies, I reaaly love cinema. As I mentionned today, I have a particular interest for old movies (all types) but also for good and talentuous director as Stanley Kubrick who is one of my best.
First, this is my top 5 (from the list):
- Black Swan for the artistic touch
- Million Dollar baby for the acting
- Pulp Fiction directed by Quentin Tarantino, one of my favorite director
- Across the Universe, because I'm a fan of the beatles
- Little Miss Sunshine that I watch and study at school 5 years ago

Then, I would like to suggest some others movies which I really loved watching (and re-watching):
- The Green Mile
- Clockwork Orange
- The Game directed by David Fincher
- Pretty woman with Richard Geere

That's it ! Enjoy and see you in class !

Hey Catherine-- That's a great list. Thanks. I'm always glad to hear when a millennial generation person says they admire the Beatles. I truly think their music will last for centuries. The Game, is this the one with Michael Douglas? I remember it being pretty cool. I need to have another look at Clockwork Orange. What stuns me so much is how 2001: A Space Odyssey still looks great against todays CGI. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com 8-)
catherinew94

Postby Eunyoung » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi~ This is Eunyoung(You can call me Angela)
I hope this is not too late.
I'm from Korea (South, for sure)
This is my 2nd quater in UCLA Extension and 1st quater as academic class(I had been in communication class)
Actually I really enjoy Japanese movies,but I know I can't watch them in this class :lol:
So, I want to suggest
Leon
Reality Bites
Notting Hill
American Psycho
Some like it hot

I've never seen these movie before, but i'll see them all someday, so it will be nice if I can watch one of these :D
See you on Wednesday!
Eunyoung

Postby Abood93 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Hi My name is abdullah Alzahameel and I'm From Kuwait this is my second quarter in UCLA and after studying in UCLA E , I wanna be an academic student in UCLA studying engineering but before that i have to take the Ielts or the TOEFL ,and I love movies it's one of the reasons why i didn't do that good at school lol

I recommend : Moulin Rouge , Hook, perfume the story of a murderer, The Sixth Sense , The Others, and Ghostbusters!! :D

Thank u
Abood93

Next

Return to Recommended Movies