[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

Postby maikuu » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:37 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015 (Mike)

Postby Yazza-94 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Hello,
This is Yazir, your Film Elective student. I love watching movies because they they help me to learn idioms, expressions, slang and more. My favorite movies are a lot but I'm mostly interested in drama, comedy and action. I just looked at the list that Mike gave us and there are a lot of nice movies. I strongly recommend these names:
-The American Beauty
-Million Dollar Baby
-Neighbours
-Hugo
-Argo
-Rango

Thanks

Teacher's note: Oh yeah! . . . Thanks for being first to post here and sharing your love of movies. I'm glad you like the list, and I'm looking forward to what the other students say.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :mrgreen:
Yazza-94

Postby Kade » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:22 pm

Khaled In Da house! :D
So I'm interested in movies that are based on a true stories, movies about Italian mafia and gangsters such as Goodfellas, The Godfather Trilogy and Once Upon a Time in America, I like also movies about the wild west such as The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, also movies about depressing stories such as The Shawshank Redemption and Little Miss Sunshine. and oh yes! I hate science fiction movies, it seems silly and childish to me.

Here is my list of choices from the list you gave us earlier today:
1-American History X
2-The Dark Knight
3-Shawshank Redemption
4-Training Day
5-Inception
6-Little Miss Sunshine
7-The Hangover

Teacher's note: So you hate Sci Fi . . . h-m-m-m, OK, no problem. There are only a couple on my list, but I think they are among the best. I like how this list reflects realistic intensity. I just saw American Sniper. You might like it. My brief review is at https://www.facebook.com/moviesgrowenglish. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:www.moviesgrowenglish.com :P
Kade

Postby jhhan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Hello, my name is Jihye Han from South Korea. I love movies because it makes me more imaginative and I like the image effects in great movies. I also like the OSTs from movies and usually listen to them after watching movies. Watching movies in English helps me to learn idioms, their ways of life, and especially improves my listening skill.
My recommendations are:
-The Great Gatsby
-Enchanted
-Iron Man
-Frozen

Thank you. See you in the classroom. :D

Teacher's note: And thanks for a cool list.

--mike :arrow:www.moviesgrowenglish.com ;)
jhhan

Postby Mumumumumurarara » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:57 pm

Hello, I am Ryo Murakami.
I love movies because by watching movies, can I be moved for sure, impressed and motivated. Another reason is because I believe that movies cultivate us. Movies reflect the highest philosophy and art of the era and region, and thus I can get a lot of valuable benefits from such noble works.
Then, movies that I want to recommend from the list are…
1. Forrest Gump
2. Spirited Away
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Good Will Hunting
5. American Beauty

Thank you :)
Mumumumumurarara

Postby nathayde » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:36 am

Hi, my name is Natalia Athayde.

I think movies are a good way to learn English because at the same time you learn and have fun. By watching movies you can learn vocabulary, new expressions, pronunciation, grammar and so on. I am really excited to start watching movies! I like almost all kind of movies, except terror movies. Here is a list of movies that I would like to watch:

1) Crash
2) Hotel Rwanda
3) Forrest Gump
4) School of Rock
5) The Hangover
6) Casablanca

Thank you! :P

Teacher's note: Casablanca is a great film from the Golden Age of movies. I'm glad that you remember. :lol:

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com
nathayde

Postby Mikii5 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:05 am

Hi! My name is Miki. I like watching movies because I can learn many things from movies, especially foreign country's one. And also movies make me happy :D
I love musical and Disney movies so much, so movies that I want to recommend are

1.Tangled
2.Enchanted
3.School of rock
4.Frozen
5.Spirited away

Thank you^^
Mikii5

Postby Ted » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:05 am

Hi, my name is Tetsuro Itaya.

I like watching a movie because it is fun. This is the best reason to watch movies. Also, by watchig movies in English, I can learn a lot of things not only listening also the good expression. I really want to watch as many movies as possible. Then, I want to share some movies that I want to watch from the list.

1, American beauty
2, The Avengers
3, Forrest Gump
4, Kung Fu Panda 2
5, Spirited Away

Thank you!!
Ted

Postby Kiyomi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi, I'm Kiyomi.

I like watching a movie because a movie makes me happy, sad, angry and fun. I mean a movie gives me some emotions. Moreover, a foreign movie teach me other cultures and languages.
My recommendations are
1.The Hangover
2.Inception
3.Kung Fu Panda 2
4.Transformers
5.Truman show
Kiyomi

Postby Yoshika » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi, my name is Yoshika. I like watching movies in English because they teach me many expressions for conversation, and also I can learn listening and reading skills. Movies take me imagination world.

I would like to recommend following movies:
1 the king's speech
2 Devil wears Prada
3 Spirited Away
4 Tangled
5 forrest gump

Thank you:)
Yoshika

Next

Return to Recommended Movies