[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

PLEASE SAY HELLO! Which country and city are you from? Are you a teacher or a student? What kind of movies do you like? What do you think of http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com? Thank you!

Re: MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS - 2015-2016 (Mike)

Postby Emika Kanazawa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:03 am

Hi, my name is Emika. I'm from Japan. I have taken this class from the last semester. I'm so happy to take Mike's class again. Since I started taking this class, I have been interested in English movies. Through this class, the ability to listen to English have been improved. Also we can learn lots of academy vocabulary and American culture. That's why I like watching movies!
I recommend the following movies from the list...
Almost Famous
Spirited Way
Black Swan
School of Rock
Limitless

I'm looking forward to enjoying many movies in this class. Thank you!

Teacher's note: Welcome back!

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :)
Emika Kanazawa

Postby Yunlin Yang » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Hello,Mike
I am Yunlin Yang. I love movies,because every movie has a different story,every story has different ending,sad or happy.When I watched those, It sames that I experienced those life or story.So I prefer to watch comedies,dramas and romantic movies.In class,I just received movie from you gived us,and I didn't watch a lot of American movies before, just some classic movies,I would like to recommend those movies:
1,Brooklyn
2,Pride and Prejudice
3,Tom Hanks is Forrest Gump
4,Home Alone
5,50 First Dates
I would like to receive more movies in your class!Thanks!

Teacher's note: You got it!

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :o
Yunlin Yang

Postby Ahmadalsadi12 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:46 pm

Hi my name is Ahmad. Movies have always been a passion of mine. I grew watching a lot of movies from all kind of genres. My favorite kind of genre for movies is definitely comedy or drama. I like the suspense of a great drama movie. I also like to laugh and smile, so comedy movies is perfect for me. These are the movies I highly recommend:

1. Black knight
2. Blue Streak
3. Pulp fiction
4. Ride Along
5. Black Hawk Down.
Ahmadalsadi12

Postby sei » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi guys. I am Seyeon from South Korea. Please call me Sey. Nice to meet u guys. These are my recommendation.

1.the Pirates of Caribbean

2.Howl's Moving Castle

3.Minority Report

4.the Moon

5.the Butterfly Effect

Teacher's note: I have never heard of "The Moon" and "Howl's Moving Castle. I'm gonna look these up.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :shock:
sei

Postby Risaaa » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:11 pm

At first, I was not in interested in watching movies, because watching movie is taking a lot of time. I was thinking waste of time. However, I could notice how fun movie is by taking film class! Recently, I watch five movies per a week. Anyway, I will recommend these films.

-The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
-Pitch Perfect
-American Beauty
-Howl's moving castle
-Juno
Risaaa

Postby araljudaya » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:16 pm

Teacher's note: Here's a student who understands the relationship between movie watching and English learning. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com ;)
araljudaya

Postby AlaaAlansari » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:15 pm

Hi,

I'm not a big fan of movies, but this class made realize that I have missed an important part of American culture. I took this class last semester, and I'm taking it this semester, too. I have started watching American movies when my friend used my credit card to register at Netflix. She actually forced me to watch movies in that paid month. I was planning to unsubscribe after that month, but I actually liked it. Then I started to watch different kinds of movies and series. I was always ask my friends for movies recommendations.

I recommend you to watch what I have watched :P :

1- 90210 (an American teen drama television series)
2- Gossip Girl (an American teen drama television series)
The two of them are FANCY and LUXURY lifestyle. That's why I liked them :D .
3- Interstellar (Sci-Fi film)
4- Inside out (an American 3D computer-animated comedy-drama adventure film)
5- Sisters (an American comedy film)

I hope you guys enjoying your movies :D

Teacher's note: So glad to hear when someone discovers the magic of movies and how much a good story can affect our lives. "Interstellar" is one of my favorite recent Sci-Fi films about a father and daughter. There is an ESL lesson for it at http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com/WholeM ... ellar.html. If we have enough time, I might show this one in class. I recently got a copy of "Inside Out" because my daughter keeps telling me how great it is. I might show this one too. Thanks for your suggestions.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :)
AlaaAlansari

Postby Jane1 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:13 pm

Hello
My name is jane ryu.
I relly like to watch movies:) because it is very fun.
I will introduce a movie that is the most memorable and interesting one I've ever seen.

First movie is
The name of movie i am about to introduce is "About Time".
This movie is about a guy who has an ability to turn back time with which he changes his life.

Second movie is
the movie i am going to introduce is 'Iron man.'
It was realsed in 2008 and is one of the movies i watched interestingly.

Finally movie name is step up-3d that I saw.
This film was produced in 3D, which is very different than previous series.
this step up 3d movie is more realistic. It seems like the actors and actresses are dancing in front of me.

If you haven.t seen the movie yet, I recommend you to see it.
Movies make people happy and enjoyable.
I hope that many people will watch movies.

Teacher's note:
I haven't seen "Step Up 3D" or even heard of it, but it sounds interesting. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com 8-)
Jane1

Postby K.kurdi » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Khaled and I am attending the film class this semester to improve my English Language through movies. I think watching movies can help me to gain many words within phrases. In addition, movies offers a great opportunity for viewers to increase their knowledge in many fields such as, history, biography and science fictions. With a wide variety of choices the viewers can enjoy watching their favorite types of movies which are correlated with their interests. If you asked me, I would prefer action and drama movies. For example, here are some movies that I like from the website list:

- The Great Debaters
- The Hunger Games
- Into the Wild
-Hangover
-Hitman
-Taken
-Fast and Furious

Good luck guys :D

teacher's note: Great list, awesome comment! Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :o
K.kurdi

Postby Miyoung » Wed May 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Hi :P Everyone! My name is(Korean).

I like watching movie, however I didn't like share about the movie, though. Because I'm not critic. :lol:

But, today I studied and felt something in the Film class. Teacher was also good man. :P

I looking forward to this class!! :!:

Now, Let me introduce my favorite movies.

1. Frozen
Everybody knows this movie! like "Do you want to a build a snowman?" I love this part. Elsa and Anna's story is very interesting.
They try to find each different problem. I think Elsa has sorcery to make a trouble. I don't like some character. One of that I hate other country's prince because he is crazy. He is devil. Anyway, this story is happy ending, though. :) I had already watched movie for more than 10 times.

2. Hangover
Do you guys know Hangover? I watched the movies until season 3. This story started that a man's Bachelor Party. Also, each part is so crazy and funny!!!. All thing occur in Las Vegas. The movie is comedy. If you had never watched this movie, I will recommend.

3. Taken
How about Taken? This movie is Action, Crime, Thriller. This story is a man save his daughter. When the movie released, I like the movie. But, now new season released, actually is not good. I only want recommend season 1.

4. Avatar
This movie is also my favorite movie. Fresh ingredients, Interesting 3D, like Country of Imagination.. etc. When the movie released, I used to play the computer game that name is Aion. Surprisingly the movie and the game was matched.

5. The Avengers: Age of Ultron, 2015
As you know, now season 3 released. but I have never seen that not yet. Actually, I like all of MARVEL. Yeah. I don't need talk about this movie. Just go for it! You should watch the movie.
Miyoung

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Movies